train through the paind

kiddbiggdogg

Most of you know I have been dealing with a shoulder injuries for a while now. When I first injured it I was told that it was a severally torn rotator cuff and was recommended surgery. I got a second opinion and was advised to hold off on surgery. He told me it was something that could be resolved with rehab and stretching so that is what I went with. Everyday I stretched did everything I was told and it got a whole lot better. Well being the meat head that I am let the testosterone and pride get the best me. After several months out of the gym I'm trying to make a comeback but I am experiencing some pain in that shoulder. My question is do you train through the pain ice and take care of it or take more time off? Its driving me crazy that I can't train. Advice criticism anything is welcome.

siegmund

Fall back bro,light ,light work,at least your doing something upper body light high rep ,lower body heavy ,,but no don't pish it

kiddbiggdogg

Its killing me brother I'm dying to get back in rhythm. My body is saying pull back my hard ass head has an entirely different agenda. Didn't you say that you had some shoulder issues at one time 

N

noveskeelite

And advice given here comes with this general disclaimer: I am not a doctor or therapist but I can tell you how I and others have eliminated rotator cuff pain.

First your technique bench pressing is critical. Pinching shoulders blades together and getting a nice stable base to press off is first thing. Second thing you should tuck your elbows at bottom and flare towards top. stop that bodybuilder style elbows flared out garbage. it will MURDER your shoulders.

Secondly perform a shoulder complex every workout.

there are a ton of variations...take light dumbbell like 5 or 10lbs and do the following

front raises palms in 5 reps

front raises palms out 5 reps

side laterals palms in 5 reps

side laterals plams out 5 reps

cubun rotations 5 reps

external rotations 5 reps

Google some rotator cuff exercises and correct your bench and overall pressing technique and you will be AMAZED

siegmund

Still do ,most of the time I stay light ,but the tren has me pushing heavy ,,my tendonitis in left arm so bad can't use straight bar at all must use dumbbells to do armsd ,and I'm sure the shoulder is going to be the same ,, ,high reps will keep you nice and build

milkin

Yeah screw "Working through", the only thing you will be working toward is a more severe injury bro. Stop insulting you injury and give it time to heal or you will be out far longer than if you would have just let it heal in the first place.

kiddbiggdogg

Thank you... that's basically what I'm doing except the shoulder complex. You are absolutely right about that form I have been working hard to reform old habits. Zig I gave up on the straight bar or anything that restricts range of movement. Thanks fellas

siegmund

You know your body ,if the low weight ,high rep isn't ,causing pain ,or you know what I mean ,,heard is the crazy my shoulder is problely 90% better now than it has been in years ,,what I did was stay light I put that ,pride a side ,,and I kept a bench press of around 185 -205 ,for a decade ,,i was doing sets of 15 with 185 ,for like 10 sets and the dumbbells will find there own natural range of motion ,,, and the most crazy thing is after I ran my test/DECA cycle ,  the shoulder is also 80. % better ,,but I also respected the DECA ,knowing I had a lot of lube on the shoulder ,, now your going to have to use your judgment ,and if even light hurts ,in a bad way ,,lay off ,I concentrated on lower body and lb for lb ,no one could have touched me ,and that was then ,,not now .. I'm older I'm not going on stage ,, and I'm not going up against Nov ,at a meet ,, so I like my size ,my looks ( and I'm not being narcisstic) you kwim , the wife has someone she can be proud of ,,and I still turn the 28 year olds heads ::)) and the cougars ,I have to use a chair to keep back lmao ,,,I do this for health ,well being and since of mind ,, and just for the record ,it will take one fucking hell of a man to take me out :))) but that's a mind thing ,, I just got something inside ,,hey just me ,so ask yourself ,what you really want  zig

kiddbiggdogg

I want longevity in the sport. I love working out being at the gym really anything active. I want to be able to talk shit when I'm fifty that's y I am looking to people who have experience and have been in the sport and still standing! I'm thinking shift my workouts to legs, core, plyometrics, and cardio. Maybe keep working upper body with resistance bands and def keep up with my daily stretching routine.