TRT Doesn't Seem To Be Working...

SemperFi

Here is the scenario. It is not uncommon but it is not the norm....

You have been injecting testosterone for several weeks or more under the supervision of your new TRT doctor.....

You are still not sleeping well. You are still experiencing daily loss of energy and you are not having the positive experience that everyone else is raving about. All of your blood work pre-treatement came back all in the normal ranges except for low t and you are becoming discouraged. Your diet is healthy and you are training harder than ever.

What might be the problem? In many cases it is adrenal stress. Without going into it to deep the adrenal gland is a key part of our stress response system. Whether physical, emotional or phycological we all experience stress and the adrenal gland releases hormones that help us survive these stresses. When we experience too much stress the adrenal gland gets fatigued and begins to struggle to perform the functions that it is intended to under normal conditions. Think about how much stress your body has been in trying to compensate for the low testosterone condition that you have had for a long period of time.

The symptoms of adrenal stress are similar to hypothyroidism. The thyroid and adrenal glands are closely interactive and connected.

• Trouble getting out of bed

• Chronic fatigue

• Daily tiredness

• Lack of motivation

• Difficulty focusing or staying on task.

• Weight gain - belly fat

Luckily there are OTC supplements that work very well helping the adrenal gland to get back to functioning normal. My personal choice can be found on Amazon and it is called Adrenal Support - Cortisol Manager by 1 Body. I also incorporate RLC Labs I-Throid daily for a synergistic approach to adrenal recovery.

If you can relate to what I have shared I recommend reading up on adrenal stress/fatigue and the interaction of cortisol. Cortisol is a necessary hormone but too much of it has a seriously negative impact on what we are attempting to accomplish through TRT.

SEMPER FI

ESmetalhead

Yeah I relate to this.  I don't feel any different even with a 1200+ T level other than muscles healing super quick.  My sex drive has always been strong.  I've got most of those symptoms and my thyroid has tested low both times it was measured.  T3 high at 37 and T4 low at 4.1 if these numbers tell you anything SF let me know.

Thanks for posting this!  I put in an order for RLC Labs I-Throid daily just now.

SemperFi

Metalhead,

In you personal situation high E2 is probably part of the issue right now brother.

Have you ever had your vitamin D checked? If you live in an area that does not get much sunlight year round most individuals are D deficient. I take 5000iu daily year round. D is fat soluble so take it with your am meal and/or a protein shake. I-Throid will help with your thyroid function just make sure you take it DAILY in the first am. My thyroid is in the normal range even without iodine supplementation but remember what a normal range means. ;) I much rather have my thyroid, especially at my age, closer the the hyper end of the scale.

You also might want to look towards your diet and deduce if there is any foods or combinations that may be causing your issues. Get rid of SUGAR! ;)

A combination of a slower thyroid, being vitamin D deficient and adrenal stress is a horrible combination. Fortunately just like low T there are effective treatments. 

SEMPER FI

SemperFi

Thanks Dolf. TRT is only part of the solution. It is good to have all the puzzle pieces and see them nicely placed together. You are a huge part of that puzzle. 

The more content each member can provide the more useful MG can become.

SEMPER FI

Dolf

Well all the info on trt as of late is a grest asset, and will not only help grow membership, but will change lives. Thank you for your dedication to helping others.

ol fart

Great information as usual, I can relate to all these symptoms as of lately.  i'm not on TRT yet, but the more i read the more i think its part of my solution. 

I will be sure to try out adrenal support.

Thanks