TBI and low T

Deviator

A few days  ago listening to Joe Rogan's podcast the topic of low testosterone and hormones being linked to traumatic brain injury.  I did alittle more looking it to it and found a few good articles like 

http://www.warriorsoulfitness.com/blogs/warrior-soul-fitness-blog/100376135-is-low-testosterone-enhancing-the-effects-of-ptsd-and-tbi

Does anyone have any experience with using the VA for testing and treatment. 

SemperFi

I do not personally but I do have several vets I know that get trt from the local VA. It is basic at best and not something I recommend. Maybe your local VA hospital is better with a more inclusive protocol.

+2 for posting the information.

SEMPER FI

Deviator

I am always hesitant to use the VA for medical issues, it took over a year to get my ID. With the amount of veterans returning with TBI and PTSD checking hormone levels and addressing any issues there seems like a better option to me. But I guess it much easier to hand out SSRI

SemperFi

You are 100% correct. Messing with serotonin activity scares the shit out of me and I have always refused participation in SSRI use.

SEMPER FI

ESmetalhead

This is the exactly podcast that got me searching and here to MG. 

Joe's been on TRT for about 10 years now I think.  He is the one that got me thinking about a.a.s again.  Rogan's podcast is excellent

JdDaniel01

Tren, Test and mental health meds is a hell of a ride! I'm coming off of 12 weeks of 50tren ed/250 test twice per week and it was a fucking blast. I take a shit ton of wacko pills too. The two CAN definitely be "compatible" but I highly reccomend having a grasp on where the meds are before adding ANYTHING besides test into the mix. If you're talking about just trt levels of test, in my personal experience the risk is being minimized as much as possible. If in the middle of any type of transition period medicinally, I highly reccomend waiting until the waters are calm before adding in ANY anabolics. I personally find reasonable levels of gear to be a very calming experience mentally. Always available to answer any questions...

Deviator

the only issue I have had with Joe is how little he mentions his TRT. Not a huge deal but when he is pushing his supplements it makes me think less of him. 

ESmetalhead

I'm not proud to say it but I've been taking an SSRI for about 7 years, I would say I am addicted.   I also think I was just born with less serotonin or whatever that the average person. Ive just been a bit more withdrawn and melancholy than most people all my life.    It works though and I have no side effects and I am by no means emotionless or happy all the time but I just dont like to be dependent on anything.  I've lowered my dose and tried to lower it again twice and I just spend  the following months in a darker cloud.  So on it I stay so far. 

With what your talking about CBD might be of help.  I spoke with a couple vets over a beer a couple weeks ago and at least one is finding relief with CBD.  I dont know much about it, I am curious though.  You come across people that think marijuana is a cure-all but I think there are real ways in which Marry Jane can benefit people.    CBD It will not make you "high"  I just grabbed this from youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZihJxD1UQQ

B

Burrr

Joe did a podcast with Dr Kelly Brogan about a week ago, fascinating talk about the pharma industy doing more harm than good with their benzos and antidepressants

https://youtu.be/cunSB69gaec.

strong

I took SSRI's for a year. It did help me get a grasp and realize I could figure out the depression/ anxiety without a pill. I do smoke Marijuana. it calms my thoughts before bed. I used to smoke to try to mask my misery and it worked but we have to be realistic. I now only smoke late at night before bed. I have not really smoked in a few weeks because I don't need the late night munchies and I'm not sleeping well and just have more anxiety. I am in favor of pot use for myself...   Dr. Sanjay Gupta has been around a while and is no quack..

Deviator

Funny you brought up CBD I have been fighting some elbow pain and found the only thing that relieves it is a CBD rub. Cannabis seems like it could be a viable alternative for anxiety and pain over opioids and SSRI but isn't worth the current legal headaches or work place drug test. 

ESmetalhead

Opioids are the worst drug problem in America now and we have pharma to thank for that.   I looked a little more in to CBD and found this guy saying it only worked for a while then it lost effectiveness https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpkO2Wj2Ob0