Super Starch

SemperFi

Super Starch is something I have been interested in and researching for about 6-8 months. I now have a opportunity to put it to use and will be great to add to my ketonic diet. Without going into a long winded explanation why super starch would be beneficial in a state of ketosis and/or in any state and how it "reportedly" helps us maintain access to our fat stored energy here is a video to better understand how it works. 

Pretty enlightening in regards to how our body burns and accesses energy. It is long and could be more information then many would want but I am certain someone will find it worthwhile to watch.

It is not a Youtube video so I cannot embed it so please visit;

vimeo.com/51891286

Limited research and published use makes this a personal experiment. 

SEMPER FI

swolesam

i'm 3 minutes in & im loving it! 

I was just researching sodium & Potassium balance yesterday 'cause of some bloating i'm getting with Ipamorelin. Seems like this is on the same topic or better yet touchs the same science.  Great minds think alike my brother ;)

SemperFi

I have been using it for 4 days now pre and post workout. I have a pretty good handle on how my body reacts while on a modified ketonic diet so I will make my assessment on the product in 30-45 days.

It is expensive in comparison but if it has the claimed benefits then I would not hesitate to continue investing in it.

SEMPER FI

swolesam

SemperFi - Are you using Urine Analysis Ketone sticks ? I havent used them yet, but sounds promising & inexpensive as hell. $10 for 100 sticks on amazon!

SemperFi

I am!!!

I was turned onto them a few years back when I had a friend who was diabetic. I buy ZAEL on amazon.

SEMPER FI

swolesam

awesomeness!!

Didnt know bout the ZAEL brand. Its actually a better deal, 120 strips for ~ $8.80 , free shipping amazon prime. Dont get no better than that! 

Rock on

jdw330

I use UCAN for pre-workout.  Granted, I am a distance runner but I think the benefits are common to anyone who want a slow release supplement.  Currently, I use the suggested serving about 45-minutes before a workout or run.  This is for runs around 90+ minutes.  Anything shorter I don't really use or have a need for it. For me, I found energy dips during competition/workouts.  Normally I would turn to a energy gel and/or drink.  The sugar began to bother me, particularly as I modified my diet to eliminate processed food/sugar.  

With UCAN, I do not get the dips in energy.  It's gentle on the stomach, and it tastes fine given its a prework mix.  I have orange flavor.  Some of my friends purchase the plain mix and add a NUUN tabulet both for flavor and added electrolytes. 

SemperFi

I definitely notice a difference in muscle fatigue or I am being fooled by the placebo effect. I assume the natural creatine burst is being supplemented and/or replaced with a solid aerobic energy source.

Time will tell.

SEMPER FI

SemperFi

SuperStrach does lower my ketones output based on dipsticks but I have only fell into the negative range 1 day. 4-5 hours after taking a serving of UCAN I fall back into the low positive range and 12 hours to hit the mid positive range which is where I want to try and be at least 16-20 hours out of the day.

I am taking one serving pre-workout and none post workout. I will experiment in a few weeks taking one serving post workout which will increase my total daily carb intake by 25% but I will be increasing my energy output by at least 25% as well.

The faster I can burn my glycogen stores from the UCAN the faster I can get back into a ketonic state. Fortunately I have a very active job so I burn a lot of energy which helps me remain in a ketonic state when I am not at the gym.

SEMPER FI

SemperFi

Quick update-

Still on a single serving of UCAN pre-workout. Energy levels appear to remain moderate for entire workout. I am adjusting my macros on the weekend to replenish my muscle stored glycogen but keeping calories in a consistent 2300-2500 range. Since my previous update I have not fallen out of ketosis. 

I am still not certain that the benefits out weigh the cost on the UCAN but it appears to be an effective traditional pre-workout carb replacement. It certainly is easily adapted to ketonic, CDK or low carb diet from my perspective. 

SEMPER FI

JARHEAD2

212 years ago today, 1804, the first formal Marine Corps uniform was approved by the secretary of the Navy!

Ooh Rah 

R

ruxgear

I have used UCAN before for longer durations of endurance training. It does provide much needed energy, at least for me, when training several hours at a time.

It sucks ass running out of energy before you have completed a circuit but UCAN does help maintain a more consistent energy level without the initial spike like other forms pre-workout supplements.