Razor Bump Prevention

Dolf

If you're like me everytime I shave my chest I get ugly unsightly razor bumps. I tried everything from sensitive skin shaving creams to hair removal gels. Nothing worked. I searched the internet far and wide, and finally found something that worked.

1. Get a good quality single blade razor. Bic sells a 12 pack of disposables for less than $3. Razor bumps are from having sensitive skin. The more a razor passes over your skin the easier it's irritated. One swipe of a 5 blade razor is 5 razor swipes over the same area of skin. Whereas one swipe of a single blade is just that...one pass of a blade. A sharp razor is a must too, so I throw away the razor after a single shave.

2. Shave in the shower. Take your entire shower before shaving. Wash your hair and body first. When washing any area you're gonna shave use something that will exfoliate and remove dead skin cells. This time in the shower allows the hot water to soften your hair so it cuts easier.

3. When ready to shave rub some type of oil on your skin where you're gonna shave. I use coconut oil. This will enable the razor to glide over the skin causing less irritation. 

4. Now apply a good sensitive skin shaving cream. 

5. Shave in the direction of growth with short swipes (2 to 3in) and rinse the blade often, and don't press down hard with the razor.

6. For a closer shave repeat steps 3 and 4 then shave against the direction of growth.

7. Rinse off with cold water. This will close the pores which assist further in preventing bumps.

8. Don't rub the shaved areas with a towel to dry off. Instead pat the shaved areas dry.

9. Apply an astringent such as Seabreeze to the shaved areas. This will further tighten the pores reducing the risk of razor bumps and ingrown hairs.

10. Last but not least apply a sensitive skin balm. I use Neutrogena. 

This has been a huge help for me in prevention of razor bumps and ingrown hairs on my chest which has been a problem for me for as long as I can remeber. Hope this helps someone else

I

icdeadlifters

Dolf said:
</p><p>If you're like me everytime I shave my chest I get ugly unsightly razor bumps. I tried everything from sensitive skin shaving creams to hair removal gels. Nothing worked. I searched the internet far and wide, and finally found something that worked.</p><p>1. Get a good quality single blade razor. Bic sell a 12 pack of disposables for less than $3. Razor bumps are from having sensitive skin. The more a razor passes over your skin the easier it's irritated. One swipe of a 5 blade razor is 5 razor swipes over the same area of skin. Whereas one swipe of a single blade is just that...one pass of a blade. A sharp razor is a must too, so I throw away the razor after a single shave.</p><p>2. Shave in the shower. Take your entire shower before shaving. Wash your hair and body first. When washing any area you're gonna shave use something that will exfoliate and remove dead skin cells. This time in the shower allows the hot water to soften your hair so it cuts easier.</p><p>3. When ready to shave rub some type of oil on your skin where you're gonna shave. I use coconut oil. This will enable the razor to glide over the skin causing less irritation. </p><p>4. Now apply a good sensitive skin shaving cream. </p><p>5. Shave in the direction of growth with short swipes (2 to 3in) and rinse the blade often.</p><p>6. For a closer shave repeat steps 3 and 4 then shave against the direction of growth.</p><p>7. Rinse off with cold water. This will close the pores which assist further in preventing bumps.</p><p>8. Don't rub the shaved areas with a towel to dry off. Instead pat the shaved areas dry.</p><p>9. Apply an astringent such as Seabreeze to the shaved areas. This will further tighten the pores reducing the rish of razor bumps and ingrown hairs.</p><p>10. Last but not least apply a sensitive skin balm. I use Neutrogena. </p><p>This has been a huge help for me in prevention of razor bumps and ingrown hairs on my chest which has been a problem for me for as long as I can remeber. Hope this helps someone else</p><p>
. </p><p> </p><p>I've heard of people using magic shave. It smells like shit but works</p>

SemperFi

+2 for sharing Dolf.

Magic Shave is the only way to go in my opinion. If you get the platinum w/aloe the smell is not bad at all. You can get it on Amazon cheep. 

SEMPER FI

Dolf

I tried it. It burned my skin in areas (especially around the nipples), it didn't remove all the hair (I have very thick course hair), and it didn't take the hair all the way down. It looked like I shaved with the direction of growth. 

siegmund

Magic shave burns the hellnout of 90%.of people.i know...ouch.   put that shit.on the boys.and any where near the anus area FUCKING FORGET ABOUT IT !!!!!!!!

Luckily.im not.sensative to razors. But good post dolpf 

Mleblanc

Thats how i shave my face i use a old double edge razor. And once done i rise wish witch hazel then splash the coldest water possible to close the pores back.   But I used this product coochie cream my ole lady sharef with me, i used it on my sensitive area like chest and stuff. All good so far.  Because i get razor burns so easy it freaking sucks.  Im gonna try with the coconut oil and other direction you gave.  Nair burns the hell out of sometimes. 

Dolf

They sell shave oils you can use, but coconut oil works just as good. Haven't tried it myself, but you could probably use baby oil too.