What motivates you going to the gym?

Max

Hey bros what is the main thing that motivates you lifting weights?

My motivation:

- when I see a guy who is 25 and has legs like matches

- I feel really very bad when I am not training, it's like I am not living

- when I train I feel like I am the champion

- training helps me being disciplined

- I like lifting weights and listening to good music in the gym

- I like when somebody unknown comes and asks for advice how to look good

BodyBuilding is a great way of life which has many positive impacts on the people.

milkin

Personal achievement, setting goals and meeting them. Goals are dreams with deadlines. Whether your goal is to loose weight or build a better physique its still a goal.

hayabusa

for me, my new obsession with strength training has ultimatley changed my out-look on life in general, before i got back into being really healthy again, i was out on the beer doing things i shouldn't have been doing and getting into trouble, not to mention blowing a load of cash i couldn't really afford to spend.

now i set myself little goals in the gym,.

what motivates me????? i love beasting the firends i train with and watching them suffer and find a workout difficult because they are hanging out from the night before, or just because they don't take their training seriously like i do.....
i like seeing the strong guys impressed by what im shifting, and knowing i train hard.....

i see results, although they come slower nowdays, i still feel better about myself both mentally and physically, i love feeling strong,fit and healthy, i like eating good food and having more energy than most, id rather go out an enjoy some good food rather than going on a bender.....< been there done that......been sick on the t-shirt!!!!!

people can see the change in me, i feel motivated and excel better in most of what i do, just through feeling and looking better, its great....il always push myself with my training and love the routine, it keeps things together, i try not to obsess, but i can't help talking about something i enjoy, my only regret is not getting into the gym back in school, and persuing a similar career path....

milkin

The brunette wearing the spandex with the pink neon stripe, matching sneakers, and pony tails, working the hell out of the elliptical doesn't help either. Just saying.

dlovett

My biggest motivator would have to be failure... I'm hard headed and determined to be hard bodied. I do when others say or even think that I can't. I do it because I want to impress myself. I do it for that indomitable pride that waxes and wanes with the pump. I do it because you're still sleeping. Today motivates me. Not being afraid of tomorrow motivates me. We do it because we welcome change. To inspire others inspires me. When my 4 year old son tells his friends that his daddy's a super hero, I'm motivated. I am motivated when my girlfriend has to climb me as if I were a sequoia and can seek shelter in me just the same. Confidence is addictive. Healthy addiction is motivation. I am an addict, simply put. Addicted to the pain, the sweat, the transformation to Hulk status. Driving that bar drives me. The sport and all the associated virtues motivate me. I do it for the same reasons you do, whether you know it or not. Just keep training!

hugetom

Feeling good

Looking good

Also you get a feeling like everything is possible. Especially if you have enough will to force yourself to do 4 sets of 20 reps in squats ;)

Kitt

my mirror...first it was like i wanna be the strongest man in the world:)) then it was the results i've achieved...when you have achieved smth you want more...now it is kind of a drug...i cannot stop...i look in the mirror and i also can see smth i should work on...and i feel good when i keep working out...kinda like this...

chevy781

Its beyond motivated now! In the beginning I had to stay motivated. Now lifting is apart of me. Its as essential as breathing. It washes away stress and insecurity. Rain sleet fire or snow...will not stop me from being where I'm truly at peace...in my garage throwin around weight! It takes a strong mind to handle the effort that goes into being religiously routine with something. At first my mind was weak...lifting has givin me mental edge
it takes dedication to stay focused and no matter the circumstances be underneath that weight. Liftin has made me more dedicated in life...to my lady...my family...my friends...my job. Its not just a physical activity...it is a soul cleanser and a spirit raiser!!!

N

noveskeelite

My motivation is to NOT be average. To NOT be normal. To be unique.

Love to compete. Love being in gym. Self confidence. the list goes on and on.

siegmund

The sense of wellbeing I get ', I guess its my fix I general ,workout around 5am , by chance I have to miss miss I workout I don't feel right , I feel guilt days off I like to do abs .

N

noveskeelite

siegmund said:
</p>
<p>The sense of wellbeing I get ', I guess its my fix I general ,workout around 5am , by chance I have to miss miss I workout I don't feel right , I feel guilt days off I like to do abs .</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>I get the guilty feeling too when i miss a workout. And become paranoid about getting weaker lol</p>

siegmund

Absolutely I'll tell ya we bought a house and I been moving all week and getting ,short workouts if working out at all  due to moving everything and ,I feel like ,I can't explain terrible .now im in the new house make up for lost time

A

Alwaysworking

I'll be honest sometimes I do not feel like training but if I make myself go I'm glad after. For myself everything plays a part food intake sleep. I'll miss a workout b4 I miss a meal.  If i dont get my meals in as well as sleep i dont function well in the gym.  I do love it but after many yrs of heavy training i feel it a lot more than I used to. Motivation is I know the guy I wanna beat is going.

dixona1986

I think the one thing that motivates me more than anything else is that I'm scared of winding up like the rest of my family. Most are extremely overweight and unhealthy. There is a lot of diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, etc. My mom had asthma so bad that she had a handicapped parking permit, and the doctor told her that if she would lose weight it would get better. She eventually passed away from colon cancer, something that is believed to be caused by your diet. I have pre-diabetes and asthma. I keep it in check because I stay healthy. My doctor told me that if I gain a lot of weight, I will almost certainly have diabetes and my asthma will get a lot worse. 

BobbyO190

Goals first, Memory second.

Goals because it's hard to focus on the prize, to keep your eyes looking forward when you don't know what the prize is or what your moving toward. Thus I set goals and sell out to achieve them then set new ones. Without this my workout is too routine, gets dull and I get little from it.

Memory: On the hard days. The days I don't feel good or stress has me down. I remember how good I felt the last time....when I didn't want to go to the gym but it did and how great I felt after and how much better my day was after. Then I recall the time I didn't go and how the day sucked instead.

Thus on the 'bad' days - memory. On the 'good' days - goals.

BobbyO190

Goals first, Memory second.

Goals because it's hard to focus on the prize, to keep your eyes looking forward when you don't know what the prize is or what your moving toward. Thus I set goals and sell out to achieve them then set new ones. Without this my workout is too routine, gets dull and I get little from it.

Memory: On the hard days. The days I don't feel good or stress has me down. I remember how good I felt the last time....when I didn't want to go to the gym but it did and how great I felt after and how much better my day was after. Then I recall the time I didn't go and how the day sucked instead.

Thus on the 'bad' days - memory. On the 'good' days - goals.