Side effects low dose T. Tips?

timberpja

Hello guys. I have a situation and I hope you can help me or give me tips. I started using testosterone (first contact with eas) 4 months ago. I started with sust (250mg/week) and I felt great on the first 6 weeks (weight gain (11lbs) / drive / high libido) and then I started to feel some side effects. From the 6th/7th week on I started to feel headaches, tiredness, blurred vision on the next two days after the test shot that would improve within the next days. I lowered the dose and I felt better but instantly I lost weight and size. I tried to change to enanthate, and increase the frequency injection but I could never reach to that same dose again (just 250mg week) because I would feel all the side effects I listed above. Do you think it could be related to estrogen? I never felt sensitivity on my nipples, none at all. Do you think I should keep the test dose very low and add another compound? What do you guys think? Thank you. By the way, I'm 30 and my weight is 81kg, 12% bf.

suppsforlife

Hello, that's very common for side effects to appear starting at week 6 of using testosterone. First and foremost, you should have checked your levels before starting with Testosterone so you would know what to expect and how it all works for you.
Do you think it could be related to estrogen?
yes, it could be. high estrogen symptoms aren't only about nipple sensitivity (gynecomastia), there are lots of other symptoms like erectile dysfunction, and some of those that you mentioned like headaches, tiredness, and others. I would recommend you to go now and have your numbers checked. estrogens, testosterone, etc.
anyway, have you used any anti estrogens so far?

IronDaddy

supps is right, go for a test - it would be much easier and you'll get a much better picture!

timberpja

Hello, that's very common for side effects to appear starting at week 6 of using testosterone. First and foremost, you should have checked your levels before starting with Testosterone so you would know what to expect and how it all works for you.

yes, it could be. high estrogen symptoms aren't only about nipple sensitivity (gynecomastia), there are lots of other symptoms like erectile dysfunction, and some of those that you mentioned like headaches, tiredness, and others. I would recommend you to go now and have your numbers checked. estrogens, testosterone, etc.
anyway, have you used any anti estrogens so far?
No, never used any AI. I thought I just might need an AI if I started to feel sensitivity on my nipples and I never felt that. I also feel some dizziness after the shot that disappear in 2 days or so. But if my estrogen would be high it wouldn't be high all the time? Just after the shot? It could be due to the test/e2 peak?

suppsforlife

If I would be you, I would go for a test. Checking your numbers would greatly help. Share them here and we can work it up if you wish. You may try taking one full Arimidex/ Aromasin tablet a day for 1-3 days and see how you feel. But that's a risk in case your estrogen isn't really high. Yet, it does sound like it's high.

EMachine

Supps is right!

Also, I would recommend you check your Blood Pressure. Dizziness is not really common unless your BP is too high or too low. I've been on TRT for over 20 years and your symptoms are common after 6 weeks. My doctor wouldn't give me any AI, so I decided to buy it through a certain source. Here's what I do when I'm just cruising at 200 mg per week of Test Cypionate (mine is called Depo-Testosterone).
1- I divide the 200 mg into two weekly shots of 100 mg
2- I take Proviron (best decision i've made) at 50 mg per day divided into two pills - first thing in the morning and before bed. However, you might want to start with 25 mg and take 12.5 mg twice per day and see how you feel after 3 days, and adjust accordingly.
3- I also take .5 mg of arimidex when I shot the test...so .5 mg twice per week. This keeps my test levels, estrogen levels fairly stable, and my libido goes back to normal or slightly above normal.
4- Every 3 months, I take a blood test to check testosterone levels, estrogen, estradiol, PSA (prostate) and check my blood pressure daily or every 2-3 days depending.

I am sensitive to estrogen and after starting this protocol have found that it works well for me. I have to emphasize that this is what I do. I'm not a doctor or in the medical profession, and I'm only sharing what I do. It took me YEARS to get this shit right. It can be extremely frustrating when you're taking test and not reaping the desired results.

