When to decide on TRT and risk vs PCT

BobbyO190

Just finished cycle and HCG post cycle run and now I need to decide.

PCT or is it time to go to full TRT, which is where I am leaning.

Can I ask some more experienced people their thoughts and opinions/input on the following questions please?

What are the dangers of committing to TRT vs doing PCT and how do I best protect my endocrine system for a lifetime of TRT?

Or dare I risk it, is it better to do 3mths on full cycle and then pct for life, regardless of low testosterone production?

When has TRT gone so far as to never be able to turn back?

Any other advice or thoughts or questions that I SHOULD be asking or seeking if I only knew to ask them (often if I find in life the problem was no knowing what I didn't know, thus I didn't know the important question to ask in the first place to avoid failure).

Thank you all for your indulgence and help!

blastthru23

In my novice opinion, if this was your first cycle, or your first cycle in long time, I would go with pct for two reasons. First, for the experience. That way you will know what it's like for future refrrence. Second, to get your body back to baseline, so when you get post cycle blood work done, you'll exactly where you are starting from with respect to testosterone levels etc.  From there, you can then make a decision whether or not it's time to consider TRT, rather than just guessing. 

Again, this is just my opinion, not necessarily advice ;)

Dolf

If your stated profile age of 52 is correct then I'd be willing to bet you are low t or on the verge of it. Did you suffer from any low t side affects before starting your aas cycle?

SemperFi

"When has TRT gone so far as to never be able to turn back?"

You have the wrong understanding concerning TRT. Testosterone Replacement Therapy is for life. The result of turning back is you go back to being low t or worse. I do not advice you to take a replacement dose for long periods of time unless you are actually low t. There is no need for a replacement dose if your natural production is at the proper level for you personally. Like Dolf said though at your age you are most likely low T and will be for life.

“The greatest victory is that which requires no battle.”  - Sun Tzu

Do not take something that you do not need. ;)

SEMPER FI

strong

Bobby,

I'm sure I know what your feeling. You are not stating any facts about your endocrine system so I'll assume its just the fact that you feel so good that you just want to stay on. Ask yourself why? I'd recommend PCTing for the experience. You can always move forward but you cant Reverse if you go on TRT..

I myself am in the same dilemma. I'm sick of losing hard earned gains and want to get Giant. That's my reasoning. At least I'm honest with myself. I have PCT'd many times successfully and felt great... 

BobbyO190

I don't remember the exact numbers but I had my testosterone levels checked two years ago and it was on the low end BUT my doctor is extremely conservative so he said it wasn't a threat to my health thus he wouldn't prescribe anything. That's what led me here and self medicating.

So the answer to the questions is yes I am low T. 

This site and some other research has taught me a LOT and a lot to be careful about.

To clarify I did to PCT six months ago. It went well, bounced back solid, not too much loss of gains but the energy and libido drop was huge and I hated it. Thus I lean toward TRT but I kinda hate the idea of my balls shrinking to dead pebbles and I don't seem to respond well to HCG (it has no effect).

Thus it sounds like TRT would be the choice I would prefer psychologically and physically, still I do PLEASE welcome thoughts and advice. I want to be as wise as possible in this long term decision.

Dolf

As long as you are alright with the fact that trt is a life long commitment then I'd say go for it. SF has posted many useful and helpful articles jp in the trt forum section.

As for hcg what was your protocol for using it?

BobbyO190

Honestly, pretty lame. The first time was the start of my PCT months ago and I TRIED to do the 100 a day advised by Titanings but I struggled to take that small a dose. The ampule was 5,000 but that made less than 1ml of fluid when combined and I ended up taking a full third of the HCG with each injection. The second time was trying to use it during the last cycle at 1,500-2000 planned per injection once a week for a few weeks.

FYI: I responded very well to the clomid, nolva, amdex  for the PCT.

In both cases my balls stayed small.   I have watched Semper Fi's videos on HCG mixture etc but I am obviously doing something wrong. And trust me I will not be offended at all if you point out my mistake(s) :)   I would actually greatly appreciate it.

SemperFi

Maybe you just have small balls. Not everyone can be carrying huevos grande! ;))) 

OK... you got the HCG gig all mixed up because of the amp issue and where do you store it after mixing. No big deal. We all could make the mistake. Here is how I mix ampules. I inject 1ml of bac into the HCG amp to mix. Draw the 1ml of HCG from the amp and inject it into a vial containing 4ml of bac. Tada... 5000iu's of HCG in 5ml of bac water. 

250iu to 1000iu per week is most peoples preferred dosage.

If you are leaning towards TRT it would be great to take those questions to the TRT section so future members have an easier time searching for information.

SEMPER FI

SemperFi

Google is a great tool to use or asked your HCG source if they can provide BAC or a sterile mixing solution.

Two options-

1. Buy 5ml vial of BAC. Draw out 1ml to mix the HCG amp. Inject the 1ml of HCG back into the NOW 4ml vial of BAC. Tada! 10ml of BAC can be handled in the same way just remember you will always have 5000iu's of HCG. It will just be diluted and you will need to draw accordingly for your injection dosage.

2. Buy 30ml vial of BAC. Buy several 10ml empty sterile vials (extra vials for future use). Mix 1ml of BAC with HCG. Inject the mixed HCG into an empty vial. Draw 4ml of BAC and inject it into the 1ml vial of HCG. Tada!

OPTION 2 is more cost effective but BAC does have a debatable shelf life so depending on your usage the BAC could go bad. I have never seen it happen for me personally but be aware.

SEMPER FI

blastthru23

BAC typically comes in 30ml vials. Just google "bacteriostatic water".   Also purchase a 10ml capped sterile coal to mix and draw from. 

Be sure to vent the vial with a needle (not attached to a barrel/syringe) so the air inside has somewhere to go when you're filling it with your solution. There are YouTube videos showing the process. 

Dolf

Just google bac water like SF suggested. Get the 30ml bac water and several 10ml sterile vials. They are very cheap. Once reconstituted hcg must be refrigerated and with bac water is good for 30 days. Sterile solution that often times comes with hcg is only good for 7 days once it's reconstituted. 

BobbyO190

LMAO  that was funny. Especially RazorsEdge!

trust me you don't want that photo.

Thanks guys!  Now since I am being lazy, TRT with Test -C

100mg on Monday and 100mg on Thursday vs 200mg once a week right?

How much HCG per week and how often?

blastthru23

Split doses is the route to take with the cyp. There are different ways to go about the HCG. Some load it pinning a full 1500, I personally do 250 twice per week. Some do 500 twice per week. Thankfully I don't necessarily need it ;)