TRT Study - 80000+ Men

SemperFi

Recent study of 80000+ male veterans show that TRT reduces the risk of stroke, heart disease and all causes of mortality-

REFERENCE- 

eurheartj.oxfordjournals.org/content/36/40/2706

SEMPER FI

ramdisck

awesome study, thanks for the link

I understand that when people go TRT it's for life, but...

is there an age where a person stops it. would you be on trt in your 80s 90s?

SemperFi

I intend to remain active well into my 80's and will take every scientific or medical advantage that there is to maximize my time on this planet. ;)

I personally know of a 76yr old who is on TRT. I am unsure of his exact protocol but he is very energetic and active for a man of his age.

SEMPER FI

B

Burrr

My wife's hrt dr has a women  in her 90s still getting hormones 

swolesam

Great article SF. More evidence pointing to better health induced by "balancing" testosterone in men. Re-affirming for sure. 

Question i have on this article is what exactly makes GP2. In the article "Gp2: TRT without normalization of TT levels" What does that mean?? Means T was administered in excessive amounts so their levels where high normal? Or the opposite, they administered such a low does their T levels were still v low hence suffered the same effects as GP3 (no TRT) ? Im leaning towards the latter, but i dont understand how they can administer T to a group of men with no changes in their T levels!? Let me know your thoughts on this.

SemperFi

Hulk,

I understand GP2 to mean administration without an increase capable of achieving normalization. That is an assumption on my part.

SEMPER FI

swolesam

i guess im at loss of their definition of "normalization", but im guessing low normal is considered "normal" so "without achieving normalization" means their T level is under Low normal, hence out of "normal range". That makes sense.

I just dont see how you can administer T to a male, and their T levels dont reflect elevation in lab tests?! 

Wish they would've added the doses administered and the T level ng/dl numbers! oh well.

I have no plans on stopping, unless some how it becomes unattainable...Thinking about adding an hgc cycle in for a bit...still just a thought at this point...but great info...thanks for the post...