What is Metabolic Syndrome?

SemperFi

Metabolic Syndrome... Ever heard of it? A report issued in 2011 showed that 35% of the US population has it and nearly 50% of people over 60 have it. So what is it?

My opinion- Metabolic Syndrome is one of those fancy medical terms that they give to a condition that they know is under the control of the patient to correct but the pharma industry wants to create a medical term so it can develop a treatment in the form of medical prescriptions instead of telling us we are living in a way that will result in an early death.

Metabolic Syndrome is not a disease. It is a combination of multiple factors created by poor lifestyle decisions over a period of time. All the factors associated with metabolic syndrome will, in all but a few cases, lower your natural testosterone levels.

Metabolic Syndrome Factors

• Increase in blood pressure

• Insulin resistance

• High blood sugar

• Excess body fat

• Elevated triglycerides

• Low HDL

• High LDL

There is a common theme in all of the above factors.... Each are a result of poor lifestyle choices and in many cases are the cause of low testosterone levels.

I don't know about you but I don't like being a statistic and definitely don't need someone who does not have my best interest in mind prescribing me a pill to correct something that is completely correctable through my own actions.

The exact same scenario can be applied to adult onset diabetes (type 2).

SEMPER FI

blastthru23

A tweak or two to daily dietary practices, and 20-30 minute walk would be a good start to correcting some of those "symptoms." We are all quite familiar with corrective pill popping... you need another pill or two correct the problems pill #1 caused. Fuck that noise.

BobbyO190

Completely agree. Heck what got me off my ass was a doctor saying 'you are on the border of Type 2 diabetes'.

I may have been lazy and fat but bull crap was I going to be a diagnosis! Let alone take lifetime medication for something I could fix by doing the right thing!  And honestly, just walking thirty minutes and eating slightly better took me from 'on the edge' to in normal range in a matter of a few months.

Funny thing was I had forgotten how nice it felt, got inspired. Thus on the journey I am on today.

But as Chris Rock said years ago, 'ain't no money in the cure.'

Bkschibear01

The doctor telling me I was prediabetic and morbidly obese 3 years ago got me on this journey. Now almost 50 and in the best shape of my life.