Train with your spouse?

calmb4dastorm

Or girl/boyfriend? If so, do you find it enhances your training or take away from it? Is your sex life improved by training together? How is the mood during training?

Dolf

I train with my wife. It has a great affect on our relationship, but we got along fine before training together. 

As far as the sex goes...you're in the gym. Lots of good looking people around. There's sweat, hormones, and pheromones floating through the air. Yea it's go time when we get home!

calmb4dastorm

Go time?! LMBO! At one time I hated working out with him...then I began to enjoy it. We still butt heads occasionally because for some reason, he thinks he can tell me what to do...I politely move on to something else with no spoken words (if I can help it). Lol

Dolf

The smartest thing you can do is pick your fights wisely. Arguments over petty things are best avoided if possible. You could also look at it like he's trying to help you be a better you at something he knows you're so passionate about. Even if it's unwanted lol. 

Don't worry because we do the same sometimes. My wife will get a little irritated at me sometimes for correcting her form or telling her the weight isn't heavy enough. 

blastthru23

I wish...but, I know that she would not and could not keep up or last as long. Nevertheless, its "go time" when I get home ;)

(l like training solo anyways, always have, and probably always will)

strong

I like training solo but I started working out with my wife about 4 mos. ago. At first, I enjoyed it and was very proud of her efforts. I then saw it causing me my efforts in the gym. I wasn't able to get in a state of mind where I need to be to really tear it up. I found myself irritated and getting short with her. I said its time for her to branch out by herself. We worked out separately for 3 days and my workouts flourished again. There was something missing though. It was me being a selfish Baby. We continued our workouts together and I have taught her by example the feeling of euphoria that can be achieved during a workout. I explained I need to be quiet on the way to the gym and focus and see my workout before I even get there.

As far as the sex life goes. My wife has an athletic body. wide shoulders, a tiny waiste and you hit the hips and wow. She has added some lean muscle as well. Watching her go for the extra reps, passed the burn and fight through the reps, well, That's just Hot... Our sex life has always been great but our connection and understanding at the gym has gotten way better...

SemperFi

My spouse and I go to the gym together 6 days a week but we don't train together. We have very different training philosophies and goals. We do spend a lot of our time passing glances. It is a rush to watch her work hard and I like seeing her trying new things on her own. I doubt we will ever progress to the point that we train side by side except maybe a stretching class. 

Concerning our sex life.... I will keep the details private but let's just say when you have healthy hormone levels and a strong self esteem everything just seems groovy. Anything worth doing is worth overdoing is how we roll.

SEMPER FI

calmb4dastorm

To pick my battles. We had gotten out of the training together mode due to him working night shifts. Saturday is the one day a week that we have to be able to go to the gym at the same time. I have my workouts planned.. written down and take them with me and we try to meet in the middle. Occasionally we end up training the same muscle groups.

I read in one of the women's magazines thst couples who workout together have a better sex life. Not necessarily better than anyone else's, but supposedly better according to the article. But i read alot of information that is supposedly true for some. lol. Cosmopolitan, Shape, Woman's Day...offers an abundance of advice and how to's, but raises more questions than the articles gives answers to.

ol fart

Havent worked out together at a real gym, but many times at our home gym.  The first times always seemed to end up getting cut short for other forms of cardio...

I do actually enjoy working out with my wife but i prefer to go it alone so i can really get into it.

ol fart

Havent worked out together at a real gym, but many times at our home gym.  The first times always seemed to end up getting cut short for other forms of cardio...

I do actually enjoy working out with my wife but i prefer to go it alone so i can really get into it.

srslybig

I've tried very hard to get my wife to train with me but she just doesn't want to put in the effort I do. Needless to say I find that very distracting. We have found that it's better for her to go do what she wants (the elliptical for about an hour) instead of weight training with me. 

As far as sex is concerned...when trying to work out together it was negatively effected. Going to the gym and leaving together while doing our own things have ramped it back up to a few times per week. Not bad after 15 years of marriage.