Pre workout - What works for you ?

milkin

There are tons of pre-workout supplements out there but are they worth using ? I thought it would make for a good blog to see who's using what and why. Personally, I stopped all pre workout supplements myself and simply down a cup of strong black coffee before the gym. I feel that your body get immune to the supplement, like anything else taken peridically, which leads taking double and triple doses to feel any effect. Do you really want to the take double/triple of the daily recommended doses ? Remember your body has to process this, is it worth the hour of rage ? Let's face it, supplements like Jacked3D, crazed, explode, ect...do get you in that zone, kind of like "Tunnel vision" as another member had expressed, but over time these supplements offer zero benefit or nutritional value. Again, is it worth the hour of rage ? So what's your input on pre-workout supplements ?

blackmkt

cup of coffee before working out. best boost of energy no crash and stimulates the nervous system meaning boost metabolism and fat burn. best part cheaper than any other supplement. I drink mine with a caffeine pill depending where I want go with my workout. did jacked before but it lasted 20days and with the money I save from PW supplements I can buy a small cycle of whatever. just my input

milkin

Who favors ingesting carbs over Protein immediately after their workout ? It's a controversial topic since some claim carb replenishment should take precedence over Protein replenishment. We are seeing more and more studies pop up claiming protein ingestion post workout should follow carb replenishment by at least 1/2 hour. I don't know about you but I can eat a horse post workout.

Any input ?

Semper Fi

Really?  I'll have to look into that when I get a chance.  Currently I take BCAA's pre-WO - Directly PostWO Is Turine, Creatine, Glutamine, Whey Drink with lots of blended Fruit....... as for a Pre-WO supplement - It's called Mettalica, AC/DC, Disturbed......... 

Damn - Today marks one week that I have "Finally" gotten serious about a LOW carb diet, F'ing sucks!  I swaer quitting smoking was easier!  I actually "Feel" like I am "Training" for something vs just simply trying to eat right.

On a positve note.  2 medium bananas, 3 eggs, 20gm's Soy Isolate mashed up and cooked like a pancake tastes sooooooooooooooo good!

anabolic-city

If you are after a PRE WO supplement for that extra boost and extreme focus, then get yourself some EPIC by LG Sciences.

Trust me you wont train again without it, it is crazy stuff! Drink loads of water with it during your workout and the pumps are insane!

pdawg

Grenade works for me but only take it when completely knackered after work and motivation is low. Otherwise black coffee or an energy drink 30 mins prior to training

llcooljames

Hi

I change my pre/intra workout supps depending off to on seasons.

Off: Coffee, salvation xtend endurence(has carbs)

On: coffee, salvation xrend(no carbs), yohimbine hcl, green tea. I will also check in something like semtex.

N

noveskeelite

I honestly think pre workout supps are a waste. Notice zero difference.

Both NO explode and cellucor C4

First timer

I am having a pre workout shake with:

1 scoop whey, milk, 1 banana, 1 scoop of oats, 2 teaspoons coffee, about 3 walnuts and 6 almonds. Blitz together and drink. Lovely and get a good kick from the coffee.

milkin

Buddy, I am going to try this it looks good. The only thing i  I do not do milk so i may throw some plain greek yogurt in the mix.

Pumped

After a couple years of trying samples and buying tubs I've come to conclusion what works for me "GAT by Nitraflex", is by far the winner. the reason being In comparison to Hyde that just make me dizzy af from all the caffeine is GAT produces clean energy that last while giving me a pump all the while el NATURAL.

yashe

Man, I've recently bought a kilo of micronized creatine mono, 100g beta-alanine, and 125g citrulline malate -- all of which are very popular in pre-workouts, only underdosed usually -- for $25! If you buy these in bulk you can get 2+ months out of these for cheaper than a 1 month supply of many shelf stocked scammers. There isn't that much research behind cit mal, it seems, but it is popular. I'll take smaller doses on rest days and will still get a good sense of well-being. Dose up and the ba will give you some tingles and I can't help but want to do laps around the house while doing push-ups off of all the walls. I think like many things we take in, we'll respond gradually less and less, so 'cycling' could be beneficial.

As far as the timing for nutrient intake, I've been seeing quite a bit lately saying that it doesn't matter when as long as you get what you need. Now, that goes against the Gods of Mt. Nutrius and all they've said for eons, but an interesting take. It seems like if you eat anything too close to sleep hours it won't fully digest. Things that make you go "hmmmmm."

ramdisck

Wow, really old thread but WTH.  I've tried just about every PWO i can find.  I learned the most of them are as effective as the other one.  What i really need before my workout is caffeine. Mostly because I'm lifting at 4am.  pump-hd by bpi has been my favorite but it's only good for about a month, then my body is used to it.  I buy whatever is on sale and switch it up with the pump-hd.  There have been a few i couldn't stomach. Arnold's latest Iron Pump isn't worth feeding to a cat. absolutely unable to drink it. Yuck

csancheezy

the carbonation would mess me up, I also dont trust these multi-billion dollar corporations making these weird sugar syrups with a bunch of preservatives and dyes and then selling them to the people , and especially targeting young kids as a customer base...........ok crazy libertarian rant over lol.