Sore from pin

someguy_78

So what are the tricks, tips to limit soreness from pin? Injections are smooth and painless. I inject slowly so no pain. My glute is sore for a week though! I do Sunday/Wednesday night and alternate sides. 

ramdisck

A lot of it's technique, some of it is gear. you can heat the oil, massage the glute. if you're new at it your ass will adjust and you'll get better technique. With prop I usually cut it with oil. seems to help.

someguy_78

It's Deca and Test E. I keep steady as possible and inject slowly. I'll heat it up next time and maybe my glute too haha. I just don't remember it being sore like this in the past. 

Dolf

Be sure that you're pinning the upper and outer quadrant of your glute. Heat the oil, keep a steady hand with zero movement while the pin is inserted, push the plunger slow and steady, and use a heatpad on it afterwards. Virgin muscle and technique both play a role, but imo technique plays the biggest role. Also taking some motrin will help with the pip.

Dolf

It definitely is. I use the wall to help brace myself on my non injection side, and it helps keep it steady. 

Dolf

Not me. I was having some pip issues with my non dominant hand due to technique issues. Have since got that ironed out though.

SenseiMiagi

Being sore for a week after pin can be due to several different things.  If this is first cycle, and only few weeks into it you may simply having virgin muscle soreness....it will adapt at some point and go away.  

I have had testE300 hurt for several days before as well, so it could be the specific labs percentages, or carrier oil used.  Pinning technique can have an effect, but it sounds like you are in the right spot and shaking while pinning doesnt typically leave weeklong pain.  My guess is the carrier oil is absorbing faster than the hormone at the depot causing crystals being left behind.  This is common, and treatable with heat, ibuprofen.  If it gets too bad, you could always cut the shot with sterile grapeseed oil, but I doubt this is needed with your dosages.

Take note of your injection technique and improve if you need to.  

wyatt

Just a thought but also make sure your glute is loose, as in not flexed when pinning. A good rub down of the injection site afterwards seems to help too. Im pinning same gear at test e 800mgs a week and deca at 600mgs a week monday and Thursday. No soreness here but Im also lucky enough to not have to do it myself. (Thank god)

Not reusing pins are ya???? 

wyatt

Good deal. I feel ya on moving around to much. I do good to hold still when my wife does it for me. But I think its due this crazy ass look in her eyes when she does. And not sure why she's always holding it like a butcher knife.........she's the best

You'll get that technique down. Just think you get to practice it twice a week ha

JoeDuartay

I'm a novice (so take this for what it's worth) and was also having pretty intense pain in the area for a few days after I pin my quad.  For me I've started rolling a barbell over my pin location (called a quad smash) 2x on the day I pin and have minimal pain now.  Maybe jump on a lacrosse ball or foam roller after pinning for the glute.  

Dolf

Quads just require some conditioning to get used to pinning. It can be brutal at first, but stick with it and it'll pay off in the end.