over 40 and need advice

rm3

I am a 42 year old male and have been working out for about eight week trying to get back in shape I am doing /push ups /pull ups/set ups/ eating wright,,, But would like to pick it up just a little,,,, My goal is to do the workout I saw in mens health mag called the 300 workout.. I would like to see my abs and build up my chest and arms some 
Can someone please advise me on an injectable that will give me good solid results in one or two cycles ,,,not to hard core just wont to see some faster results
Below is the 300 workout 

a) Pull-ups - 25 reps

b) Deadlifts with 135lbs - 50 reps

c) Pushups - 50 reps

d) 24-inch Box jumps - 50 reps

e) Floor wipers - 50 reps

f) Single-arm Clean-and-Press with 36lbs Kettlebell - 50 reps

g) Pullups - 25 reps

All exercises are done without scheduled rest between moves. Obviously this is an advanced workout...you shouldn't do it unless you are already in great shape.

Hulksmash91

Not trying to shut you down but its only been 8 weeks. It takes longer then that to even see results with test. Clearly you are on the right track now but after only 8 weeks I would recommend any AAS.

milkin

The above workout, IMO, is more of a maintenance routine. Most of the workouts in mags like that are quick full body workouts, nothing wrong with them, they just do not target single muscle groups. Thats fine since these workouts are often geared toward endourance athletes.

So you have to ask yourself just what exactually your goals are. Do you want endurance or strength training? I would start by completing an introduction with your goals, and complete your profile by listing your full stats. There are plenty of members hear ready and willing to advise you. 

built_tough

just to chime in on this.  first of all, i have to agree with milkin on this.  the workout routine you have provided is clearly for endurance training.  steroids are used for building muscle which requires you to change your workouts COMPLETELY to see exceptional results.  what does muscle growth require?  heavy lifting, with intent to create tears in muscle fibers.  doing 50 pullups will not achieve this unless you introduce resistance to each and every exercise you do.  doing so will severly reduce your reps.  but doing this will increase the resistance that's required for your body to grow in order to be able to lift that extra weight that's attached to your body.  honestly, if i was you i would scrap your workout routine because...

#1- the results you are looking will be completely opposite from your current routine.  muscle gain requires heavy weight, which your routines lack.  i would change up your routine to 5x5.  utilize the heaviest weight you can possible do that is challenging but doable.  if you are able to perform 5x5 for each and every set you are clearly not lifting heavy enough.  performing a complete 5 sets of reps should be doable in at least 2-3 sets before your ammount of reps start to suffer.  if not, increase the weight.  

#2- diet.  you want abs?  you will need to get on a very strict diet and unfortunately it will be something to really think about.  are you ready to quit eating sugar, dairy and grains completely?  if so, then you are well on your way.  dieting is 80% and lifting only 20%.  only lifting heavy and eating normally will not get you ripped.  it will start to change your body composition which is what you want, but ultimately, you are still going for the "abs, ripped, look"  which will require dieting down.  if you are 6 ft tall and you say very lean.  how lean?  if you are not under 10 percent you are probably looking at at the minimum 170lbs to achieve what you are looking for, but wiithout pictures, i wont be able to tell.

#3. the type of steroids to use.  you will need to start off slowly with a safe and easy cycle.  you should not need anything more than testosterone enthenate which i suggest running for 16 weeks.  you can easily ask anyone on here to give you a solid beginners cycle so you know what you will need to buy , before you start.  

good luck

etalon

Sure bro there are 2 well maybee three ways you can go.....My advice to you would be to use a test ethanate and a EQ or bolderone same thing anyway a nice dose of say 400 mgs of test e and bold or eq at about 300 - 400 mgs per week....ok now keep in mind you would ned to saty on this cycle for a minimum of 12 weeks you can go shorter but you will get wayyy better results to stay on longer..... OK now the other wya you can go is to go for a winny test stack so oral winny at 50 mgs per day and a dose of test e or prop again minumim dose of about 400 mgs per week.... now keep in mind if your gonna go the winny route I HIGHILY recoomend you throw in a low dose of deca at say 100 to 200 mgs per week just to keep your joints healthy

hayabusa

if your goal is to gain muscle, then im not sure your approach is the best way to go about it, it sounds like your workout is geared towards muscular endurance/cardio-vascular ability, which is at the opposite end of the scale when it comes to strength training.....
i would perhaps switch up your workout a bit and come then back to this, one workout will not suffice forever, in order for your body to adapt and grow, it needs to be challenged from different stimulus, then allowed to recover and rebuild, im sure you know this already...but one routine will never fit all......

