Results From Blood Work

BiggyBill

I weigh roughly 195-200 lbs so I try to intake roughly 72 grams of protein (72=.36*200) per day
The guy is trying to bulk up so is actually recommended to use 0.6-0.9 g of protein per pound of body weight. (1.2-2.0 g/kg). Is true you should try to get it from foods, but if you can’t - that’s why there are shakes.
that’s what i would recommend to you too Maniac if you try to bulk. With your weight that would be roughly 120-180 g of protein daily.

lavignefm

The guy is trying to bulk up so is actually recommended to use 0.6-0.9 g of protein per pound of body weight. (1.2-2.0 g/kg). Is true you should try to get it from foods, but if you can’t - that’s why there are shakes.
that’s what i would recommend to you too Maniac if you try to bulk. With your weight that would be roughly 120-180 g of protein daily.
Thank you for sharing

Maniac1130

Yeah for sure. I should have been more clear that the recommended daily protein I was talking about is to maintain your current weight, I had no idea he was trying to bulk.

Yeah, thanks Bill. I won't be bulking any time soon. I need to get to a certain BF % first then I will bulk. Probably wont be for another year or so. Thanks for the suggestion!

suppsforlife

even a person that is cutting needs a similar protein intake (protein can help lose weight but mainly, not to lose muscles during cutting). Protein doesn't make you fat

Maniac1130

While I don't necessarily disagree, can you explain to me how I should intake that amount of protein while on a calorie deficit? Also, I never drink shakes with water, I have to use skim milk to stomach the taste...

HGH.to

that's why there are so many bodybuilders and athletes binge eating on turkey/ chicken breasts - high proteins and low calories and why so many of them go for protein shakes with water only.
There are other foods high in protein and low in calories either

Maniac1130

that's why there are so many bodybuilders and athletes binge eating on turkey/ chicken breasts - high proteins and low calories and why so many of them go for protein shakes with water only.
There are other foods high in protein and low in calories either
Yeah fair enough. I was considering the amount of calories that consist of 180grams of protein =720 however, there's absolutely nothing wrong with taking in that much protein and perhaps I should have been doing this from the beginning! Thanks guys, I always appreciate your input!

Maniac1130

yeah, that's only from protein indeed.
But you still have around 2000 calories left a day, when you are cutting. Not mentioning if you bulk up (left around 4000 calories a day)
That's where I wish you were right. I have to go on a strict 1200 (for fastest results)/1500 calorie deficit to see any results. If I consume 2000 calories per day my body wouldn't change in the way that I want it to. My metabolism is naturally slow.

suppsforlife

Yeah, everyone is different in terms of metabolism AND body weight. Usually 200-500 calories deficit a day is enough. But for someone calorie deficit of 500 daily is 3000 calories (3500 maintenance) whilst for others is 1500 (2000 maintenance). depends on your weight, muscles amount, BF% etc.

Maniac1130

Yeah, everyone is different in terms of metabolism AND body weight. Usually 200-500 calories deficit a day is enough. But for someone calorie deficit of 500 daily is 3000 calories (3500 maintenance) whilst for others is 1500 (2000 maintenance). depends on your weight, muscles amount, BF% etc.
100%. I would love to eat 3000 calories per day to lose weight. I would be the happiest ever!