Thoughts on NAC for liver protection.

MickMick

I've used milk thistle but over the last few years I've been using a product called NAC. Besides liver protection it also supposably has other health benefits. My liver numbers thus far have been fine. Does anyone else have any long term experience with NAC?  If so what are the pros or cons. 

flagcia

Don't know about it's properties as liver protector, but during PTC or cruise it up-regulates the number of androgen receptors in muscle cells as well as L-Carnit-L-Tartrate (yeah, maybe not necessary bc. androgens also up-regulate this number)

Some months ago I was cruising (taking 2 times around 1-2g of NAC and same amount of carnit-tartrate) with less than 100mg/week of testE, and decided to cut a bit (loose some fat) then added 10mg dbol only after training (on training days, 3-4/week) and 3x 10mg/day stanozolol oral for some weeks. I had a bloodwork done at the 3rd week or so, and my liver values were in normal range.

I was not taking liv.52 as I usually do, so cysteine should be the responsible.

SemperFi

NAC and TUDCA are quickly becoming two very popular liver protection supplements while on cycle. A good quality milk thistle will remain a staple for most in the community but the NAC/TUDCA combination is without question exceptionally effective. Swolesam hooked me up with NAC about 12 months ago and I have been including it ever since.

I would recommend doing your own research on the benefits of each, as the information is readily available.

I personally do not use milk thistle and use the NAC/TUDCA combination instead. I am proactive and use it throughout the entire cycle without any noticeable negative impact. Liver enzymes are always within normal healthy ranges.

SEMPER FI

strong

I use NAC and Liv52. I have used both for 3 years and only once my liver enzymes were up but that was after a high dose cycle. NAC works well for me. It supports cellular health. Everything in our body starts at the cellular level...

SemperFi

Thats one of the reasons I choose to show up when I do.... Always looking to see my ol' buddies Pontiac fetish!

SEMPER FI