Short Cycles

Chazzycharlie

Been hearing a lot lately about the benefits of short cycles... ( easier recovery, shorter off time, steady gains) is there anybody that has long term experience with short term on/off cycles (6 weeks or less) and what are the results like long term. Having only done 3 cycles (4,6,12 weeks) I can't workout what's the best to follow in terms of safety:gains ratio.

A

Axle

what a short cycle that you are talking about would consist of  CC.  I am curious.   I don't see how it could progress you more because at the end of the year you would still have the same time on and off just shorter periods of time. I feel it would but your body through the ringer with levels constantly going up and down.

Chazzycharlie

I typically go with 100mg eod test prop and var as this works well for me, this cycle I'm looking to do 100mg eod test prop and 100mg eod NPP and 40mg of dbol for 6 weeks, the point I've heard most people make is that yes, you will be on for the same amount of time over a year but you can recover easier and aren't as heavily suppressed.... One of the cons is (as you mentioned) the constant up and downs of coming off and going on, I'm just trying to weigh it up, I read somewhere also that a well known pro cycles 4 weeks on 4 weeks off year round although I don't know how true that is.

Dolf

I've heard of 5 on and 5 off or 8 on and 4 off shorty's. Give it a go and see how you like it.

3rd_levelup

Most short cycles are considered blasts bro and most blast then cruise. Also know as shorts because of the small half life of the juices ran. I will run a blast for eight weeks with high dosages. Then drop down for cruise. Shorts are most beneficial to those who cruise but others will run them for different reasons too like a quick cutter. 

If I was not on trt cruise I would probable stick to long steady juices and skip the constant poking week after week that exists are with shorts. The decision to run shorts depends on your goal. I have seen some put on some decent mass with a short but not anything like long deca or EQ cycle. 

bufbiker

I think staying on for extended periods gives better gains, builds more mature muscle, and you keep the greater majority of your gains.

bigtoe

Big fan of short runs/blasts 6 - 8 weeks, i believe its person dependant too though. I liked the quick recovery and keeping more gains after a short run rather than the longer recovery and more loss of gains. Love prop/npp or prop/var cycles, touching 40 now so decided to run Eq and then start cruising, not wanting to go back to lower range test levels again. So its new teritory for me with blasting and cruising from now on