Something funny

Welderman

I am over here at the gym and saw the funniest thing ever. I'm sure you all know what the weight assisted pull up/dip machine is. For those that don't it works like this. Wherever you set the weight it takes that amount off of you. Example, if you weigh 200 and set the weight assisted at 100 then you actually pulling up or dipping 100. Anyway I just watched a dude that weighed around 150, he was doing pull ups with the weight assisted pin set at 150. So actually he was lifting 0. When he finished his set he looked at me and said "damn that was heavy". It took all that was in me not to burst out laughing. He told me that 300 on that ain't no joke. It was hilarious he thought he was doing 300 instead of 0.

JSom

I am over here at the gym and saw the funniest thing ever. I'm sure you all know what the weight assisted pull up/dip machine is. For those that don't it works like this. Wherever you set the weight it takes that amount off of you. Example, if you weigh 200 and set the weight assisted at 100 then you actually pulling up or dipping 100. Anyway I just watched a dude that weighed around 150, he was doing pull ups with the weight assisted pin set at 150. So actually he was lifting 0. When he finished his set he looked at me and said "damn that was heavy". It took all that was in me not to burst out laughing. He told me that 300 on that ain't no joke. It was hilarious he thought he was doing 300 instead of 0.

On the one hand, this is ridiculous, but on the other, if he has such a level of physical training, then let him do what he can. I have seen different people. Those who have never led an active lifestyle or played sports are very weak. And if you have extra pounds, then it is unrealistic to keep your weight with your hands.

BiggyBill

If the guy was pulling “0 lbs” - was he getting any pressure?? As much as I know, you have to set the machine with at least 10 lbs less than your weight??

JSom

I understand you Jsom, but let's agree, that's actually funny :D plus, the guy at 150 lbs doesn't seem to be overweight.

For some reason I thought about 150 kilograms. In general, no matter how funny it is, if a person has a desire to go to the gym, that's already good. Maybe he just doesn't know how to work with the simulator correctly.

HGH.to

For some reason I thought about 150 kilograms. In general, no matter how funny it is, if a person has a desire to go to the gym, that's already good. Maybe he just doesn't know how to work with the simulator correctly.
exactly what I thought! if a person is in gym (I mean, working out, not spending 1 hour with pics and 2 minutes "working out" that's already good!
and yes, when someone does something wrong - helping the guy would be great!

MONSTRO

That´s why any beginner needs a coach . he can call me