TRT as a gateway to steriods

Hello,

I recently started Testosterone Replacement Therapy at a clinic. I was tested with low testosterone levels, and for the last 3+ years I have suffered from extreme fatigue that has made it difficult to function. On TRT, I feel like I have my energy back. I'm 33 years old. However, I have noticed that while I have energy for the first half of the week following my injection, the second half of the week feels like I'm slumping back down and just dying to get my shot again.

I am on the following: 150 mg/week TestC, HCG, and .25 mg Anastrozole.

I'm posting here because I'm really considering buying extra TestC and doubling the dosage by injecting myself halfway through the week.

I wanted to ask for people's opinions because I feel like I'm in a kind of grey area between wanting to do a full steroid cycle and wanting to just do basic TRT. Again, my main concern is maximizing my energy level, not bodybuilding. If I double my dose, will I continue to have more and more energy, confidence, and motivation?

Any input is appreciated.

otfjoey300

Hello,

I recently started Testosterone Replacement Therapy at a clinic. I was tested with low testosterone levels, and for the last 3+ years I have suffered from extreme fatigue that has made it difficult to function. On TRT, I feel like I have my energy back. I'm 33 years old. However, I have noticed that while I have energy for the first half of the week following my injection, the second half of the week feels like I'm slumping back down and just dying to get my shot again.

I am on the following: 150 mg/week TestC, HCG, and .25 mg Anastrozole.

I'm posting here because I'm really considering buying extra TestC and doubling the dosage by injecting myself halfway through the week.

I wanted to ask for people's opinions because I feel like I'm in a kind of grey area between wanting to do a full steroid cycle and wanting to just do basic TRT. Again, my main concern is maximizing my energy level, not bodybuilding. If I double my dose, will I continue to have more and more energy, confidence, and motivation?

Any input is appreciated.
Wow, that’s already a high dose ? Is that what you started at ??

otfjoey300

Taking HCG all the time can desensitize you it should only be used in short bursts…. What’s the purpose of the anastrozole? Have you ever considered trying 100-125 a week? Or was that a failed dose and how you ended up where you are.?

suppsforlife

If I double my dose, will I continue to have more and more energy, confidence, and motivation?
while I would answet this questions with - yes, most likely.
Taking HCG all the time can desensitize you it should only be used in short bursts…. What’s the purpose of the anastrozole? Have you ever considered trying 100-125 a week? Or was that a failed dose and how you ended up where you are.?
i have to 100% agree with this!
HCG all the time is not a good idea and anastrozole might not be required at your dosage.

otfjoey300

Consider trying 100-125 per week test. It might sound counter productive at face value, but it could solve your problem . Also drop that ancillary for a bit and discontinue HCG- just a suggestion from a guy on TRT with steroid experience

suppsforlife

The only reason I’d suggest against it is because he’s looking for a healthy TRT dose… 300 test is far too high for a TRT
in most cases yes, but I heard of a guy saying he's on 300 mg Test Cyp weekly for TRT (maybe he was lying, i know, but there's no point in him lying...)

otfjoey300

in most cases yes, but I heard of a guy saying he's on 300 mg Test Cyp weekly for TRT (maybe he was lying, i know, but there's no point in him lying...)
That’s still far too high. My dr prescribed me 100 per week and won’t go higher. I’ve done a lot of research and anything past 175/wk can and will cause damage long term

Wow, that’s already a high dose ? Is that what you started at ??

They said they start this and then retest my levels at week 4 to make adjustments.

Consider trying 100-125 per week test. It might sound counter productive at face value, but it could solve your problem . Also drop that ancillary for a bit and discontinue HCG- just a suggestion from a guy on TRT with steroid experience

So that's another thing is I'm worried they will decrease it if I'm above their target range. If anything, I'm hoping to increase.

As far as the HCG they are only giving it once a week but saying that it helps with fertility longterm in case I want to have children later on. The anastrozole is because my Estrogen levels were already on the higher side of normal, its only .25 mg once a week though.

I'm going to continue waiting it out and sticking with things, but it sucks going from super energized the first three days to feeling like I'm dragging my feet again the second half of the week. I wonder if just splitting the dose up would help.

It’ll catch up eventually. But there’s also guys who won’t go under a gram a week. Usually they’re competitors or pros at those doses but fuck this is why bbers are dying in their 40s

So, is between 300 mg to 500 mg per week dangerous long term? I'm kind of looking for a more permanent solution and don't want to cycle. I just want that drive and motivation back like I used to have.

otfjoey300

They said they start this and then retest my levels at week 4 to make adjustments.

So that's another thing is I'm worried they will decrease it if I'm above their target range. If anything, I'm hoping to increase.

As far as the HCG they are only giving it once a week but saying that it helps with fertility longterm in case I want to have children later on. The anastrozole is because my Estrogen levels were already on the higher side of normal, its only .25 mg once a week though.

