Training Schedule

SharonKY

Since Calm is posting her routine....I would like to get some constructive feedback about mine (if you dont mind).  I take all of your feedback to heart.....

day 1 (Chest, Tri, Calves) Reps: 8,5,6,6,12,15 (6 sets total)
Bench Press
Reverse Grip bench press
BB Decline Bench
Close Grip bench
DB Overhead extension
Standing calf raise
Seated Calf raise

Day 2 (legs, abs)
Squat 8 x 45lbs, 5x 65 lbs, 6 x 70lbs, 6 x 70lbs, 12 x 15lbs, 15x 10lbs
Deadlift 8x 65lbs, 5x90lbs, 6x50lbs, 6x50lbs, 12x50lbs, 15x30lbs
Leg Press 8x55lbs, 5x110lbs, 6x85lbs, 6x85lbs, 12x45lbs, 15x45lbs
Romanian deadlift 8x50lbs, 5x100lbs, 6x70lbs, 6x70lbs, 12x40lbs, 15x40lbs
Cable Crunch 8x22.5lbs, 5x42.5lbs, 6x32.5, 6x3.5lbs, 12x40lbs, 15x40lbs
Cable Woodchopper 8x22.5lbs, 5x27.5lbs, 6x22.5lbs, 6x22.5lbs, 12x17.5lbs, 15x12.5lbs

Day 3 (shoulders traps, calves) Reps: 8,5,6,6,12,15
BB Shoulder Press
Standing DB Shoulder Press
Smith machine Upright Row
Face Pull
BB Shrug
Seated Calf Raise
Leg Press Calf Raise

Day 4 (Back, Bi, Forearms, Abs) Reps 8,5,6,6,12,15
Bent Over BB Row
Wide Grip Lat Pulldown
Seated Cable ROw
Standing BB Curl
Incline DB Curl
BB Wrist Curl
Smith machine Crunch
Smith machine hip thrust

Day 5 (whole body)
Machine Chest Press 2x15
Seated Cable Row 2x15
DB Squat 2x15
Standing DB Shoulder Press 2x15
Cable Shrug 2x15
Standing Calf raise 2x15
Rope Tricep Pulldown 2x15
Cable Curl 2x15
DB Wrist Curl 2x15
Crunch 2x15

Day 6 (whole body)
Reverse Grip DB Bench 2x15
DB Straight Arm Pullback 2x15
DB Romanian Deadlift 2x15
DB Upright Row 2x15
Seated Calf Raise 2x15
DB Overhead Extension 2x15
Incline DB Curl 2x15
DB Reverse wrist Curl 2x15
Hip Thrust 2x15

Day 7 Active Rest Day

SharonKY

I forgot to list my macros......

200g Protein
50g, 75g, 100g carbs (I cycle depending on work out)
100g, 75g, 50g fat (respectfully with carbs)
High carb days are low fat and low carb days are high fat.

blastthru23

Thats a pretty good program you have there. A couple things (suggestions): i don't see much direct medial delt work, maybe add some laterals using dumbs, or machine lateral raises. Then for chest, perhaps some flys, dumbs, cables, or machine. Dumbs and cables would be my first choices as they afford more angles, and the ability to perform a variety of techniques. I don't recall seeing any leg extensions, which can be a wonderful finishing exercise. I personally love doing high reps when doing that exercise.

The toggling of the carb to fat ratio looks pretty cool, and makes sense to me.

Id say run that rep-set scheme for say 6 weeks, but maybe chase progressive overload during that time. Check in with how you feel, and how you are progressing, then perhaps add a set going from two to three, and concomitantly add a rep or two or three. Take your time, guage how you feel, how you progress them take another step :)

Thanks for posting your program design. Its a worl of art that will result in a work of art!

SharonKY

Thanks, Blast! I like the carb cycling because I dont feel so restricted.  I will work in the other areas.

I have 6 weeks mapped out....the first 4 days are the same each week...the last two days are different whole body routines.

