Sharps

ramdisck

As I dropped one in my sharps bin this morning I was thinking to start a thread just like this.  I have like 3 full ones stored away in boxes, and another one getting full.

I put all my used needles in the sharps container, but my county does not offer disposal.  It is suggested I drop them off at a local clinic, but haven't found one that takes them.  Does anyone bring them to a hospital?  I've also read you can burn them. Thanks for asking the question first.

someguy_78

You try to be responsible and no one will take them. Makes it difficult. I only have a couple as I started my cycle last night but I wanna know where to bring em before they pile up. 

turnupthegas

This link here in the us may be helpful, there is also a link on the bottom right that you can check out info based on your state of residence.

fda.gov/downloads/MedicalDevices/ProductsandMedicalProcedures/HomeHealthandConsumer/ConsumerProducts/Sharps/UCM278782.pdf

Dolf

If your county doesn't offer disposal you could cap the pins, put them in a large coffee can, tape the lid on when full, and put it in the trash to go to the landfill. Also you could cap the pin, pull the plunger out, put the pin in the barrel, and push the plunger back on as far as it will go. Then put them in the coffee can and tape the lid on to go to the landfill.

Outlawthing

I used to work in the landfills and transfer stations   And let me tell ya those bins that you see at the doctors office  to make you feel like they are disposing them safely  well they end up in the landfill with the rest of the garbage I used to see hundreds of needles  laying on the equipment  I was working on. I'm with dolf get a coffee can fill it up then tape It up the. Throw it away with your garbage that's where they gonna end up  ne way 

M

Mister A

+1 someguy I was wondering what to do with mine. Got a gallon zip lock full of capped pins. Ill tape the bag up like then put it in the coffee can and tape that up like its going to the moon. After hearing what outlaw said we can probably do a better job of disposal than the clinics can.

wyatt

My wife works at hospital. She brings me needles home. She will draw it up and pin me. These neeedles are made so that once she pins me and the plunger is depressed all the way, the needle shoots back up inside the neck of the syringe. Don't have to worry about exposed needles or pulling needles back out of me.  Its pretty neat. 

Dolf

I recently saw those when I got my flu shot. I leave the pin in for a bit before withdrawal to give the oil a chance to disburse so that it doesnt leak out the hole or go sub q.

wyatt

My wife will rub the pin site for a while. Never had any leak back out and never had any knots but your point on sub q is interesting.  Are there any signs to know if its sub q??

Dolf

Your skin around the injection site will get red and warm to the touch. I've had it as much as 6 to 8 inches from the injection site.

JdDaniel01

Under the skin, above the muscle, and anywhere in between. Technically it means just under the skin.. unless one of these crazy fockers around here is able to get down to 0% bf, then yeah it'll be in the blubber, lol!

F

Frankie-knuckels

Great Thread because I was disposing of them in a pretty much irresponsible way although I did remove and cap the needles I was just throwing  them in the regular garbage.. I be sure to be much more responsible disposing of them now thanks for the thread gentleman..

N

NolinC

With most needles I've seen: cap the needle and take it off the syringe, than smack the back of the needle with a small object. That will force the needle down into the cap and make for safer disposal.

Mleblanc

I use. Gallon milk jug. My pins come with a snap capyou push with your finger and my draw needles i recap and drop in the milk jug with the wraps. It kinds of helps keep the rattling down.  Once its full i tape it up And put in a bag then throw in the trash bin.