this routine will certainly burn calories and help you achieve a leaner physique, but in order to build muscle mass, the best approach is to train heavier and feed your body with plenty of nutrients and rest a bit more, then come back to your spartan style workout and cut down a bit an hopefully see some more muscle.....

i think this is the best option before you commit to steroids, they will help your recovery thats for sure, but if you aint training beyond your limits and eating more than you require to maintain then you aint gonna gain that well, you will fill out, but you may loose that when you come off, usually its water retention anyways...

an ideal steroid of choice for a guy in your position however may be a milder oral like anavar/turinabol or even winstrol, stacked with a little test and eq.....thats a great lean mass builder without much water weight...

another thing..... your workout does lack alot of posterior chain work, especially direct/indirect bicep work, and hardly any heavy chest/tricep work, thats defo two areas you need to improve if your planning to bulk those muscle groups up...

chest dips, barbell/db chest presses from angles, flys, tricep presses

barbell/db curls, bb/db bent-over rows, chin ups, 

hanging leg raises, weighted crunches, oblique twists

all great mass builders for those weak points....

hope this helps bro.

Persys

Sorry but with only 8 weeks under your belt in training you should not be doing steroids. That above routine is attainable without steroids. With the exception of the pullups, I can do that routine and I'm 44. Pullups is easier for lighter people obviously.

My advice is to keep a weight log. Workout and never go backwards meaning always try and get 1 more reps in your sets or more(from the last workout), when you reach to many reps add weight. You will reach your goals slowly and steadily.

And this may cause some controversy but at your age you may also be risking your natural testosterone production if you decide to go that route. Meaning you may not rebound back to where you were pre AAS. You're already on the decline so keep that thought in mind.

etalon

contaversy started lol. at 40 years old i wouldnt be too worried about testosterone loss maybee if he was 20-25 lol but at 40........not bashing you bro you do make a valid point but yes i wouldnt be worried about testiosterone production....my advice stands and as does evryone bro 8 weeks is early but if your hell bent on doing gear the cycles provided will get you started for sure....I know for my first cycle I did a straight test e cycle and loved it with some nolva or adex for bloat you will get the size for sure.....but 8 weeks isnt nearly enough time to see results yes gear will make the results happen faster due to increase in muscle recovery as well as size increase and bodyfat loss if your diet is done right......Now that being said bro i would modify the routine and see a dieticion try that for 3 months and see from there but again if you are hell bent on doing gear get a good set of excersises and get the diet in check....then you will be ok...BUT PLEASE BRO DO YOUR RESEARCH B4 JUmping on the gear wagon take all the advice in the forum do alot of reading on the compounds.....and we are always here for advice we may all have differnt views but we will all help......KEEP IN MIND TOOP BRO THERE are always risks when using gear as stated above that is why i say do your homework start light maybee a test E cycle only you will get the size then if you do well you can try adding winny and a tad of eq or deca for joints......again just my opionion.....

Persys

I guess my point is that it will be harder to rebound at 40 than at 25. PCT would certainly be in order. I just don't think that gear is required for the routine the OP put up.

He certainly should get a blood baseline IMO on T levels and such so he knows where he stands after the cycle. If he is feeling bad now, it could be that the OP is low on T anyway at his age and get an Rx for T.

etalon

OK bro yes good point That is a good call ya a blood level check would be a great idea for sure......GOOD CALL and yes recovery will depend on how solid his pct is for sure...andd yes the routine isint the greatest...i would if it was me add 2 days of hard cardio the do a back and bi day then chest and tri then a day of legs. and finaly shoulders...

Schoolboy

What are your stats, Goals, and what's your diet ?

That workout routine is a great start. Can U PM me ??

I'm no expert, but I think I can help, I'm also in my 40's