Results From Blood Work

Maniac1130

First, I would like say that I am really enjoying the new blue look to Muscle Gurus. Looks great, guys!

Went to the Dr.'s yesterday and my NP read me the results of my blood work.

There were 2 different Test levels that she checked and if I remember correctly it looked like this: Normal range was 8.5-25.5 and my levels were 10.2. Also, normal range was (I am forgetting the normal ranges for this one) like 325-something, I honestly can't remember but mine was also on the lower side.

Basically my blood work showed that my levels were on the low side of normal. She said she could refer me to an Endo for some TRT but I passed this time. Mainly because I didn't have the heart to tell her that I am taking testosterone now. lol.

Also, my thyroid levels were low/underactive. So she prescribed me a thyroid pill to take. So I told her that I was going to take the thyroid medicine and see if that helped first (low thyroid levels can also cause fatigue).

Maniac1130

Was planning to do more lab work in the middle of my cycle (although I think I might puss out becuase I don't want my Dr. to know) and a few weeks after I finish my cycle.

suppsforlife

Was planning to do more lab work in the middle of my cycle (although I think I might puss out becuase I don't want my Dr. to know) and a few weeks after I finish my cycle.
that would be great to determine your current T levels, you may also check estrogen too, to make sure you're all fine

Maniac1130

can't you go to a private lab?
From what I am to understand (in NY anyway) we have to have a referal from our heath care provider in order to get the lab work. Otherwise, I don't think my health insurance will cover it. I could be wrong though.

Maniac1130

that would be great to determine your current T levels, you may also check estrogen too, to make sure you're all fine
That's what I was originally going to do. However, I don't feel super comfortable explaining to my Dr. that I am taking steroids without a prescription. When I was younger, I wouldn;t have cared at all but now that I am in my 30's, I am nervous to do so. Even though everything is supposed to be dr-patient confidential.

BiggyBill

I don't think my health insurance will cover it.
no they won't, almost surely.

That's what I was originally going to do. However, I don't feel super comfortable explaining to my Dr. that I am taking steroids without a prescription. When I was younger, I wouldn;t have cared at all but now that I am in my 30's, I am nervous to do so. Even though everything is supposed to be dr-patient confidential.
I can perfectly understand you. That's why many refuse to do blood work (they have to pay out of pocket) and simply listen to their body reactions

Maniac1130

I can perfectly understand you. That's why many refuse to do blood work (they have to pay out of pocket) and simply listen to their body reactions
Makes sense. I may just man up and do this thru my doctor because by law they can't get me arrested or anything like that since we have confidentiality laws to protect us. Plus, it might be a good idea to make my doctor aware so they can help guide me with understanding my test levels and estrogen levels.

BTW, I thought I was going to get arrested today at the gym for straight up killing back today LMFAO! Anyway, hope you dudes are killing it at the gym and having great weeks so far!

BiggyBill

Plus, it might be a good idea to make my doctor aware so they can help guide me with understanding my test levels and estrogen levels.
it depends on a doctor to another.
BTW, I thought I was going to get arrested today at the gym for straight up killing back today LMFAO! Anyway, hope you dudes are killing it at the gym and having great weeks so far!
yesterday I almost killed myself in the gym too, LOL :D

Maniac1130

how's it going to with added roids?
It's going fantastic. This is my second complete week with 500mg of test (which is now kicking in nicely) and I just started 40mg of winstrol. Last week I started with 30mg, noticed the dry joints were killing a minor injury I had at work on Monday last week so I decided to decrease the dose to 20mg per day (which got me thru the injury but still gave me amazing pumps at the gym). Started noticing some gyno sides too so I started taking Arimidex .5mg every other day. Took my second dose of that last night. The one thing I find annoying about the Arimidex is that I really need to be on top of my shit because it's easy to forget when the heck I am supposed to take it. But my next dose will be tomorrow. Going to kill legs today at the gym, take Saturday off. I may have to start my week on Sunday depending on whether or not my gym will be closed on Monday.

