Peak Week

calmb4dastorm

What's peak weak you ask? It is the last step(consisting of the final week- (7-8 days out from competion or a photo shoot/appearance) to help one achieve a shredded physique with maximum muscle definition.  The most critical aspect of this week is to manipulate water intake retention. also during the time, carbs will be cycled, some will load and deplete sodium as well. This process is tricky because you dehydrate yourself quickly with the sodium load. If this load is chosen to be performed, be prepared to supplement with Potassium as it and sodium helps regulate fluid balance and plays a major role in muscle contraction. (Decreasing sodium and water can lead to muscle cramping.) Educate yourself on the different ways to successfully get YOUR body to PEAK. Each method does not work well for each body... Happy peaking!

swolesam

Storm - thanks for the info above. its def useful. I got introduced to the whole concept of sodium & potassium interaction when i got bloated as hell from using GHRP peptides, and i even created a thread here about it asking for help! lol

Hey, im doing Carb Toggling right now, started 4 days ago. But seems the definition of carb toggling varies by different people. Can you give some details from your knowledge & experience about carb cycling as you mentioned it in your post above, it caught my eye.

blastthru23

I keep hearing of this carb cycling to increase insulin sensitivity. Never done it, but im interested. It'll be good i think to have this knowledge in my arsenal. Guess its time to hit the interwebs (books), and find out what this is all about... its gotta be on mg somewhere, maybe...if not it will be soon im sure

calmb4dastorm

I just submitted the guideline that i used for my Peak to be added as a sticky in this section. So, soon, you will see exactly what I ate down to the number of carbs and protein. 7 days out from the show, I started to deplete my carbs by consuming only 50 grams , the next day i had 25g, that sunday, i consumed NONE. Monday, I slowly increased my carbs leading up to the contest. it was a hard thing to do but not as hard as I assumed it would be as i was consuming roughly 100g max for the 12 weeks of my cut cycle. But still, it was a challenge. 

Carb cycling is used for fat loss. It allows for the intake of carbs from clean sources without adding bodyfat. Who wants that precontest?  So in turn, your body is fueled by fat as opposed to burning your muscle tissue and carbs to fuel itself. The true culprit really is NOT the carbs but rather the time which we consume them. Sharon gave me an excellent book to read called Nutrient Timing and essentially, timing should be considered when we look at macros.