The Top Rated Sources

B

Burrr

After a little PM chat with a noob to steroids and new member to our board, it became apparent to me that the rating system may be flawed.

The noob was ready to pull the trigger on an order from top rated source, simply because of the number they were rated.

After suggesting to the noob that he check for current reviews from current members, I checked out that top rated src. Most of the votes are from members that have not posted much at all, and seem to make an account just to leave a review. 

I also saw a src on another brd, with the same rating system do a gear giveaway promo. Any member with xx karma could get a couple of free vials, no strings attached. Many of those members pinned that prop, and quickly left stellar reviews for that src. The volume of good reviews moved that src right to the top of the list. 

Has anyone been brain storming of new ways to rate our sources? Should a src with 40 great reviews really rate so much higher than the src with 10 great reviews? 5 stars is 5 stars, right?

Perhaps they could be lumped together in star categories, 5 star, 4 star, etc etc with no emphasis on the sales volume.

We really do have some great src's here, just thinking they should all share the spotlight if they are 5 star sources.

Cheers,

Burrr

Outlawthing

i do agree there are some good sources that are not necessarily at the top  but that is the nature of the beast. If you are active and keep up with current events here you will know a good source no matter where they are at  in the rankings  

A

AnabolicPerformance

How bout something like the higher karma guys carry more weight on a review? Karma directly tracks the activity, well at least useful activity anyway. Maybe throw in a check on last login on login frequency if you wanted higher karma and higher login frequency or length of logged in time or something to carry more weight than a high karma guy who isnt on hardly any. Basically more activity means your review counts more.

csancheezy

it is a good thing that people actually have to watch current events around here and see who active members are that are making reviews, and see where guys are leaving comments on SI pages about how much they like the gear..You see I say that because I don't really like the idea of someone signing on here picking a source getting gear and then never contributing whatsoever. Call me what you will, but I think this site is more than just "Stop on buy and get you some roids", I   almost don't feel bad if someone signs on here for one day, picks some source and then gets burned because of this reason-  I mean who the hell trusts the first thing they read on the internet without going more in depth and taking time to study and be confident with where they are sending a wad of cash?? Should that person be injecting stuff into there body if they are gonna make a call like that?.. Now Burr I am not talking about your friend specifically, I am simply using strong examples to make my point. This site is about more than getting juice, its about the lifestyle and the brotherhood.  

SenseiMiagi

It would be great if a system could be created to eliminate the scams, and deception.  However this is a market based on money, so greed will always find a way inside.  Karma is a good start, however we have seen Karma easily manipulated on other boards.  Hate to be a "glass half empty" guy, but peoples greed taint everything good eventually.

This is a big step, but maybe only allowing access to source pages once a member reaches a certain Karma, or is approved?  Doesnt fix anything, but maybe slow down the ridiculousness that some boards go through.

In the end, there is an element of "buyer beware".  Honest folks MUST research this shit on their own, instead of simply making an account, clicking the #1 source and sending money.  Laziness is a humanity problem.

Dolf

https://musclegurus.to/forum/general/general-chat/77266-choosing-a-source-tips

We do have a sticky on choosing a source. However imo it's flawed in some ways. Maybe a few of you gentleman and cheezy too lol would like to submit a possible replacement sticky. Or we could collectively as a group list tips for choosing a source, and then put it all together to create a sticky.  Maybe also put this sticky in the new to steroids forum which is where every noob should look.

A

AnabolicPerformance

Its hard to go against clicking that top rated whatever whether its here or amazon, ebay, whatever. Just human nature to say hey it got there somehow and go with it. Would be really nice to do reviews and it be weighted off a guys cycle experience, guy with more cycles is a better judge of quality than a guy who is doing his first cycle. Of course building a ranking system based off all that would be a nightmare Im sure. Maybe even a way to take into account the last six months of reviews, that would at least clear out the stagnant guys anyway.

End of the day tho it comes down to research and a persons decision making ability. Hard to build a system smart enough account for stupidity or shear laziness. The recently discussed will keep the non-stagnant on the bottom and from there read what guys are saying, more experienced guys usually talk in Q&A so its easier to see what the experienced ones are feeling about a source and how active a source is. Source interaction is key tho because Q&A is where he will see all the questions and build customer rapport. 

