Supplements you might not know you should take!

Zewi

Let’s start with amino acids, there are two types of amino acids: essential and non-essential. 'Essential' amino acids can't be synthesized by your body, so they have to come via food

BCAAS: which is a branched-chain amino acid containing leucine, isoleucine and valine. These amino acids cannot be synthesized meaning it has to come from food.  

--Leucine: is an activator of mTOR (mammalian target of rapamycin—is a protein that regulates cell growth, cell motility, PROTEIN synthesis just to name a few) which means its the only dietary ammino acid that can directly stimulate protein synthesis.  

--Isoleucine: helps the body perform catabolism (the breakdown of molecules into smaller unites to help release energy and to help with other Anabolic Reactions)---best foods are eggs, chicken, soy protein

--Valine: this is the amino is close to Leucine however, it is mostly an amino acid that gets added to BCAAS, it’s like that one team mate, he is there helps out but doesn’t have the same effect as Leucine and Isoleucine in the body and on muscle fibers and receptors.

L-GLUTAMINE--- comprises up to 60 percent of free-from amino acids circulating in muscle tissue and is critical for muscle recovery

L-Tyrosine: this amino acid helps promote thyroid and pituitary function( great to have during PCT also because of clomid—clomid blocks estrogen at the pituitary) it is also great on mood and how your body reacts to stress.

L-Ornithine: Helps reduce fatigue in the muscles, it also helps the body clear excess nitrogen.

L-Arginine : Helps with kidney function, improve the sex (again great for PCT in case you have trouble) it also helps reduce blood pressure (why it’s great  during cycles and off)

These are just a few Amino acids that have effects on your body they do even more than what I listed, like help the immune system, heal your body, help with memory or heart issues. There are a lot of amino acids you all should invest your time studying these are just my favorite.  There are plenty of BCAAS out there all are good as long as they have the 3 I listed. The rest you find in stores.

Here are some other things you should be taking on and even off cycle.

Fish oil: @ 900mg a Day will Reduce inflammation of the Joints, lower body fat and increase testosterone levels.

Vitamin E : vitamin E supplements or changing your diet to incorporate foods rich in vitamin E, like sunflower seeds, nuts, turnip greens and tomatoes, can help improve the quality of your sperm. Both in Sperm Motility and Sperm Count---400 mg of vitamin E in conjunction with 225 mcg of selenium(you can buy) in studies have shown improvements in sperm motility. Also has an effect on your overall cardiovascular system, and your immune system.

Vitamin C: Is just an overall awesome sup, it has so many effects on your body you really can’t go without it.. Also taking 3,000mg a VITC split 3x per day. So 1,000morn 1,000midday 1,000bedtime--it will strengthen the collagen strands inside the muscle stretching the fascia so as to hold water INSIDE the muscle and not allow it to seep. Giving you a more vascularity look

Vitamin D: helps muscle fibers to develop and grow normally, and it affects the size and number of fast-twitch muscle fibers.( Vitamin D increases muscle strength and increase in the size and number of Type II (fast-twitch) muscle fibers--fast twitch type2 muscle fibers are predominantly responsible for muscle growth. )

Fun Fact:

Taking a cold shower before workout helps the body produce brown fat, which is used to burn energy. Having a higher amount of brown fat in the body means that you will be able to burn more calories per second, allowing you to lose more weight. This can increase the function of your metabolism.

F

Frankie-knuckels

keep posts like these coming we can all benefit from them...

R

ruxgear

One that is easy to overlook but is well worth mentioning is magnesium. If you do not know how important this mineral is for a healthy body a simple google search will be very revealing.

Ohlineman

great post I try to eat as well as I can all the time   I often forget if I am gletting enough bcaa's because I'm so concerned with getting enough protein and the brown fat? Honestly I have never heard of it.   In 2 weeks I'm back to the 5 am workouts inst of the 4pm workouts I'll have to give it a try.  Great post thanks 

swolesam

Zewi - Great post.

Im actually on all that, but i just purchased Leucine to supplement in excess to my protein shakes & BCAA shakes. I can already see difference in muscle hardness in 2 weeks!! awesome!

Keep these posts coming folks!!