Tips to protect your liver

Kitt

1. EAT YOUR VEGETABLES
Dark leafy greens, deeply coloured fruits and cruciferous vegetables are particularly good for your liver, as are beans. These also aid weight loss, which reduces the risk of fatty liver disease.

2.DROP THE SUGAR
People often think of alcohol as most harmful to your liver, but in fact, sugar — and sugar-filled drinks like pop — have a similar effect.
Some of the studies that are coming to the forefront now talk about the impact of sugar on the liver being exactly the same as alcohol. A can of soda does the same thing as a shot of tequila.

3. GET VACCINATED FOR HEPATITIS
Hepatitis A and B are both liver diseases — and both are preventable with a vaccine. Ask your doctor if you need a shot. Also consider getting tested for hepatitis C.
More Video

4. WATCH YOUR MEDS
Tell your doctor everything you’re taking — combining herbal medicine, vitamins, over the counter drugs and prescription medications can be harmful for your liver.
People don’t realize taking too much acetaminophen (Tylenol) can damage your liver. During cold and flu season, it’s easy to accidentally take too much by popping an all-purpose pill and taking acetaminophen after.
Combining acetaminophen and alcohol — by taking a pill at night to prevent a morning hangover — is also damaging.

5. PICK ECO-CLEANING PRODUCTS
Your liver’s job is to process toxins and that includes those in the environment that you breathe in or ingest. With those toxins, they actually have to be filtered out by the liver.
Using eco-friendly products in your home is a simple way to reduce your toxic load.

LIVER PROTECTION WHILE ON STEROID CYCLE
Anabolic oral steroids put stress on the liver. Not all of them has the same negative impact however all 17A oral steroids will affect in a way your liver. 17 alpha alkylation refers to the addition of an alkyl group (either a methyl or ethyl) to the alpha position of the 17 carbon in the steroid backbone. By adding this methyl group at the 17a position the major route of androgen deactivation is avoided. The additional methyl stops the oxidation of the steroid to a 17-keto steroid. This allows a large part of the steroid to avoid the first pass metabolism and degradation in the liver.

How important is my liver?

The liver is such an important organ that we can only survive one or two days if it shuts down—if the liver fails, your body will fail too. Fortunately, the liver can function even when 75% of it is diseased or removed. This is because it has the amazing ability to create new liver tissue (i.e. it can regenerate itself) from healthy liver cells that still exist.

In this group are steroids such as: Dbol (Methandrostenolone), Oxymetholone, Methyltestosterone, Oxandrolone.

It is worth mentioning that not every bodybuilder is affected by the use of these steroids.
I mean not every user will feel negative impact. There are people who may take orals for many years and their health will not be affected. In the same time there are bodybuilders who will do a cycle of orals and they will feel small pains in liver’s region.

If you are from second group then better avoid using orals and use injectables steroids as they will not affect your liver in such measure as orals do.

However if you need using orals then better to keep your liver health then after to treat it.

milkin

I'll take the tequila over the soda any day Kitt :) In between cycles of course.
Soda has got to be the worst invention ever, absolutely useless with zero nutritional value.

Would there be any value in having a day off the orals once a week?

For example DBol is harsh on the liver, as well as the usual SJW/NAC and advice above, is there any value to having a 'clean' day once a week - just to give it a little respite?

3rd_levelup

@Turning 40. Not sure I would agree with that or not since you want your blood levels to remain steady. Even though dbol has a short half life of up to 6 hours taking a day off would clear it but will also work against your blood levels. I think drinking plenty of water and keeping your duration time reasonable is the best measures you can take. Of course along with supps like liv 52 and milk thistle.

Outlawthing

Water is your best friend   and keep it clean while on cycle  narcotics drugs alcohol and extra crap It doesnot need the extra load I will say certain pre work outs will send my enzymes through the roof alone  listen too your body no matter what oral I take or what dose when my body has had enough it tells me thats enough of that I just feel a certain way and I know that's it 

Dolf

X2 with 3rdlevel and outlaw. You always want to keep blood levels as steady as possible. Thats one reason I'm doing ed pins rather than eod pins this cycle.

