Tall Guy Problems?

Dolf

Are you 6ft or taller? Read this...

https://www.t-nation.com/training/how-tall-guys-get-jacked?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=article2530

Big Nasty

Pretty neat perspective. He recommends lower reps in the article and of course I just upped my reps in the high range!! Although I've been doing low reps for years so Im confident changing it up will prove successful as it a new stimulus for me. Good info as well on lifting techniques and preventing injury for we tall dudes. 

Dolf

I know we have a few tall guys here, and figured this would help someone. Also read another article for tall guys squating. Because of the further travel we have making for more time under tension vs a shorter guy he recommended longer rest periods between sets since we expend so much more energy vs a shorter guy squating the same amount.

I

icdeadlifters

Dolf said:
</p><p>Are you 6ft or taller? Read this...</p><p>https://www.t-nation.com/training/how-tall-guys-get-jacked?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=article2530</p><p>
. </p><p> </p><p>Nice for us big boys</p>

Dolf

You're naturally a big boy, but a lot of us tall guys struggle to look huge. At 220lbs I'm not lite in the ass, but look skinny in my eyes. 

TKC432

Nice.  As a 6'5" guy I can understand some of the 'tall guy' issues.  Adapt and overcome.  I can deadlift just fine but squats just don't work for me....no excuse to sacrifice lower body growth ... I manage just fine with leg press, hack squat machine, and the power squat machine at my gym.  Every now and then I toss in some front squats but quickly remember why I don't focus on squats.  My leg development hasn't suffered at all ....  Good read   thanks for posting it up for us tall guys. 

SenseiMiagi

Haha, ah yes the tall frame conundrum.  It was always frustrating to see short stacks swell up so quickly...but if youre able to slap some beef on the tall frame it looks so intimidating.  Ive been battling with my legs ever since college.  Even when I was weighing 300 in college, I was a bit top heavy lol.

Dont fret my tall brothers....doesnt matter how thick anf massive the shorties get, we will always be able to look down at them!  :)

M

Mister A

"That guy is only 5'4", but he's got a nice build." - No Girl Ever.

SemperFi

[[{"fid":"33311","view_mode":"default","fields":{"format":"default"},"type":"media","attributes":{"alt":"Small guy knocks out bully twice his size and walks off like a Boss","class":"media-element file-default"},"link_text":null}]]