SARMS- What the heck are they?

milkin

Sarms - Selective Androgen Recptor Modulators

Sarms, what exactly are they? Well their definition is as follows:

Selective androgen receptor modulators or SARMs are a novel class of androgen receptor ligands. (The name follows the terminology currently used for similar molecules targeting the estrogen receptor, "selective estrogen receptor modulators," such as Tamoxifen.) They are intended to have the same kind of effects as androgenic drugs like anabolic steroids but be much more selective in their action, allowing them to be used for many more clinical indications than the relatively limited legitimate uses that anabolic steroids are currently approved for. (Definition source - Wikipedia)

SARMs have been studied and developed since 1998 but are still in developmental stages due to lack of research. There are no true sarms available on the legitimate pharmaceutical market however,  Ostarine has made it into the third and last phase of clinical development but their actual effect on “Tissue Selective Activity” is still unknown. Research peptide forum is said to be the closest match to its true chemical composition.

So here we have a drug that very closely mimics the effects of anabolic steroids without the sides, sounds like a win-win situation. Well not exactly since there are very few studies that support this theory although you will find conflicting views from supplement marketers. This remains debatable so until new studies surface, we will just touch on the different types of sarms and what their intended effects are. I neither agree/disagree with the integrity of sarms or their proposed function, rather I am just simply defining what they are and what they are marketed for.

Sarms are uncharted waters for most and hopefully more feedback will surface as people become more familiar with their function.

All the information below has be obtained from the following website which I found to be most informative:

http://www.sarmsinfo.com/

The four sarms currently discussed are:

Andarine S4, GW1516 or GSK-516, LGD-4033, and Ostarine MK-2866

·          Andarine S4 - The benefit of using Andarine S4 over anabolic steroids or testosterone is that you don’t have to worry about non-skeletal muscle tissues experiencing androgen activity. Andarine S4 is also used for various types of medical ailements. It may be prescribed to treat Bening Prostatic Hypertrophy, Muscle wasting, and Osteoporosis.

·          GW1516 or GSK-516 - A PPAR modulator allows the body to use more glucose and to create additional muscle tissue. One of the PPARs is GW-501516. It may be referred to as GW1516 or GSK-516 as well. It can help to reduce and even reverse various problems in men who are obese or that have symptoms of pre-diabetes due to problems with their metabolism. The use of GW-501516 may be a viable treatment for reducing obesity and various conditions that are linked to it.

·          LGD-4033- One of the members of the Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator category, also known as SARM, is LGD-4033. It is an oral product that is non-steroidal, but it can offer many of the same benefits as some of the anabolic steroids. The use of LGD-4033 medically includes treatment of muscle wasting. This can be due to issues with cancer or muscle loss due to the natural aging process

·          Ostarine MK-2866 - A type of SARM (short for Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator) is called Ostarine MK-2866. It is typically prescribed for the treatment and prevention of muscle wasting. Such health concerns can be genetic, due to HIV/AIDS, and other ailments. There are also studies in place that indicate this medication may soon be prescribed as part of hormone replacement therapy (HRT)

Kfizzle

Man it's like you read my mind...  saw all these SARMS posts and thought wtf are SARMS but haven't got into checking yet and you post This!!  As always good stuff bro!!! 

milkin

i know bro, we have planted a chip inside your head. Now stop thinking about strippers.

( Actually have to give props to built_tough and semper Fi for sparking up this topic)

built_tough

talk to me if you want more info. i can tell you about OSTARINE once done with that.  I can also tell you about S-4, gw-50156 , and LGD-4033.  whenever you are ready.  

milkin

Whatever info you guys have to share with the community I am sure it would be greatly appericiated by those researching sarms.

Bigmig

A few cyclists have been busted for gw1516, but loads of scare stories about it being withdrawn from trial due to it be carconagenic.....

http://www.weareforensic.co.uk/how-to-get-skinny-and-get-cancer-gw1516/

not sure id touch it...... 

blastthru23

Ive used lgd, osta, gw, yk11, but avoided S4 due to the visual side effects. I began using lgd because i heard it was good for tendon and ligament repair. It seemed to work, since after taking it for about 4-6 months my shoulder no longer is an issue. When i took osta, i noticed moderate fat loss with moderate strength gains. Tjen i stacked lgd with gw, and heres where i noticed decent gain in strength. Also, i should mention that about an hour after taking any of the sarms i felt some elation, and energy. however, unlike all the hyped up adds, they are not a substitute for aas, at all. I feel they will help keeping gains between cycles. As for pct, some companies market them, but imo they are not needed, instead, maybe utilize sarms during and after pct post aas cycle. I might do an lgd/gw stack once pct is completed, but they can be kinda expensive for what they are worth. Might do igf1 instead...

Are sarms worth it? I think so, especially if you have ligament issues, and it may be good to keep gains between cycles. And ss far as i can tell, they dont upset natty t production. This is something i wonder about to tell you the truth. Oh, one last thing, i did notice a mild increase in libido, but was it from the sarms, or was it due to increases endogenous t production from working out. Only bloodwork could settle that i suppose, which would have yo be done I'm guessing a month after pct...I'll stop rambling...

B

Burrr

Stunnaman1900 said:
</p><p>I want to incorp SARMS into my 3500cal 200g protien diet..Whats the best starter SARMS to begin </p><p>
How about your research the shit out of SARMs then come back with your plan of attack and ask these guys how it looks. Personally, I dont think SARMs look good.</p><p>Look into creatine for a little help with your bulk.</p><p> If you hit that kcal and protein goal you will put muscle on really fast I went from 145 to 175 in my first 6 months, natty and eating like it was my job. Saved the weed for after i;ve done my workout and fucked my wife, then smoke a little and eat some more.</p>

SemperFi

You would have better initial results with BCAA's, HMB and creatine incorporated with proper nutrition and training.

You grasping at straws here a bit IMO.

X2 Burr.

SEMPER FI

B

Burrr

Stunnaman,

to put things in perspective here. 

imagine you gotta guy who has never ever caught a buzz before and he comes to you asking should I try heroin or play it safe and just do oxycontin. You would reply with.... umm, maybe have a beer or smoke a bowl.

You need to smoke a few bowls, so to speak.

Stunnaman1900

Lol...ok ok yea i got u... I'm gonna try the 3500cal 200g protein diet add weight gainer and work my ass off and once i see major gains ill do the switch to cycle

A

Amazingmonkey1

Could you use it as part of a pct due to its gentle suppression 

A

Amazingmonkey1

why not do all of it get a real good buzz going...obviously start with a smoke first moving on to a beer or two but do the oxy or brown after? Truth be told you can never be safe boils down to the person..