Sodium Intake

seymour

Fellow degenerates...I'm curious as to how much your daily sodium intake is coming in at?

I monitor mine each day along with all typical calories, fat, protein, carb and so forth.

Depending on the day I get between 2,750 and 3,500 roughly.

Suggested is much lower than that. But I'm finding it pretty fucking hard when I'm maintaining my calories and macros as needed.

The diet is clean. Chicken, fish, tuna, eggs, protein shake, almonds, avocado, spinach, brocolli, berries, sprouted rolled oats, banana. That's basically it 95% of the time.

bobby ricky

Very nice Seymour, just wanted to say that I don’t know how much salt I take in. Don’t know much about what I take in at all. Lot’s of
Chicken
Rice
Potatoes
Eggs
Tuna
Beef
Vegetables
90 percent of my diet is clean as can be. If l’m bulking I eat more if I’m cutting I eat less. Chocolate is my absolute weakness for sure. I like the scale to either be moving up or down depending on the season. I add salt to nothing I prepare. I do admire your dedication because in the end you will be more dialed in and will also look better.

seymour

Thanks my man! I'm hoping to get some guns like what you got there! Gotta keep the permit on us 🤣

I did forget about the sweet potatoes though. Your post reminded me.

I only really concern myself with the sodium due to effects on blood pressure and overall cardiac system. If memory is correct I want to say nicotine, sodium, and caffeine can raise blood pressure the most.

I know that major sodium intake over many years has detrimental impact on cardiac system for sure.

I usually see suggested at no more than 2,500mg a day which is damn near impossible even when eating clean.

Some docs even suggest lower. However, I do believe that with proper hydration, good diet, and exercise you can get by with a little more.

I'm just like you though as far as bulking and cutting. The foods I eat generally don't ever change aside from a cheat meal every other week. It just comes down to how much I'm eating and the current goal.

Was hoping to see what some other dudes do for that.

If you're ever looking to track things more detailed Bobby you should check out MyFitness Pal. It's free, easy to use, and it works pretty well.

HGH.to

Chocolate is my absolute weakness for sure.
You don't seem like someone having a weakness for chocolate. LOL. More like a hamburger or something.

no more than 2,500mg a day
that's on the most serious cutting phases, perhaps :D
but yeah. I know that's what is recommended and yet, it's almost impossible not to exceed it. haven't tracked mine in a while. should start again

bobby ricky

You don't seem like someone having a weakness for chocolate. LOL. More like a hamburger or something.

that's on the most serious cutting phases, perhaps :D
but yeah. I know that's what is recommended and yet, it's almost impossible not to exceed it. haven't tracked mine in a while. should start again
Hamburgers are my greatest weakness but there’s some good stuff in there. My wife got me addicted to chocolate but don’t believe anything in their benefits me😂

seymour

Mannnn....gummy candy is my weakness. I could smash a bag of gummy worms or sour patch kids. Aint shit good in there lol.

Bob's Burgers?

Superiorg

Fellow degenerates...I'm curious as to how much your daily sodium intake is coming in at?

I monitor mine each day along with all typical calories, fat, protein, carb and so forth.

Depending on the day I get between 2,750 and 3,500 roughly.

Suggested is much lower than that. But I'm finding it pretty fucking hard when I'm maintaining my calories and macros as needed.

The diet is clean. Chicken, fish, tuna, eggs, protein shake, almonds, avocado, spinach, brocolli, berries, sprouted rolled oats, banana. That's basically it 95% of the time.
You actually sweat salt out so what you’re taking in, your body isn’t holding onto, that is if you’re actually working up a sweat. I’ve included a link to an article I found