J

Jeromes

help you , your chest day incorporates way to much bench press variations and your overall workouts

have to many pressing variations and

not enough rear delt work, over time you will develop internal rotation and eventually injure yourself

i know because it happened to me.Also what works well on chest day would be  press followed by a fly cable or dumbell because  pressing movement stimulates those deep fibers then a fly will is

considered  pump movement.A good chest workout would be dumbells flys super settled with dumbbell bench press then go to flat close

grip bench a close grip bench trradiotionally is

done wrong your grip should bel shoulder width and elbows kept tight to the body,then a tricep rope

pushdown works really good and if put a lot of

intensity then that would be more than sufficient for chest and triceps. I would comment more but obviously I don't want to make

you read a novel.So to sum it up just be careful with all that pressing your front delta will over develop and you will be playing catch up in rear delts a year

from now.incoporate rear delts on your chest tricep day 3-4 sets of face pulls or reverse fly machine for

shoulder health

J

Jeromes

yoir a fan of reverse grip bench that is cool, I use reverse as well.I also from the very beginning of my training focused on incline bench but never with the seat at a 45 degree angle I change it to around 35-30 degrees it will protect your shoulders more and create more chest activation. if you do seated dumbells press I would also advocate you never do it sitting upright it puts way to much stress in the places you don't want it to.So again i would take the seat and give it a slight angle 80 degrees something around there it will keep your shoulders in a safer position as well as give you some minor upper chest activation which is good because truly no one has enough upper pec so it can benefit all.i just want to mention I like your inclusion of the reverse grip bench because it works the long. Head of the triceps very well and  done correctly smokes the upper pec fibers whilst taking your shoulders almost completely out of it.on the flip side if you already have internal rotation I would personallly not  do it until I fixed that problem that is exactly how I got injured 

SharonKY

You may always help me Jeromes! :)

I am going to go back and revamp based on what you said...it makes a lot of sense.  Thanks!!!

strong

Sharon, Nice write up. This is excellent. I don't see a lot of rear Delt work. Forgive me but I'm assuming Face pulls are on the Cable with a rope and that certainly works the rear delts.  I do stress to my wife to do rear delts on the pec deck in reverse and work upper back to keep the shoulders in  proper posture. My wife was concerned with her breasts sagging and I feel that upper back and delts help to keep a nice firm look by pulling the shoulders back..

blastthru23

I love using the pec deck for rear delts. I keep my arms straight to keep the back from engaging. I like doing partials at different points of the movement to really get them burning. Also love supersettimg rear delts on the pec deck with laterals on a machine, especially when im pressed for time

blastthru23

You've inspired me to run a full body session this friday, chock full of supersets. Heres the tentative plan (3 sets to two reps shy of failure for each exercise):

•Bi/tri

21's s/s french press

•Back 1.

Lat pull s/s two arm dumb bell rows

•Back 2.

Bent rows s/s hammer strength pulls

•Quads.

squat s/s leg extensions

•Chest.

Dumb bell flat press s/s dumb bell incline fly

•Delts (focus posterior and medial).

Incline rear delt s/s dumb bell laterals

•Hams.

Dumb bell stiff leg s/s lying leg curls

•Abs.

incline crunch s/s weighted side crunch

*no calf work as i have what i think is a strained soleus muscle; fucker cramps up!*

strong

The hand and elbow  angle is very important when do rear delts on the pec deck. I keep my elbows slightly above my shoulder plane and don't hold the handle that the machine offers. I sort of Karate chop the handle laying my wrist on the bar. Shit, its hard to explain.  I find the squeeze at the end of the rep is most important. I love rear delt cable pulls as well.. I noticed my shoulders pulling forward slightly and I hate that look. I've been working rear delts, and upper back more intensely to keep that good posture with the shoulders rolled back. Its funny how the slightest change in hand angles work some muscles harder..

Dolf

This is what I've started doing for rear delts.

[[{"fid":"35971","view_mode":"default","fields":{"format":"default"},"type":"media","attributes":{"alt":"Seth Feroce How-To: Rear Delts","class":"media-element file-default"},"link_text":null}]]

strong

Very helpful. I always used to do them standing up but I'm careful with my lower back now. I do the seated raises and move the hand angles around as well.  I've been watching Seth for a while now since you introducing him. I like him. Its time for me to start watching more youtube vids. I tend to be pretty ignorant in "My way must work"  But I am seeing greater benefits from listening to others..