Jedimax

I know taking AAS oral pills are toxic to the liver and kidneys, so it's advised to use the injectable stuff instead. However, are TEST AND HGH just as harmful to the liver, kidneys, and any other vital organs? 

swolesam

i dont believe that injectables bear the same sides on the liver, since they bypass the liver breakdown. But dont be fooled, they have their own profile of sides to watch out for - Lipids profile (cholesterol, triglycerides,...), Cardio vascular system, Insulin sensitivity, Prostate health,...etc.

swolesam

I usually go with the Milk Thistle almost all year round to help detoxify liver, but lately i added a couple of more supplements that are SUPER healthy for liver. I am surprised i didnt know about them earlier.

I added N-acetyl Cysteine (NAC), and Reduced L-Glutathione. Reduced form is the best for absorption. They have helped me detoxify GREATLY.

Jedimax

+1 SwoleSam, I wasn't aware Test can cause an increase in cholesterol and triglycerides? I just imagined TEST shrinks the nutsack, causes insomnia,gyno, and irregular heartbeat leading to cardiovascular probs like you mentioned earlier. So if someone has high cholesterol and triglyceride levels, its best to not use TEST?

Ermahgerd

I always have tudca, udca, NAC, and Sam-e on hand for oral cycles. Don't always need them all lol but IMO those are the most effective. And some essential forte as well. 

At the least I run tudca and nac, and if blood work still doesn't come back in range, the udca works wonders for liver help.

swolesam

i wouldnt take it that far Jedi. Remember you already have Test in your body, its a substance your body recognizes. Its just when you take it exosgenously (depending on quantity) it can cause the sides. These sides are EASILY mitigated via natural supplements.

I am on TRT, so i do ~ 850mg T, and my cholestrol just came back today from lastest blood draw (last week) at 171 Total cholestrol, knowing my family have high cholestrol so its in my genes. I attribute that number to supplements i take year round to target cholestrol like: Niacinamide, Red yeast rice, guggul, Plant Sterols, fish oil and flax seeds and flax seed oil, Garlic. These natural supps/herbs WORK MIRACLES bro.

Also keep an eye on LDL (bad) vs HDL (good) chlosterols, you want to keep the ratio in favor of HDL. Alot of AAS seems to reverse that ratio unfavorably. Again, these supplements come to the aid in a MAJOR way. I would never use Lipitor or these pharma shitty prescription drugs to fix issues that can be addressed via herbs & natural supps.

By all means, dont avoid taking T to avoid the sides, instead you want to address the sides intelligently in order to reap benefits from T and have no sides = happy camper :)

swolesam

brother, i highly recommend you try Reduced L-Glutathione. Its a miracle liver supplement. 

Here's an interesting fact about NAC advocating its use, here's a quote:

"NAC - the most popular cysteine supplement, which is also used as a fast GSH boosting agent in medical labs during experiments and as a drug in hospital emergency rooms to save people suffering from acetaminophen overdose."

Jedimax

Thanks so much for the info. I saw a product called liv 52 in a thread on the forum but any more couldnt hurt. Any advice on supps for kidneys also? For the moment I'm only on HGH. Its been 4 weeks that I started and the worst part is how sleepy it makes you. Currently I'm on 3IU's a day. 

swolesam

Jedi - Semper was getting the exact same side of being lathargic, and once he added T3 to the equation, it went away in a day, and his energy returned.

I just started kidney cleanser i bought from amazon. Product is Solaray Kidney Blend SP-6, seems like a nice blend of herbs geared at cleansing the kidneys. Havent dont research on each of the herbs included, but i am planning on it. Its cheap as hell too, so why not throw it in the mix if you're not already getting them from another source/supplement.

swolesam

fyi - i am not advocating the use of T3, but im barely stating that the HGH administration is affecting your thyroid glands causing diminished Thyroid. You can get a blood test just the Thyroid panel to verify. You can def try natural supps to address the thyroid and see if they make you feel better. Keep T3 as a last resort, since its catabolic in nature, at least for me it is significantly catabolic.