Finally, I don't like Sustanon 250! It's not stable and it's difficult to keep things leveled/normal. I have found that it raised my estrogen levels more than cypionate or enanthate. Try shooting twice per week, like Monday and Thursday and see how you feel. Hope this helps. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

timberpja

Supps is right!

Also, I would recommend you check your Blood Pressure. Dizziness is not really common unless your BP is too high or too low. I've been on TRT for over 20 years and your symptoms are common after 6 weeks. My doctor wouldn't give me any AI, so I decided to buy it through a certain source. Here's what I do when I'm just cruising at 200 mg per week of Test Cypionate (mine is called Depo-Testosterone).
1- I divide the 200 mg into two weekly shots of 100 mg
2- I take Proviron (best decision i've made) at 50 mg per day divided into two pills - first thing in the morning and before bed. However, you might want to start with 25 mg and take 12.5 mg twice per day and see how you feel after 3 days, and adjust accordingly.
3- I also take .5 mg of arimidex when I shot the test...so .5 mg twice per week. This keeps my test levels, estrogen levels fairly stable, and my libido goes back to normal or slightly above normal.
4- Every 3 months, I take a blood test to check testosterone levels, estrogen, estradiol, PSA (prostate) and check my blood pressure daily or every 2-3 days depending.

I am sensitive to estrogen and after starting this protocol have found that it works well for me. I have to emphasize that this is what I do. I'm not a doctor or in the medical profession, and I'm only sharing what I do. It took me YEARS to get this shit right. It can be extremely frustrating when you're taking test and not reaping the desired results.

Finally, I don't like Sustanon 250! It's not stable and it's difficult to keep things leveled/normal. I have found that it raised my estrogen levels more than cypionate or enanthate. Try shooting twice per week, like Monday and Thursday and see how you feel. Hope this helps. Good luck and welcome to the forum.
Thanks a lot for the complete answer. One more thing... Why proviron? Does it lower estrogen or just to raise free testosterone?

EMachine

You're welcome! Without getting too technical, essentially, proviron helps to enhance the testosterone effect. Proviron is prescribed to men struggling with hypogonadism. In addition, increases muscle hardness and density, and decreases side effects of steroids when taken together.

One of the ways that it can increase testosterone is by binding to sex hormone binding globulin, or SHBG. This substance floats around in the bloodstream and picks up excess hormones, such as testosterone. By binding to SHBG, proviron (mesterolone) is able to help increase the amount of testosterone available in the body. Proviron also inhibits aromatase, an enzyme that causes testosterone to convert into estrogen. By preventing this, it can help ensure that there is even more free testosterone floating around.

timberpja

You're welcome! Without getting too technical, essentially, proviron helps to enhance the testosterone effect. Proviron is prescribed to men struggling with hypogonadism. In addition, increases muscle hardness and density, and decreases side effects of steroids when taken together.

One of the ways that it can increase testosterone is by binding to sex hormone binding globulin, or SHBG. This substance floats around in the bloodstream and picks up excess hormones, such as testosterone. By binding to SHBG, proviron (mesterolone) is able to help increase the amount of testosterone available in the body. Proviron also inhibits aromatase, an enzyme that causes testosterone to convert into estrogen. By preventing this, it can help ensure that there is even more free testosterone floating around.
What about acne? After the test shot I get some pimples on my back that disappear with time until next shot. It could be derived to high dht or from estrogen too?

suppsforlife

acne doesn't have anything to do with estrogen, that's likely from high DHT (or really unbalanced hormones). Usually, there's nothing you can do about it. Simply use anti-acne solutions like soaps etc. There's is also isotretinoin for serious acne problems or finasteride for blocking DHT conversion. But I wouldn't recommend either one due to their harsh side effects. BTW, usually, acne disappears after you stop the use of Testosterone.

EMachine

Some people are more susceptible to certain hormones, and unfortunately, acne is one of those undesirable effects. If you are prone for acne, this will accelerate the process…like HGH accelerates cancer…if you have cancer markers. Usually, people take medicine to combat that but it seems to me that it subsides after the shot, right? So, I wouldn’t worry too much, unless it gets bad, and would also try different dosages to see if it made a difference…