TRT and dosage, gyno, decreased libido

Ibra43

Hi guys, I'm currently on TRT and at first it was great. 100mg wkly/or 200mg bi weekly. It started great, since my test was at 182 during blood work. I had increased libido, election, strength....but now, I am getting sensitive nipples, like maybe the beginning of gyno. My libido has decreased. I was wondering if I should take a Clomid. I have Arimidex but have not taken it. I know we have to have some estrogen to balance out and don't want to kill anything or should I just push through? Increase dose? Decrease dose? Thanks

Twizted

Without bloodwork I can't give you completely accurate advice, however, with those symptoms it does sound like your estrogen may be high. You are only taking 100mg a week though so I find it hard to imagine that dose put your estrogen super high. How long has the nipple sensitivity and decreased libido been going on?

Twizted

If it continues then you could try dosing a very small amount if arimidex to see if it helps. Just don't overdo it, crashing your estrogen is no fun either.

Twizted

Clomid is better used for PCT and getting your natural test production back. It's generally best to lower estrogen with arimidex or atomasin.

HGH.to

Is your TRT prescribed by a doc? if so, he should have mentioned the high estrogen risks and you can ask him about this

Ibra43

Is your TRT prescribed by a doc? if so, he should have mentioned the high estrogen risks and you can ask him about this
Yes, it's prescribed by my primary care physician. I was previously aware of the risk. I just didn't think at such a low dose it would begin ....I'm not aromatised just sensitive, maybe it'll pass. I know my libido is a little off and it feels like I don't have that much sperm. I see him next week and see what he says about arimidex or increase/decrease dosage.

Ibra43

Yes, it's prescribed by my primary care physician. I was previously aware of the risk. I just didn't think at such a low dose it would begin ....I'm not aromatised just sensitive, maybe it'll pass. I know my libido is a little off and it feels like I don't have that much sperm. I see him next week and see what he says about arimidex or increase/decrease dosage.
Dose is 100mg a week of Testosterone Cypionate

HGH.to

yeah that's very strange you get estrogen related issues at 100 mg/week of T. your doc should know about this. it would be much better if you would have a test. with those numbers on hand you'll have a much better picture

HGH.to

The nipples are sensitive but not formed into popped out ...I have had gyno before and the doctor send me Nolvadex which worked.
well, that's the first sign of gyno of them being sensitive. later might pop out. and yes, Nolva does a great job in reducing gyno, but won't touch estrogen levels. how's it going by now?

Tbone2000

yeah that's very strange you get estrogen related issues at 100 mg/week of T. your doc should know about this. it would be much better if you would have a test. with those numbers on hand you'll have a much better pictu

yeah that's very strange you get estrogen related issues at 100 mg/week of T. your doc should know about this. it would be much better if you would have a test. with those numbers on hand you'll have a much better picture
Couldn't agree more

Ibra43

well, that's the first sign of gyno of them being sensitive. later might pop out. and yes, Nolva does a great job in reducing gyno, but won't touch estrogen levels. how's it going by now?
So I took arimidex .5 for 4 days and it has stabilized. My nipples are better, no more sensitivity and my libido is coming back. I may hold off on continuing the arimidex as I don't want to crash my estrogen either, ironically as we men also need some estrogen for libido, bone, etc.😂

HGH.to

yeah, it seems you're doing well. and as long as it all comes back to normal after using arimidex then it does seems like estrogen was the culprit

Ibra43

I had my blood work completed after 8 weeks on TRT. Test was at 1078, Estradiol was at 21 not sure if that's to low but feel better. My LDL did come back a little high- 118. I usually never have high cholesterol. My LH was low as well- 0.2. So the doctor put me on a Test Cyp/Enanthate. It has 90mg of Cyp with 10mg of Enanthate. Not sure what's the difference??. HCG every 5-7 days - .25 units and ......Arimidex .5mg once a week only. What do you guys think? Thanks.

HGH.to

test and estradiol levels seems to be good. LDL indeed seems a bit high. you may need a better diet/ workout plan.
H was indeed low, that's the reason why he might put you on HCG.
Overall everything seems fine. Your doc knows best how to treat you because we're all so different.
What's strange - why 90 mg Cyp and 10 mg/Enanthate? that's really strange. The difference between them is the half-life. But even half-life difference between them isn't really much. Plus 10 mg is a very low dose not doing very much either. ANyway, as said, your doc knows best...