When does TRT dose become a Cycle?

SteveCC

Question for the older bros here. What is a typical TRT dosage of Test.  I'm running 500 mg a week of Test E. I know that's a lot more than TRT. Anyone does that high year round or dose that high and reduce occasionally (Cruise)? 

P

Prolablabs

If you are looking to cruise choose a long ester.  Mind that it will keep you shut down. Also seen as a contraceptive.

SemperFi

Anything beyond a replacement dose of Test would no longer be considered TRT (400-1200ng/dL). TRT dosing is designed for just a replacement level and is typically in the 100-250mg/wk +or- range depending on the individual and the product source. TRT is strictly dependent on what blood levels of Test feel right for the individual. The only way to determine a replacement dose is to have regular blood work. 500mg I would consider to be a beginner level cycle.

You are either on cycle or on TRT not both. Year round usage of higher doses beyond replacement therapy come with many risks and required maintenance plus your receptors are always flooded.

When you want to officially cycle the required doses may be a lot higher to get the results desired because of the flooded receptors. 

FYI- I like my levels to be in the 950-1200 range when on TRT and I can easily do that with 180mg/wk.

My 2 cents brother.

SEMPER FI

swolesam

+1 SF. Great advice brother!!

Only addition to this is, you can always spice up TRT with other compounds like Proviron or Masteron. I even know folks who do Deca in very low dose ~ 150 mg weekly to get some anabolism and joint relief. You really need to know what you're doing with doses & stacking compounds otherwise as you said it will turn into a mini cycle! So the safest route is to stick with 150-200 mg EW Test, AI , and HCG/Sarms.

SteveCC

I used to run enough shit to kill an elephant back in the day. Won some overall titles and went to the nationals with the goal of going pro and making a living at bodybuilding, then quit abruptly as I started having kids and needed to "grow up" and make a living! Now, decades later, I'm trying a cycle of some test E and having great gains! Those thirsty receptors and the sick muscle memory are insane. After about 8 weeks, I put on about twenty five pounds and the strength increase is so high that I screw up sets laughing at how much weight I'm doing clean reps with!  Just hate to have it stop! LOL, Why can't TRT be 500+ mgs per week of test?! ...and add some deca and anadrol 50... I was wondering if any other crazy 50 year old bros where going that high of a dose without coming off completely and running  PCT.??

SemperFi

Why can't TRT be 500+ mgs per week of test?!

Great question Brother!

TRT- Testosterone Replacement Therapy. Low T is a health condition that effects many males and replacement therapy is a necessity.

500mg/wk would be a larger replacement dose for any male and would no longer be considered replacement therapy. The "normal" range (96%) for males 18-40 is 270-1070ng/dL. With the medium average being about 680ng/dL. Notice I placed NORMAL in italics because your normal is not my normal and there is a very wide spectrum in levels. 

500mg/wk of high quality, properly dosed test could easily put most men in the 2500-3500 range which is well beyond the upper limits of "normal".

TRT serves a specific purpose and I believe you are using the term out of context.

A little personal history to help you understand the need for TRT. When I was diagnosed with low T my Test levels were a pathetic, 119ng/dL due to a previous health issue. My body due to health reasons does not produce Testosterone at the levels that are considered normal. That is the reason for TRT- To help provide an otherwise healthy male with testosterone levels that can be considered "normal". Many TRT patients, such as myself, feel much better on a TRT dose that keeps them in the HIGH normal range while others do fine in the 400-800 range. 

If you are wanting to remain on cycle year round you know your body best and that is your decision but for the purposes of the discussion and the health/safety of other members lets not confuse TRT (a professionally diagnosed health condition) with cycling or long term cruising. 

TRT is a lifetime commitment and we NEVER come off because doing so would place us back at square one and that is a place I never want to visit again.

SEMPER FI

SteveCC

Great information. I did not get tested and did not have symptoms of low T. I wish I would have gotten a "before" blood test! What I'm was planning to do is keep up my cycle of 500 mgs of Test E through the summer and then either come off completely and do some PCT or just kick it down to around 250 mgs per week for Autumn or maybe for life. I will get more educated on this before deciding on a path to choose!