Removing artificial nails, now what?

mrkavin

I wore those acrylic nail tips once, 2 years ago, for two weeks. I have had a problem with my nails ever since. Overall, most of them are now thin

and brittle. This was not the case before using acrylic nails. I have the biggest problem with one nail that grows extremely thin and splits

as soon as it passes the nail bed. I have tried using Hard as Nails, taking special vitamins for nails, and carefully monitoring them to protect the nail

from damage, but nothing works. I was told that removing the tips so damaged my nail bed that the nail can no longer grow in healthily. My

next step is seeing a dermatologist. So, do artificial nails damage real nails? They certainly can, and did in my case. I don't care how many

degrees this expert has. All I have to do is look at my nail to know the truth.

Gainz.

Well nothing helps nails grow like biotin.
But if you're constantly having nail growth issues... you are deficient in something.
Your press on nails have nothing to do with this if this was over 2 years ago.
Your nail has been replaced 10x over by now.
You need to get blood work done, odds are you are very deficient in something.
But also bad diet, stress, and sickness can cause issues with your nails.

But again... the weirdest questions...
You do know this forum is for people... mostly men... who take steroids and enjoy lifting weights...?

Parameddog

Ok - Imagine wrapping your body in clingfilm and leaving it on for months at a time - that is what you have done to your nails. The nails grow back - just like your hair, both are keratin.

You can get keratin supplements. Chances are, that you have some form of fungal nail bed infection, albeit minor, which needs treating.

MarryGT

Hey there! I totally feel your pain about your natural nails being damaged after wearing artificial nails. I used to wear acrylic nails all the time, and it took a while for my nails to recover.

metalicstorm

Hey there! I totally feel your pain about your natural nails being damaged after wearing artificial nails. I used to wear acrylic nails all the time, and it took a while for my nails to recover.

mariamirabela

A while back, I experimented with them too, and boy, did my natural nails suffer the consequences. It's frustrating when something meant to enhance ends up causing trouble instead. I remember trying all sorts of remedies, from special treatments to vitamins, but like you, nothing seemed to fully restore them.