When I first got back into the gym I was going every other day due to the amount of soreness I was experiencing. It was brutal. But the juice is kicking in nicely, and with the proper doses of protein intake, I am recovering like Super Man!

JSom

First, I would like say that I am really enjoying the new blue look to Muscle Gurus. Looks great, guys!

Went to the Dr.'s yesterday and my NP read me the results of my blood work.

There were 2 different Test levels that she checked and if I remember correctly it looked like this: Normal range was 8.5-25.5 and my levels were 10.2. Also, normal range was (I am forgetting the normal ranges for this one) like 325-something, I honestly can't remember but mine was also on the lower side.

Basically my blood work showed that my levels were on the low side of normal. She said she could refer me to an Endo for some TRT but I passed this time. Mainly because I didn't have the heart to tell her that I am taking testosterone now. lol.

Also, my thyroid levels were low/underactive. So she prescribed me a thyroid pill to take. So I told her that I was going to take the thyroid medicine and see if that helped first (low thyroid levels can also cause fatigue).

What is the diagnosis of the thyroid gland? Hypothyroidism or Autoimmune Thyroiditis? If so, then you will have to take hormones all your life if you do not want problems with the reproductive system, joints and digestion to begin.

Maniac1130

What is the diagnosis of the thyroid gland? Hypothyroidism or Autoimmune Thyroiditis? If so, then you will have to take hormones all your life if you do not want problems with the reproductive system, joints and digestion to begin.
I have a slightly underactive thyroid. It's hereditary. Both my mom and dad have the same issue so I knew it was only going to be a matter of time before mine caught up with me. I am still holding out that once I get myself in better shape IE less fat, I may be able to get my thyroid in check for a little while longer without meds.

lavignefm

It's going fantastic. This is my second complete week with 500mg of test (which is now kicking in nicely) and I just started 40mg of winstrol. Last week I started with 30mg, noticed the dry joints were killing a minor injury I had at work on Monday last week so I decided to decrease the dose to 20mg per day (which got me thru the injury but still gave me amazing pumps at the gym). Started noticing some gyno sides too so I started taking Arimidex .5mg every other day. Took my second dose of that last night. The one thing I find annoying about the Arimidex is that I really need to be on top of my shit because it's easy to forget when the heck I am supposed to take it. But my next dose will be tomorrow. Going to kill legs today at the gym, take Saturday off. I may have to start my week on Sunday depending on whether or not my gym will be closed on Monday.

When I first got back into the gym I was going every other day due to the amount of soreness I was experiencing. It was brutal. But the juice is kicking in nicely, and with the proper doses of protein intake, I am recovering like Super Man!
When you say "Proper does of protien intake" would you share how much protien you take daily during cycle vs. not cycling. and elaborate more on dosing protien during a cycle.

Maniac1130

When you say "Proper does of protien intake" would you share how much protien you take daily during cycle vs. not cycling. and elaborate more on dosing protien during a cycle.
Sure. I weigh roughly 195-200 lbs so I try to intake roughly 72 grams of protein (72=.36*200) per day.

I try to get as much of this from food as possible but it's difficult so I supplement with protein shakes. I don't know whether there's a difference of protein intake during cycle vs. not during a cycle so I just try to maintain the recommended daily dose of .36 grams of protein per pound.

All you do is multiply your body weight times .36 to get the total grams of protein. Or you multiple your body weight in kilograms by .8.

Basically, protein is the building block for muscles. When we workout, we are tearing/breaking down our muscles and protein helps us rebuild them. There's 3 different kinds of protein: Whey, Isolate, and Casein. Your Whey protein is the most common form of protein that usually takes between 1.5-2.5 hours to digest. Casein protein is a slower-acting form of protein that typically takes 8 hours to digest. Whereas, Isolate protein works more quickly than the other two forms. Casein protein (the form that comes from milk) I usually make a shake before bed so it has time to digest while I am sleeping. Protein is essential, as I am sure you know, for muscle growth and recovery.

Hope this helps!