Steroids SHELF LIFE

Dunbar

If your like me and my buddy’s, when we get a good batch of something we buy in bulk and sit on it..

What have others experienced with the degradation of a given substance over time? I’m not sure if we are able to get exact results but sometimes bro science beats all.

Regular expiration dates are usually set for 2-3 years and it’s my understanding that as they age passed their dates the strength degraded. I’ve heard 15-25mg a year. Can anyone else back this up or correct me?

I have a buddy horrible for not using gear before it goes bad. You may have heard me complain about this DBOL in another post. I’ve tried 100mg of 3+ year old DBOL twice and while noticing a ‘hint’ of strength, it is nothing like DBOL I’ve tried in the past. That is why I’m writing this, in hopes of learning. I assume this DBOL degraded significantly as it was tested positive after purchase.

Anyone else have experience reading shelf lives??

Dolf

I'm with you dunbar. I've always heard it's good about a year past expiration date, and then degrades after that. I never let my gear go that far.

blastthru23

I’m not sure if we are able to get exact results but sometimes bro science beats all.

Bro-science is to bodybuilding science as philosophers are to cog-sci. Don't underestimate the Bros!

Anyhow, I could see orals being subjected to degradation since they are exposed to air and light unlike injectables that are obviously suspended in solution. Perhaps if they were vacuum sealed, they would be less likely to be exposed to oxygen, if in fact oxygen is the culprit. Looks like the train is departing for a new rabbit hole to wander down. Gotta love Dunbar, though I'm having a rough time keeping up with his inquisitive mind, and the questions he ponders! I wish I had another week of being unemployed so I could sit at home digging around for answers!

Many chemicals, depending on their stability, often degrade through oxidation, while others will degrade do to temperature and light. Even some chemicals have such a weak stereoisomeric bond that when shaken the bod breaks rendering the chemical ineffective for its intended use.

blastthru23

Going down the rabbit hole, I found a couple of things. First, that testosterone is fairly stable and is mostly affected by light and heat. Second, the oil used is more likely "break down" before the hormone will. Third, the use of BA is used as the preservative to mitigate break down. I read further that some compounding pharmacies will leave the BA out of the compound to shorten the shelf life (I am assuming the shelf life of the oil, not the hormone).

Digging a little bit deeper, I got lost in a pubmed article... Damn. But all I can say is keep your vials in a cool dark place, and perhaps ask your supplier to use brown bottles instead of clear bottles if you are going to stockpile.

ramdisck

i've had some as long as 3 years. worked fine. i get some of the long esters in the old safe sometimes a little too long. It's hard not to when planning a cycle ahead. cool fireproof safe and never an issue.

Dolf

Nice to see ya ram! I keep mine in a fire proof safety lock box. Cool dark places are the best place to store gear imo

siegmund

I also keep mine locked in a safe I have compounds mostly ten a and test prop that imo are working fine and all is years old i don't think I got a ok last year,on that matter. . But I'm I n agree that cool dry darknplace

Zewi

Your good if you keep it in a nice area, no light and stable condition. Like your medicine cabinet or your sock drawer. If you do that your good for about 3 years. So about 2 years past the EXP date, anything after that is still good, the rate that Test diminishes is not like a pill where it evaporates from a pill with light moisture etc. It would not surprise me if you had gear that you order this year and are using it in 2023 and still getting the same benfits. The diminishing effect is all based on how you store it. Now this is saying it's a new bottle. However, your biggest concern is not the test going bad it's the rubber handle so make sure your stacking it upwards don let the oil sit on the rubber it will over time break down.

ramdisck

Heya Blast and Dolf. life's been a little hectic. in the middle of unemployment. hoping to be at the end of it, but Im still around. Just not as active as before.