The Basics of Ordering Bloodwork

B

Burrr

be sure to read the fine print when ordering from a site that uses labcorp, many of their test methods cap you at 1500 ng/dl

SharonKY

I love this information.  Excuse me for being so green, but couldnt you just go to your family doctor and ask for these tests to be done so it could be covered by insurance?

Also, what would someone completing their first cycle of var need to check?  Help appreciated! :)

SemperFi

It is a privacy issue in many cases. Many members are not comfortable and would prefer to not keep their physician in the loop concerning the use of controlled substances.

Concerning female blood work send a shout out to Calm. I would think in your special situation that a full female hormone panel would be in order but I might be over reaching.

SEMPER FI

B

Burrr

SharonKY said:
</p><p>I love this information.  Excuse me for being so green, but couldnt you just go to your family doctor and ask for these tests to be done so it could be covered by insurance?</p><p>Also, what would someone completing their first cycle of var need to check?  Help appreciated! :)</p><p>
Sharon, for most things you would have tested while not on steroids you could go through your regular Dr. </p><p>For blood tests while done on cycle that will show your are currently taking steroids you'll want to do those in private.</p><p>Also, for guys that get bloods done before during and after every cycle you cant expect your DR to order these up time after time w/o figuring something weird is going on. </p><p>If you are getting close to menopause it's a good idea to have your Doc, or a HRT clinic check all of your hormones but wait till the var is out of your system. My wife is on HRT with a great clinic, hit me up with any questions you might have, I pay attention at her doctor visits </p><p> </p>

B

Burrr

Here is the reason I dont talk to my doctor about steroid use, I have a couple of Dr fiends that are not my GP that I can bounce questions off of.

Scary Stuff!!!!

https://patientprivacyrights.org/basic-health-privacy-faqs/

SharonKY

Thank you for the information on everything.  I understand clearly what I need to get taken care of and how to accomplish that. 

Appreciate you sharing your vast knowledge!

ohdan0030

Man I'm glad I found this post on here I ordered it a few minutes ago and I'm stoked to get a accurate reading before I go on cycle this week  this will be my second cycle cummin up I'm so thankful to have this site for help and learning 

Big Nasty

Also dont forget when you order your test insure you get the LC/MS version for your testosterone level. Otherwise the lab work will only give you  a > 1200 reading and you will not know your exact test level while on cycle. 

Big Nasty

Trying to attach a jpeg doc or bloodwork and TRT MGT but can figure out how to imbed in this comments column. Maybe its not allowed. 

Big Nasty

[[{"fid":"33608","view_mode":"wysiwyg","fields":{"format":"wysiwyg","field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]":"","field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]":""},"type":"media","attributes":{"height":"280","width":"280","class":"media-element file-wysiwyg"},"link_text":null}]]

Big Nasty

Just caught this Burr over a year later and replied later in this forum. If you get the LC/MS version with Labcorp they will give exact test level. 

ducatidave

What test do I get for lGF-1 levels? How often should I check it and what are the preferred levels for human growth hormone?

Thanks Burrr