Prowler Sled

SemperFi

Any of you guys or gals ever incorporated the Prowler Sled (high/low) in your routines?

SEMPER FI

blastthru23

My gym has a machine that more or less works like one. It's a tread mill of sort however the user has to power the belt, and it has settings to increase difficulty. I've used it on occasion, but its right out front, and I prefer not to be front and center, so I don't really use it. 

calmb4dastorm

Of my gyms have one. It's unfortunate. I have multiple memberships in order to have access to machines the other doesn't have..

Big Nasty

Yes, we have one at our Army TRNG center. I use it from time to time when focusing on cardio. Ours has a chest belt w rope with it so I push it across the gym floor then pull it on the way back. Brutal cardio. 

SemperFi

Sled 'til your dead brothers and sisters. ;)

I personally do not use it for cardio per se. It is a strength and size adding tool for both the upper and lower body. Due to the type of exercise that it is you can train more often and for longer periods of time without the risk of overtraining. It is a great finisher for that chest or tricep workout. I believe the closer we can come to actual life experience functional training the more we can improve our future quality of life.

However you decide to use it your body will be better off because of it.

SEMPER FI

Big Nasty

Thats part of why I chose to use it because of of the pushing and pulling after a chest/back or leg work is a killer finisher. Add in the cardio aspect of pushing it and pulling it across the floor and I can get to max heart rate easily in a few short bursts. I only put 4- 45lbs plates on in order to be able to use it for the cardio aspect and muscle burn. I never last more than 15-20 min with short rests in between and Im smoked. 

Warpedlifter

Yes. It's great for conditioning and accessory work. Also nice warm up tool. Push it empty as a light warm up. 

Our gym has a turf area for the prowler.