Partial muscle tear?

Dolf

Did 40min cardio, and started my back session with pullups. On the 5th pullup I felt and heard a pop noise in what felt like my upper tricep. There was immediate pain, but nothing excruciating. I immediately went home and looked in the mirror for the classic blood and bruising that comes with a torn muscle. There was nothing there, so I ate 800mg motrin and iced it. For the next few days there was pain in my upper tricep, rear delt, and trap. The pain has subsided, but it does hurt to pull down from over my head and from in front of my body pulling high like to my upper chest. Not horrible pain, but mild pain that tells you somethings not right.

Then a week later I'm taking a piss and reach up with that arm to grab something off the shelf, and I see what looks like dirt where the back of my armpit, rear delt, and trap all meet. I get closer to the mirror to look and it's a spot about 2in long, and 1in wide of blood and bruising. Guess I must've had a partial tear. I've laid off of doing back for 2 sessions now, and no other muscle groups bother it except for rope tricep press downs.

Has anyone else had this or something similar, and how long did it take to heal?   

I

icdeadlifters

Sounds like a partial tear. I had one but it was the classic bad bruised and broke vessels. Took me almost a month to heal. Take it easy and rest your arm....

Get well brother

Dolf

Thanks! I haven't worked back in 2 weeks, and plan on laying off back until it heals.

That shit felt and sounded freaky.

JARHEAD2

Exactly what it sounds like to me bro. I had this same thing happen to me, but it was my delt. 2-3 weeks and I was back to hitting it hard. 

JARHEAD2

I honestly believe it helped me tremendously. I was running tren/prop & dbol. I had a bruise from my upper delt to my elbow & I thought it should have hurt worse & took longer to heal. I do believe had I been off cycle it would have been different!