What do you consider a healthy diet?

dixona1986

I consider a healthy diet simply eating healthy food. Include some carbs, all the food groups, limited sugar and processed food. It's pretty basic, but everyone seems to have a different definition. So, I'm a little curious as to what YOU consider a healthy diet.

SemperFi

My philosophy is pretty simple....

Anything I can shoot, catch or grow. If it was food 100 years ago then it can be part of my diet. 

I am a human being so of course there are exceptions and I do take a side road on occasion.... I may be intense but I am not a social freak. ;)))

SEMPER FI

strong

I consider all whole foods healthy. We need to make a daily diet out of whole foods depending on our  goals.  For me, carbs can not be eaten after 2:00. I am playing with that now. I like to have my carbs in the morning. I will eat oatmeal on most breakfasts. I eat a 1/4 cup, Then maybe a lunch with white rice or yam but my carbs and fats are totally limited after all my daily activities are done. I just realized I cant eat any cheese again. I love cheese but I cant have it.. That simple...

jasonking92

why no cheese? I thought we could have a match box size piece per day? I have been eating thin slice cheese on wholemeal toast every day LOL

strong

JK, You can eat cheese. Shit, a 1" cube is 7 to 9 grams of protein. I have always had bad digestion and cheese screwed up my bowels. I switched my night time snack to Cottage cheese and never have the constipation I had with cheese.

jasonking92

excellent news lol thought my only treat was a gonna saying that I do like low fat Cottage cheese might get some tomorrow add couple of bran crackers :)

dixona1986

I have never had cottage cheese just because it reminds me of spoiled milk. I can't stand the thought of it. My boyfriend eats it on crackers with pineapple though, and he swears it's the best thing

Gady

Of course,it depens on goal(bulking or cutin'),but usually I cut my day into 5 meals.Carbs I eat on breakfast of before 2-3 p.m. the same as fruits and nuts. I eat 10 eggs per day,3-4 salads and meat(fish,chicken,beef). I don't add sugar anywhere coz I got enought from fruits,Don't eat fast carbs like cakes or chocolate,but one time pere 1-2 weeks I do a cheating day when I eat almost everything. I have good methabolism so I can eat pizza every day, but prefer not to do that..if I want to see abs oneday :))