Security clearance

buff4jesus

Anybody got experience doing a security clearance for a white collar position on here. Wanna get one soon for a really good paying position and I was wondering if my gear use will get me denied or will get found out somehow.

Twizted

I've had several clearances over the years. The only way you will have an issue is if you leave your gear out on the table in the living room when they interview you lol. Or if one of your listed references or immediate family disclose that info when they are questioned. For the most part they just do an in depth background check and verify through your references/family that you aren't a security threat.

PedritoHID

I work in an Aerospace Industry and I have security clearance, they only will know if you tell them, there's nothing to worry about.

Congrats on the job!

D

Deleted member 45086

Glad to know that I'm on here with the Men In Black with all y'all's G6 security clearance. I needed something else to make me feel unimportant. 😂

Twizted

I work in an Aerospace Industry and I have security clearance, they only will know if you tell them, there's nothing to worry about.

Congrats on the job!
I work in the aerospace industry as well, what do you do if you don't mind me asking? I don't stumble across ppl in this field very often

PedritoHID

I work in the aerospace industry as well, what do you do if you don't mind me asking? I don't stumble across ppl in this field very often
That's cool man me neither. I'm a production engineer. Its a fun environment. But I'm studying to have a car mechanic shop cause I wanna have my own business bro, I wanna be my own boss.

Twizted

Awesome man. I'm just an avionics technician or i was until recently anyways. I actually just got promoted to supervisor. I'm looking to change things up as well, I'm 6 months away from my Bachelors degree in computer science.

PedritoHID

Awesome man. I'm just an avionics technician or i was until recently anyways. I actually just got promoted to supervisor. I'm looking to change things up as well, I'm 6 months away from my Bachelors degree in computer science.
That's pretty cool AV Techs get to play with the cool gadgets and always wanna learn that but I need the certs and they won't give it to anyone 😠

buff4jesus

I've had several clearances over the years. The only way you will have an issue is if you leave your gear out on the table in the living room when they interview you lol. Or if one of your listed references or immediate family disclose that info when they are questioned. For the most part they just do an in depth background check and verify through your references/family that you aren't a security threat.
Did you have to get a poly with em

Twizted

Pedrito is correct, no polygraph needed. You may get polygraphed if your going for top-secret clearance depending on what your job entails.

Twizted

Mine is top secret. I'm fucked
If its top secret then yeah its possible you will have to do a poly. Sometimes they do them and sometimes they don't, it depends on what the job is. They also aren't very forthcoming up front if it will be required or not.

D

Deleted member 45086

Once again I can't really give any useful information due to my lack of importance. 😂