A

AnabolicPerformance

csancheezy said:
</p><p>it is a good thing that people actually have to watch current events around here and see who active members are that are making reviews, and see where guys are leaving comments on SI pages about how much they like the gear..You see I say that because I don't really like the idea of someone signing on here picking a source getting gear and then never contributing whatsoever. Call me what you will, but I think this site is more than just "Stop on buy and get you some roids", I   almost don't feel bad if someone signs on here for one day, picks some source and then gets burned because of this reason-  I mean who the hell trusts the first thing they read on the internet without going more in depth and taking time to study and be confident with where they are sending a wad of cash?? Should that person be injecting stuff into there body if they are gonna make a call like that?.. Now Burr I am not talking about your friend specifically, I am simply using strong examples to make my point. This site is about more than getting juice, its about the lifestyle and the brotherhood.  </p><p>
</p><p>So you saying you don't believe Im a french model?</p><p>Guys too lazy to click links, read, and maybe punch little keys with letters on them really make me wonder if they should even be running a cycle. Come on now, if you don't care enough to research then how much thought is REALLY put into a cycle, how is that diet REALLY looking, and yea is training REALLY gonna be as it should?</p><p>If they are truly doing all that then they have no issue getting on a board having conversation with like-minded guys about it. Do that and you just have a feeling for who is who source wise. Domestic guys prolly got it a little easier tho because seems the domestic sources are on here a lot more talking to customers and throwing their 2 cents in on whatever topic is discussed.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>

csancheezy

a ranking off oa guys cycle experience holding more weight bc ppl can just lie about that. But if there were a way in which more activity could merit a more valuable review..like at the top of that review there could be a little thing that says " left by a non active member" " very active member" or "somewhat active member"... or something like that, I don't know how you would rank the activity levels really.. But still no substitute for guys who just want everything handed right to them

A

AnabolicPerformance

csancheezy said:
</p><p>a ranking off oa guys cycle experience holding more weight bc ppl can just lie about that. But if there were a way in which more activity could merit a more valuable review..like at the top of that review there could be a little thing that says " left by a non active member" " very active member" or "somewhat active member"... or something like that, I don't know how you would rank the activity levels really.. But still no substitute for guys who just want everything handed right to them</p><p>
</p><p>That would be nice, could probably do the activity level off the posts per day or total posts/comments divided by number of days since they created the account</p><p> </p>

csancheezy

it could work, it would require ALOT more effort for a guy to come in here and leave some ghost review or fake review and have it mean anything at all.

Kfizzle

Dolf said:
</p><p>https://musclegurus.to/forum/general/general-chat/77266-choosing-a-source-tips</p><p>We do have a sticky on choosing a source. However imo it's flawed in some ways. Maybe a few of you gentleman and cheezy too lol would like to submit a possible replacement sticky. Or we could collectively as a group list tips for choosing a source, and then put it all together to create a sticky.  Maybe also put this sticky in the new to steroids forum which is where every noob should look.</p><p>
 </p><p>I like the idea of posting up a thread and letting everyone chime in and then pulling the quality info from the comments and making a stiky from it. </p><p> </p><p> </p>

Dolf

I like it too. Multiple thoughts and ideas are better than one. If we get enough members to want to do it I'll start a thread to do it. We'll make it a sticky and give a shout out on it to everyone who participated. 

Nytex

A couple of factors that should be weighed or almost split in to 2 categories. A top rated src that logs in vs a top rated src that's mostly absent .

# 1 how old are the reviews , if a src has great reviews but the latest one was  six months or one year ago then perhaps a drop in average for not being current.

#2 how many reviews come from members who have not made an intro for themselves or had many posts. Which leads me to another suggestion. A color change in badge once a member makes their intro.

# 3 How long it has been since the src himself has logged in or posted anything in his own SI thread. So in otherwords if a SRC has not even logged in for over 30 days that affects their rating , then not having made a post in their SI thread affects their rating.

Kielbasa_Posse

A sources enter action on SI's and through out the site bring more customers. The more your source is around the more likely your going to order from them. A sources that dips in and ,out all the time is that who you want to order from ??