Diesel

What made you start bodybuilding:

1. Beautiful body?

2. To look good for women?

3. For health?

4. Career in sport?

5. Your cause.

milkin

1-yes since we all want to look and feel better. There's nothing like that feeling of personal achivement.

2- yes, and yes. We all want more female attention !  Unless of course you are a nut hugger in which I would imagine your intentions would still be the same.

3- why yes def for health. You know that feeling you get when you step out of the gym after a good workout ?  That's what I'am talking about.

4-yes but my dream to enter a pro sport was squashed by an injury back college, it was a devistating event buy thats life. Never lost the drive to maintain my healt though.

5- Lifting has become an every day part of life, it is an addiction and a good one at that. It is important to remember though that you only go around once and you can not rewind life but you can learn from it. Learning from your mistakes, and sharing those experiences, delivers it own form of gradification too. Learning from others and sharing my own experiences is my form of gradifiaction.

rustamouse

Personally, I am after the strength gains. I love the feeling of being strong. Its not a prideful feeling of "I am better than you", but I am just chasing the feeling of feeling good in my own skin. Feeling that I am being all I can be physically. I know I have a long way to go, but as with most good things in life: its a journey not a destination.

Semper Fi

Started with number 4 for HS Wrestling and Football.  Then number 5 in the Marines.  Back to number 4 + 3 in late 20's and early/Mid 30's.  Now at 47 - 3,1,2 order :) 

Yes ..... 1 before 2, I have always been a “little” narcissistic :)

SF

siegmund

I started for strength and weight ,,got handed a 10 -20 year sentence for smashing a child molester , my exes new boyfriend at time touched my girls ,,anyway I did 13 of a 20 for agg  and and attempted ,so I needed get big and strong quick and did and also fell in love with now ,I'm in it for strength and body.  Oh ya and he didn't get a day so I guess you can say weight and training saved my life its the only thing that got me through the time thank you weights.   I guess I'm a little crazy now also talking to the weights lmao :)

milkin

Much respect for you zig, situations like that are hard to process. Your inner strength is an inspiration to others.

siegmund

Ty I did what I thought was right I was young but I didn't do what was right by my kids , and I say this because one of you brothers may find your self's in a bad sisuiation( I pray yours never do) I robbed my children of 13 years , and they suffered its a hard sisuiation, but bros you need to keep your head, and think of the consequences two wrongs don't make a right , and its hard , because that's your loved one but think what's gonna hurt more , and the loved one needs you in a time like that , and if you do what I did ,you can't be there but that's our justice but I can honestly say I worked out 7 days a week for 13year , weather cardio or the weight ,so you can say weights and training are my life ,

buffbod

As a kid I was overweight, so when I lost the weight I KNEW that the iron was for me, and now at age 50, I turn lots of heads even though I'm not huge, just so far ahead of most youngsters I get lots of looks.

Eriq

I'm in the same boat as Buff.

I've always been skinny-fat. You know, built like a frog: Tweeky arms and legs, chubby around the middle. I've always had trouble putting on muscle. So, after being put on TRT in my mid-forties I wanted to see what was possible with my new "normal" hormone levels. Also, I had gone back to school to finish my bachelors degree and had an amazing school gym. It was also motivating that my tiny basement studio didn't get warm enough to shower at home. Had to shower at the gym to keep from becoming an ice cube.

The good thing about never having been fit as a youth, I can genuinely say I'm in the best shape of my life, even with 50 being just around the corner.

siegmund

Ty eric , I was new here when I posted that , I lied a little , and where I lied ishe is not here anymore , hes gone , and cant hurt noone anymore , I didnt want to post I had a body , at time , but any one hurts a innocent, person man woman chold pet , imo , they got to go , its just my mind set , but.tynmy friend , the world has . 1 less predatore , that dont even sound right , predatore , one . Less scumbag sieg

N

noveskeelite

started lifting summer after my sophomore year of HS. In my friends basement with him Gained 20lbs over summer and a lot of strength. people took notice and I was hooked. went from being a skinny twig that nobody gave any respect too suddenly being highly pursued for football and wrestling.

I was also skinny fat lol

Pumped

1.The first reason I started this journey was to attain a beautiful body

2.I had been bitten by the bug and now i'm addicted so there's no going back, blood in blood out type shit!

3. I love the whole process of staying intune w ones body.

4.and of course to give the honeys a lil something to look at :)

Ram

But did originally start really for sports, but grew to love being pumped and watching my body change.  Then the women started noticing cause my uniform and clothes started to fit better. And then  I was hooked like a marlin... And now this has become my lifestyle. I don't feel right if I skip a workout.. I guess I am a bit of a masochist because I like to torture myself daily...I need it.

F

Frankie-knuckels

I started for strength mainly became interested in the 4 main lifts and being weak sucks balls.But now after 8 months I've become interested in growth ... Like they used to say back in the day Cock Diesel I love the feeling of accomplishment when you walk out the gym and that feeling of well being and last but not least of course for the ladies.

SharonKY

I did it because I want to look better, but different than other women.  I dont want to just be muscular, but I want to be strong...I'm only 4'11", so many people just assume that I'm weak because Im short.  I would also like to see where my genetics take me....

A

Alwaysworking

For myself yrs ago I trained at a holds where a pro Don Long trained there and we hit it off he schooled me to nutrition and thought I could do well in the sport and I had the bug since. I will be honest since I made bodybuilding a career and life choice I've lost good relationships due to the life style and I'm sure I've impacted my health in the long run. I'll always love training but the sport itself can get old. These nothing like the pump you get for the 1st time though. It's a vain sport but it still amazes me how the body can change when pushed