Tennis elbow

someguy_78

I believe I have tennis elbow. I've never had it before. It's been going on for 3 months now and I can't do any upper body lifting because the pain. I need to get back in the gym and I'm planning next cycle for October. Anyone battle this? Cure? 

SemperFi

Osteo Bi-Flex Triple Strength. It was recommended to me by Dolf. It does not provide immediate relief but with consistent use it was a life saver.

SEMPER FI

SemperFi

You bet. If in fact you have tennis elbow it takes a long time to heal. Make adjustments to your training as needed and do not over stress the tendons and ligaments. I still have flareups but they are tolerable with the addition of Osteo.

Oh crap.... forgot... Find a high quality cold water fish oil also. I get mine at Costco.

SEMPER FI

Dolf

Tumeric is also good to add to the osteo biflex.

Also get you a good quality tennis elbow bracelet. Wear it at all times except when you sleep. Wearing it while sleeping can cause nerve damage. The bracelet will change the angle at which your tendon pulls therefore relieving the pain somewhat. 

You can go to your doc and get anti inflammatory steroid shots put right in the sore area. Putting the steroid right on the inflamed area helps it heal better than oral steroids.

It takes a long time to heal, so be patient. 

Big Nasty

Agree with all the above. Plus go light weight high reps for a while. I nearly destroyed my elbows going extremely heavy in bicep curls, hammer curls. Add in heavy everything compound exercise and I was a mess for a while. It will heal but most likely will never be 100%. Ive learned to work around it and train differently each time it starts to flare up. Compression elbow sleeves are a must when training and as Dolf stated the bracelet is golden. 

Dolf

BN I read an article that said the lactic acid from high reps is therapeutic to tendons. I also now use a compression sleeve that also has the raised tennis elbow bracelet pads built into it. Great info brotha! +3

SemperFi

+2 A compression sleeve is a great option as well. I did not seem to get much relief from the bracelet. I think I found it intrusive more than anything and did not give it a chance from the start. ;)

SEMPER FI

strong

I have to echo what the 3 men above me said. I never used a compression sleeve. I use Glucosimine & chondroitin with MSM. I also use Turmeric w/ Curcumin. I have not had problems for 2 years now. IMO, Stay away from Preacher curls. They always hurt me. I did have a flare up 2 weeks ago. I simply took off the weekend and did a few light workouts. For me, Massaging the areas tendons and muscle around helps alleviate pain.  Professional ice packs with straps work great as well. (Compression ice)

Big Nasty

Thanks Dolf, I do believe higher reps for a while now helped me greatly. Im nearly 100% and back to both heavy and high rep lifitng with minimal issues. 

Big Nasty

Yeah I can't lift with the bracelet, however I wear it throughout the day when shit flares up and it helps greatly to relive the spasms, pain and tension. I use the compression sleeves with lifting. 

Big Nasty

Strong Ive been reading a lot of benefits about Tumeric lately and about to add it to the regiment. Its expensive as hell in my area though for whatever reason. 

jasonking92

If you do not like turmeric Paprika has some good health benefits

rich in antioxidants, decreases inflammation, aides in treatment for autoimmune conditions, may help treat and prevent cancer, treatment of diabetes, good for eyes, keeps heart strong, helps reduce high blood pressure, 

https://draxe.com/paprika/

Dolf

My spice rack always had paprika in it. I love it, and it's good to see the great benefits it provides. 

jasonking92

same here I add approx 3 tea spoons of smoked paprika and a spoon of flaked hot peppers to a tin of beans every day tastes great and a great source of protein for very little money plus its great for digestive system.

milkin

All great ideas but if it continues to give you discomfort I would go to a sport doc for a cortisone shot. This is why I say this. Several years back I had impingement in my shoulder and I swear it was a partially torn rotator. I went to several doctors plenty of MRI's in a bushel full of supplements trying to ease the pain. I wouldn't really call it pain it was like a dull annoying feeling but I couldn't lift my elbow horizontal to the floor. And lifting? Forget about it I found myself the zumba section with the cute little chrome-colored 2.5 pound dumbbells trying to do flys. Finally I went to a sports doctor and he stuck a big old needle the cortisone right into my shoulder socket. I'll tell you what within two days I felt almost zero discomfort.

My lesson learned was  I kept trying to either work through it or pamper it but I was still using it and I never got time to heal.

J

Jeromes

magnetic elbow sleeve cure me of mine and the guy who told me about them I laughed but I was in so much pain I figured what the hell and wishing 2 weeks the pain subsided and nothing was changed except the addition of the sleeve 

Dolf

Never heard of magnetic sleeves. Gonna check them out. I know mine got so bad I couldn't shake hands, turn a door knob, or wring out a rag.