When TRT is a BIG mistake....

SemperFi

When TRT is a BIG mistake....

Having a lifestyle that is not testosterone friendly may be the biggest mistake you will ever make if you are considering TRT. For most men TRT is a new lease on life and to maximize the benefits may require you to make some lifestyle changes. In some cases these changes are not welcoming but for the most part they will be needed and much appreciated by you after the fact.

Almost every doctor will tell you that our lifestyle has a lot to do with why were are in the current condition we are in. If we want to see serious change from TRT it might require serious commitment from us to make the changes necessary to fully benefit from treatment.

Lifestyle changes worth considering BEFORE starting replacement therapy -

• Quit smoking

• Limit alcohol consumption or abstain completely

• Avoid recreational drugs

• Seriously commit to losing weight

• Exercise regularly 

• Keep lipids and blood sugar in control

Studies have shown that these factors influence your sexual function and long-term health. 

As we learn more we find that the easiest part of TRT is injecting a small amount of oil in our bodies. ;)

SEMPER FI

blastthru23

Quitting cigs and booze was the best thing I ever done did. Good thing I didn't have a very long stint with drinking that shit. Considering the lifestyle changes are a good start, then just start making the changes. Quitting cigs may be the hardest so I would go as far as to suggest (this is if you are not a heavy drinker, if you are, get off the sauce first) to start exercising regularly, and make small changes in the diet. By small I mean start subtracting processed foods little by little. For example, say you eat a pint of ice cream 4 times per week. Start by eating 3, and perhaps switch to sorbet, or something with less fat and HFCS (high fructose corn syrup). Then, instead of eating at the deli at lunch every day, either pick a healthier option, or pack a lunch that you actually made. As it turns out, studies have shown that digestion begins in the brain, and begins when you prepare your food. Do this a couple times per week, so 2 out of 5 days. Slow, easy steps. IN the mean time, get a gym membership, and pay 6 months in advance with cash. If a membership costs $60 per month that's $240+ bucks, and if you are like me, you're going to get that value back by utilizing the gym.

As you make progress, you will start to FEEL better, your mood may become more balanced, you may even find yourself thinking about what you will make for your next lunch, what you will do at the gym, how pretty your girl is or how handsome your man is. You may start feeling greater appreciation for them. It's a really nice benefit that goes largely unmentioned.

Do that for about 3 months, then subtract more ice cream, another crap food, and and add in more natural foods. Say you started exercising 3 days per week, add another. Say you are doing 3 sets per exercise, go with four sets on your FAVORITE exercise. Remember, find the joy in working out, start with what you like to do. And for cardio, go for walks in the neighborhood, walk to the store if its in reasonable distance. If you abhor the treadmill, or the stationary bike, but like taking walks along the creek down the street, do that. 

It won't be long until you need a smaller belt. Drill a hole in it instead of buying a new one. Each time you put that belt on, you will be reminded of the progress you have made. It feels good, especially once you've drilled a bunch of holes. At this point, your significant other may find you a bit more attractive, feeling your swollen delts, bulging biceps, hard glutes, inflated quads and chiseled chest. Well maybe not quite yet, but soon if you continue to eat right and exercise four to five days per week. That hour or two you spend exercising instead sitting on the couch eating crap will pay off with big dividends.

At this point in time, or even before, you start researching the studies on TRT. You look into the risks associated with testosterone replacement, as well as the benefits. You research estrogen control, and the use of HCG, and whether or not you think you will need it based on your research. Ask questions here on MG too, ask about training, diets for weight loss, rant about shit going on in your life if you want. Remember, there is no cookie cutter here, you must get to know your body, here you will find great starting points.

Now, its time to get you blood work done, I mean it's been 6 months already and you've just paid for another 6 months gym membership. As a matter of fact you may have absolutely made sure you paid on time, you don't want to miss leg day for missing your payment, you have a PR to beat this week! Make appointment with the doctor, or order your bloods online. Its easy as cutting hot butter with an axe! Get your results and if you are going through a doctor, get her or his opinion. The doctor you choose, by the way is important as well, they are not all on the same page. If you do not have a doctor and order your bloods online, post up the results here, and I am sure you will get a sane opinion as to what's next. 

Whatever the results, keep going, keep on trucking. You get to create yourself as you go, it's pretty fucking cool if you ask me :)

strong

I'm not TRT but I see the great benefits of AAS use. I am more accountable to myself than ive ever been these last few years. I Mentioned to Calm that I had a few drinks the other day and it just destroyed me. I was disappointed with myself the next day. Today I woke up feeling great because of my choices. People say things like: I'm going to enjoy my life with whatever I want to eat, smoking cigarettes etc. Their not even enjoying those habits/addictions, Its just been a part of their every day life and they're killing themselves. A slight shift in perspective and cutting out things that are damaging your body seems pretty easy to me....

blastthru23

Its funny how enjoyment gets mixed up with unhealthy choices. How can one truly enjoy anything when health is in a compromised state? A girl at work asked if I would like to go out and party with her and her friends. She said, "You need to take a break from the gym and eating all that health food stuff, come party with me, it'll be fun." While it was tempting in more ways than one, I had to decline the offer for more reasons than one. I don't have time to go out, take substances that would leave me useless for days, needless to say, piss my Lady off! Funny thing is that this same girl is constantly complaining of a sore back, feeling out of shape and aging to quickly. Yet she's having fun, but I don't see the joy. Been there done that....