Training sessions

Titanings

When you guys are on cycle do you increase your training times? Reason I ask is that I normally try and keep my session to 1 hour of weight lifting (not including stretching, cardio, etc) so I don't overtrain when I am off cycle.

But as we all know being on cycle makes a big difference. Sometimes I have to tell myself to stop after an hour and a half cuz I feel like I can go on forever (especially on Dbol). So therefore considering the increased stamina, protein synthesis, and everything else going on with your body while on cycle do you guys increase your training as well???

blastthru23

I plan my work outs in advanced so that I know exactly what I'm going to accomplish. Time dissolves at the gym; it's more about what needs improvement and how I'm going to do it. I may add things in to keep warm if a machine or whatever isn't available, but I always come in to the gym with a plan. If it takes two hours, or an hour it doesn't matter. It's all about what needs to happen. However, if I have some extra time as it were, I'll do abs or extend a cardio session. That's just how I go about it. And this is on or off cycle. The cycle period is a "special" time, but the time between is just as if not more important.

blastthru23

i need to make an addition to what i wrote above. First, on cycle training does get amplified. I often focus on a few concepts, those being training intensity, rep and set increase and decreases rest periods between sets. For example, say you're doing 4 sets of 10 on flat dumb bell press, say you're pressing 100. Let's increase the sets, but decrease the reps. Start with 90 for 8. Then, go for 115 for as many as you can get, but if u get 8, stop. Next, grab the 120's. Get em up, and press till you have to dump them. Go back to 115, then 110, then 105, then 100. We have 7 sets. Then drop to say 75, and press to failure. There, 8 sets. And, you had to work more and harder. I like to use a pyramid approach to really kil the pecs. You can utilize this approach for many lifts such as squats, dreads, bent over rows etc. You'll be amazed at how quick strength builds from this approach, at least I have been.

If you were doing 4 sets of 10 on lat pulls try 5 sets of 8, same reps but more time. Then go on to 5 sets of 10. Superset with behind the neck pull down to work more lower traps. No break but to move the pin. So, say you're pulling 180 for 8-10, once you complete that set, move the pin to say 120, or even 105, then Do behind the neck pull downs for 8-10 (I have hyper mobile shoulders so this exercise gives me no problems). You've increased intensity, and worked harder in nearly the same amount of time as though you just did lay pills and took a break for 90 seconds. 

Look for ways to give yourself more of a challenge. Use supers, tri sets, giant sets, drops and rest-pause to really work both  the same muscle groups and antagonist groups (back chest, quads hams, bi tri and the like). Recovery is quicker and strength is increased on cycle. Just remember to keep drinking water!

Titanings

That's some really good tips for progressive overloading and getting more workout in shorter time. I love doing supersets and dropsets. I feel like I get so much more done and a better workout. I am going to have to try more of that pyramiding like your talking about. Especially on the bench, squats, deadlifts, and rows. I think those are the four major compound lifts  that really help you grow. Plus pyramid up to higher weight is really good cuz sometimes your mind will try to psych you out and go no I cant lift that much I already struggle with what I am doing.

Good tips brotha, will keep that in mind on next gym day :)