I'm going to continue waiting it out and sticking with things, but it sucks going from super energized the first three days to feeling like I'm dragging my feet again the second half of the week. I wonder if just splitting the dose up would help.
I do this with my dose as mine is set to bi-weekly. I switched out my test for some UGL test though tbh, I found a test decanoate ester that’s dosed 350 mg/mL; so I do a half mL per week; it keeps me very stable. I build my cycles on top of that. I feel like the HCG has something to do with it. Do they give you your shots or do you do them yourself ? Try taking that out and ya split your shots into mon/thurs shots if you must. Just so you know; “more” rarely equals “better” when it comes to steroids. You might be too high, but then again you may be crashing your estrogen every time you dose that azole. There’s too much up and down happening IMO with the azole , the HCG, and the test injects. On paper it sounds like a reasonable TRT protocol with maybe an enhanced dose even, but I feel that combo and they have you on those other two meds weekly? Idk man. That sounds like where the problem lies. So you see on cycle I only use 175 test a week. TRT for me is only 100/wk

otfjoey300

So, is between 300 mg to 500 mg per week dangerous long term? I'm kind of looking for a more permanent solution and don't want to cycle. I just want that drive and motivation back like I used to have.
If you can run 400 mg a week for a year don’t ever expect natty production to be the same, if you run that for 5 years expect to have some sort of issues in your blood markers, if you stay in it permanent who knows. Also everybody’s different what happens to me might not happen to you. IMO though 300 is far too high for TRT. Look up anabolic doc on YouTube and watch his TRT videos

If you can run 400 mg a week for a year don’t ever expect natty production to be the same, if you run that for 5 years expect to have some sort of issues in your blood markers, if you stay in it permanent who knows. Also everybody’s different what happens to me might not happen to you. IMO though 300 is far too high for TRT. Look up anabolic doc on YouTube and watch his TRT videos
Okay this is good to know. For some reason I got it in my head, man 150 mg / week is easy I could do double but that's probably not the case. Also read some other studies where they were doing between 300 mg to 600 mg per week with good results but that must not have been long term.

BodyGear

Okay this is good to know. For some reason I got it in my head, man 150 mg / week is easy I could do double but that's probably not the case. Also read some other studies where they were doing between 300 mg to 600 mg per week with good results but that must not have been long term.
yeah, you can stay at 150 mg per week for the rest of your life, but you better won't stay for too long at doses of 300-600 mg weekly

EMachine

If I may respond to Nobodyspecial( don’t like your chosen name, everyone is special brother and unique), I’ve been on TRT since they found a brain tumor on my pituitary gland while in my last twenties/Early thirties…it’s been a while can’t remember for sure. Anyways, I find that you would benefit best by splitting your 150 mg test shot to twice per week, like Saturday and Wednesday. Your levels would keep you more stable and u wouldn’t experience the highs and lows in energy levels that you’re experiencing now. Can you share what your testosterone levels are on your current protocol? That would be helpful to all of us who are trying to help you. Free and total testosterone should give you a very good idea if your therapy is working. A couple of members talked about Hcg use the most probable scenarios you will most likely run into in the future or after long term. I honestly don’t think it’s a wise choice to use Hcg, unless necessary…or perhaps, your balls have shrunk, which happens and you are looking for the cosmetic look…of full ball. Hcg can certainly give you that effect…but at what cost long term?
Many clinics, will try and sell you unnecessary products. It’s a business for them and profit is their bottom line. At first it sounds great…I feel like you’ve hit the jackpot…got test at 150 mg per week, Hcg, and arimidex??? Sorry. I forget exactly if it was Arimidex. But remember, less is better and TRT is a lifelong therapy…for most people, at least. Start low, 100 mg per week divided into 2 shots is ideal or even less, it all depends on your values, which you failed to reveal. So we have given you a safe baseline based on nothing. But the members wanted you to be safe and 100 mg per week is pretty safe for most. It would be helpful for us to know where you are. For example, what are your current levels? Estrogen, more importantly…Your estradiol levels, PSA, blood work…etc

Thank you everyone for your comments. Super helpful and for now I'm sticking with what the dr has proscribed. Going to possibly ask about splitting the dose in two and also getting new bloodwork done this week after 1 month of TRT. When I started my numbers were around 325 test and 27 est.

I'm now considering adding HGH instead of more test... can anyone comment on whether that would be a good idea or waste of money at 150mg testc? Just looking for that energy, motivation, and youthfulness. Still feel young inside but starting to age on the outside and I hate it. HGH is expensive though so I'm wondering whether to try it or not...

. For example, what are your current levels? Estrogen, more importantly…Your estradiol levels, PSA, blood work…etc

Well another thing is I'm concerned I have some slight gyno already, and not even from steroids but just naturally somehow that I'm trying to get rid off..