Squats vs leg press

• Thread starter Deleted member 45086
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 45086

I will make this simple. I hate squats and I hate leg press but I hate leg press less 😂. As long as you go deep in your leg presses and leg extensions can you leave the squats out and reap the same benefits. Please say yes or I will definitely unfriend you. 😂

bobby ricky

Lol, because of 2 knee operations from dirt bike vs dune buggy accident I can’t squat. But I can leg press I think that’s why my arms won’t grow. I keep hearing if u want big arms u have to squat.

D

Deleted member 45086

Lol, because of 2 knee operations from dirt bike vs dune buggy accident I can’t squat. But I can leg press I think that’s why my arms won’t grow. I keep hearing if u want big arms u have to squat.
😂. Just out of curiosity, exactly how big do you want your arms to be? I mean I think it's safe to say that you're packing some pretty impressive guns there buddy.

Gainz.

I definitely agree with you, but unfortunately my access to a leg press is once or twice a month if I'm lucky. I have a pretty small... but active home gym. I have a bench, rack, all the weight, dumbbells. Bands and weird accessories to do hundreds and hundreds of different exercises.
But because I spend so much money growing my home gym, I don't have a gym membership. But I do go with my buddy once or twice a month to his commercial gym.
I definitely utilize the leg press while I'm there. So while I love the leg press so much more, I have to squat.
My Favorite part of leg press is you can focus on ham or quads just by changing the placement of your feet.

Gainz.

I've heard that since the very beginning of my workout journey almost 15 years ago. "You can't build a big upper body, without building legs" is their any truth to that... judging by these guys on tick tock and the local mall... I don't know.
But I can only imagine how hard it would be trying to curl 130lbs standing on 2 pencils.
I can say since I started riding a bike to work my legs have never looked better! I finally have that tear drop above my knee, and my hamstring... its defined and shredded. Something I never ever had before

zakco

Because of a back injury I cannot leg press or safely squat over 150. I may be able to get away with it in the short term but sooner or later will pay the price. However I can barbell lunge all day long for glutes and reverse Nordic for quads....so many ways to hit legs. With that being said an old school training method to stay safe in squats was only adding weight once you can do 3x20reps.....which even at #125 can be insane.

Gainz.

Because of a back injury I cannot leg press or safely squat over 150. I may be able to get away with it in the short term but sooner or later will pay the price. However I can barbell lunge all day long for glutes and reverse Nordic for quads....so many ways to hit legs. With that being said an old school training method to stay safe in squats was only adding weight once you can do 3x20reps.....which even at #125 can be insane.
I have-had a back injury too. The cobra stretch saved my life. It's a huge reason why I'm not 137lbs anymore!
But I do low bar squats, they are SOOOO much easier on my back! But while I feel pretty comfortable going heavy (for me) on the leg press, for squats I never really go heavy. I'm a big fan of more reps or sets over more weight! Higher volume not only keeps my growth at a nice steady rate, but keeps injury low. Unless you're getting paid, or entering a contest... I can't see any reason to lift as heavy as possible. Other than ego or bragging rights its not gonna make you grow any faster.
Moderate weight, high volume!