Pec tear or pull???

Yt1991

Hey guys I was benching today and my right pec POPPED with serious pain and I had to dump the weights, Im hoping its not a tear and is just a pull, its now about 2 hours later and theres no bruising, just lots of pain especially when I move my right shoulder/pec area, if theres no bruising that should mean its just a pull or strain yeah? Fuuuuuck this is a nightmare lifting is the only thing that keeps me sober, idk wtf Im gonna do

Attachments

• IMG_20210731_184236~2.jpg
    IMG_20210731_184236~2.jpg
    537.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Yt1991

Still no visible bruising 3 hours later, im gonna see what it looks like tomorrow morning, I can move my arm but not without pain. If its bruised or anyway worse tomorrow Ill go to ER.

Took bunch of muscle relaxers and an ibuprofen 800 and put ice, Im praying its just a serious pull, a full tear would be a nightmare scenario for me.

Welderman

Brother I don't know if you were heavy lifting when this occurred but if it did always remember that gear will jack your strength up, sometimes faster than your ligaments can handle. Rule of thumb is just because you can lift something doesn't always mean you should. Of course it's great to increase the plates just do it at a slow progressive pace. This will help you avoid injuries. Good luck and hopefully it won't hinder you for very long

suppsforlife

Welderman you've explained it perfectly! Indeed, roids can make your muscles increase weights that your ligaments can't. that's why is important to slowly progress onto adding weight.
YT1991, I'm sorry about your injury, have you had it checked? you surely should have! come back with updates!

Yt1991

I think it might not be a tear, and you're right Welderman I was lifting heavier than I ever have before but I was getting 6 or 7 reps with 255, and the POP hapenned on rep 2, I wasnt even struggling yet, one of the most painful things Ive ever felt.

Update - bruise showed up, on my armpit/bicep

I havent gone to the doc, Im gonna give it a week and see how it feels/looks I think

Attachments

• IMG_20210802_090800~2.jpg
    IMG_20210802_090800~2.jpg
    456.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Yt1991

It actually IS less painful today than yesterday and day before.

As it happens I have a doc appt. to get my bloodwork checked up but shes only like a family general checkup doc at a clinic, Im gonna show her but Idk if shell be able to tell me wether its a tear or not.

Bigmadman

I think it might not be a tear, and you're right Welderman I was lifting heavier than I ever have before but I was getting 6 or 7 reps with 255, and the POP hapenned on rep 2, I wasnt even struggling yet, one of the most painful things Ive ever felt.

Update - bruise showed up, on my armpit/bicep

I havent gone to the doc, Im gonna give it a week and see how it feels/looks I think
yuuuuk.
have you ever lifted 255 before?

Yt1991

Never naturally no, and even with the test it was the first time I was getting 6 reps with it, last time i benched I was getting maybe 4?

Naturally Ive only ever maxed out at 235 with 1 rep.

Hey I realize I shouldnt touch chest until its fully healed, but say in like 7 days its feeling a bit better would it be fine to do back, arms aamd shoulders again??

Last edited:

Welderman

You will just have to see what doctor says. The last thing you want to do is rush it. I know how you feel man just hang in there and be patient.

IronDaddy

Agreed with others. it doesn't look too good. better have a doc to check it out. may give you treatments for faster recovery

Yt1991

Agreed with others. it doesn't look too good. better have a doc to check it out. may give you treatments for faster recovery
Im actually at my GP office now but they dont have MRI and stuff but maybe she could tell me something. That bruise that showed up on my upper bicep area. Ill update after I show her.

Yt1991

Fuck man this is a nightmare...lifting is the main thing that keeps me happy...Ill update what the doc says

They dont have an MRI but feeling around she said its 99% not a tear.

Last edited:

HGH.to

oh fuck! it looks nasty. sorry man! what you shared here is everyone's nightmare. most of us are afraid of it... were you using anything? roids may help speed up the recovery process

Yt1991

oh fuck! it looks nasty. sorry man! what you shared here is everyone's nightmare. most of us are afraid of it... were you using anything? roids may help speed up the recovery process
Yes, I was 3 months in on test , finished i weeks of dbol about a month ago, I was pushing more weight than I ever have naturally (or ever) and it happened on the 2nd rep before I was even struggling. This morning the bruising spread but the pain seems to be getting a lil better daily

This mornings pic -

Now I have a rewlly.impprtant question...my plan was to blast 700 until Sept. then cruise...but now with this, should I just drop the dose to cruise mode until healed cuz its basically being wasted??? Then blast when its healed???

Attachments

• IMG_20210803_085724__01.jpg
    IMG_20210803_085724__01.jpg
    816.6 KB · Views: 3