TRT problems concerned

Ruger333

About 6 months ago I was running double trt dose and my doctor suprised me with a test that was a 1400 test level. I talked him into letting me continue the 100mg a week. I just took another test the day after 100mg injection and my test was 1070!! I usually don't test until 5 or 6 days after injection and it's usually  mid 500 to low 600 ranges. What is going on? Is the test that high because of how close it is to injection time? I hAve been on trt for almost 4 years my levels shouldn't be magically increasing now should they? I wouldn't be concerned if my doctor didn't consider the level max a 950.

M

Mister A

Ruger, you tested 1400 on 100mg of Test a week?

Am I to also understand you're doing a single 100mg injection per week?

Depending on the potency of your test a good measuring stick is to have your test levels 5-7 times your weekly dosage. So 100mg a week yielding 500-600 test levels sounds right. But to get a 1400 from 100mg is 14 times the dosage. You can send me a bottle of that if that's the case ;)

What I want to look at is your pinning frequency. One injection per week of Test C or Test E will create unstable blood levels and could be the reason your numbers are all over the place.

Ruger333

No I'm sorry. The 1400 was on 250 a week. When the 1400 came back I dropped it back down to the 100mg a week. This is all pinning once a week. 

M

Mister A

Alright so going by that formula, 250 times 5.6 will get you to 1400. Makes sense.

I know a lot of guys pin once a week. A lot of doctors will say it's fine. But it's really not ideal given the half life of the ester, assuming you're using cypionate. I don't think anyone could argue that pinning cypionate twice a week opposed to once will yield more stable blood levels.

Ruger333

I used to pin twice a week but I got tired of it. My doctor suggests pinning  200mg every other week (let's you know what I'm working with.) I'm baffled and don't understand how my levels are this high even for a next day test at 100 mg weekly pins. 

M

Mister A

Every other week. Wow. I know the difficulty of trying to get a good doctor. So much so that I self implemented TRT at 29.

Well the only thing I can think of is that you somehow forgot you pinned and pinned again. Because 200mg would land you right about 1070 if 100mg brings you around 550. Either that or the lab fucked up. Idk man. You might have to put this one in the mystery column unless someone smarter than me has an idea. I'm all out lol.

Dolf

Are you using your prescribed test such as UpJohn or Watson or are you using test you bought from a ugl? If its from a ugl source it's very likely it could be overdosed.

Big Nasty

I had somewhat of a similar experience with TRT levels that rise quickly right after the injection. For example I was at 1200 ng/dl Test level one day after injection. My TRT Dr. asked me when I injected and I told her the day before blood draw. Next time  she told me to make sure my blood draw was 7 days after Test injection. (My prescribed TRT dose was 200mg/wk) In order to give the Test level time to level out because initial injection would spike test levels above normal range. She was right (my test level was 760 ng/dl) and surprisingly she helped by justifying not lowering the test dose. I now 100% self administer TRT and definitely a proponent of 2x's week injects. 

SemperFi

X2

As a TRT veteran splitting your weekly dose into 2 equal injections every 3.5 days is the best way to maintain stable blood levels when using E or C esters. My doctor and I both would not recommend have bloods drawn within 3 days of injection as it will show a temporary elevated level which is NOT a proper gauge of an average level.

IMO it appears in your case Ruger your doctor is more concerned about "steroid use" instead of a proper administered TRT protocol which is to be expected based on your abuse of theTRT prescription. I would be cautious mixing your steroid use and TRT treatment while under the direct supervision of a physician because you are placing him/her and yourself in a possible tough situation. It is a different story if you have a helpful and understanding physician but many are going to tow the party line that steroid use is bad and evil.

SEMPER FI

APL

That's the way half life works brother. Its not a point in time where half the compound releases at that point but instead its the point where the blood concentration has decreased by half (actually definition of half life = the time required for a specific property (eg concentration of a substance in the body) to decrease by half...create google for this definition). In cycle planning or TRT its better to space doses to the point of not having dramatic peaks and valleys but you will always have that rise at dosage along with a fall to the next one...also why when doing labs to post its important to say which compound and how long its been since dosing!