Why ‘Cruising’ Makes Zero Sense

Dunbar

Cruising makes zero sense what so ever for the majority of people using AAS.

Androgen receptors are not specific to different compounds. Testosterone hits the same receptors that DBOL, TREN, ANAVAR and whatever else do..

The entire premise of ‘cycling’ is to maximize benefits, health, or gains.

When you continually run AAS your body doesn’t have an opportunity to reset. So whenever you do decide to fully come off your gains are going to be shot at the very least.

Giving your body a therapeutic cleanse is as ancient as religion. I.E. Lent, Ramadan, etc. The cleanse makes you better not worse. Receptors are reset, the mind is clear, the liver rejuvenates and the kidneys are flushed.

This is what works for me. I wanted to share an alternative because there are many ways to do things.

True gains ins are not lost when you continue to eat and train. Gains that go away are usually water and glycogen overflow. Different compounds and do diligence overcome this.

If you are depressed and have no motivation to go to the gym because you were on a three year cycle then yea. You will probably become normal again.

Tomorrow is always a new new day and Monday is always leg day!

cheers

Dolf

Too many guys rely on the gear for their gains rather than the gear and food. Diet is by far the most important part of this lifestyle. If you are not consuming enough food to sustain your gains you are wasting time and money. Food is the most anabolic substance you can put in your body.

cjs001972

Would age have a factor in deciding wether or not to cruise in between cycles? I am 47 and have naturally low test levels. Going through a complete pct might not get me back to “normal “. I agree that the body needs to reset and cleanse itself . Can the body do this on low levels of test in between blasts?

blastthru23

Its all speculation from my point of view, as I have very limited understanding of the "reset/cleanse the receptors" theory. Although I do believe (not to be confused with 'understand') that a break is a good thing; but does one have to come completely off to do this? Not sure. But, those guys (and I know a good handful of them) that never come off of a cycle, would probably benefit greatly, from the vital organs stand point, to completely discontinue or at least cruise.

Here is a real life example: I have one friend that had been on tren e for 4 years straight, and popping dbols for months on end! He was running 500 test e and 500 tren ace per week. He was complaining of getting no gains, but was afraid that if he came off he would lose it all. I convinced him that his gains would not be lost if just ate right, kept on with the training, and run 250mg a week of test e. He hated it for the first 4 weeks, complaining that he had no energy, felt a little depressed, and cloudy, but that leveled off by week 6. He cruised for I think 5 months. After this "break" he did an NPP cycle, and was amazed at how he was again making gains in both strength and size. Once he finished that 12 weeker, I made him take another 8 week break (I wanted him to go the full 12, but he was adamant to start again). He ran a long bulk cycle, broke many PR's and put on 8-12 pounds. Thus, it seems evident that a break makes complete sense. Do you have to go cold turkey to do it? Maybe, maybe not. (As aside, I tried like crazy to get him to go get his blood work done, but he was too afraid of what he might find out; "ignorance is bliss" he said, I responded "Ignorance might result in an early death." You can lead a horse to water...)

As far as cleansing, I also believe that if you eat clean,and take the right supplements and measure to support organ function, you might not need to do a full tilt cleanse; however, those who eat crap every day, and sit around getting no exercise would benefit greatly (including gym rats that eat McD and crap like that, and never come off).

Dunbar

Great info Blast! Experience trumps any study in my book! The only way to learn the best equation for your body is to continue testing or find what works and stick with it!!

I have another thought for someone on TRT that supports the other side. When I say TRT I mean legit TRT(nothing above 200 in rare cases 300) and many people maintain a happy test range on 100-200...

Testosterone occurs in the body naturally.. (a way to keep your body efficient is to keep it just a little bit hungry for everything). With T levels in a natural range(sub 1000) your receptors are not saturated. They are operating normally and ideally remain a bit ‘hungry’ for more.

My point is that in TRUE TRT situations a cleanse isn’t needed because the body is in a natural state!!

I have a question.. What would be the reason for blasting on TRT?

cjs001972

For me it would be to get bigger and look better. I get both on higher test and by adding other compounds. I agree getting bloodwork should be the deciding factor. In fact I should probably get that done soon. I found out I needed trt last year and have done two 12 week blasts with a cruise of 250 mg of test in between and after. I really like the idea of staying on test because I haven’t lost any of the size I’ve put on. I know 250 mg is higher than a trt dose I just haven’t been able bring myself to go lower because I feel so good. I went from 180 lbs to 215. In the past I’ve always dropped a lot of my gains even with pct. I think it’s harder the older I get. Thank you for the good information.

blastthru23

I have a question.. What would be the reason for blasting on TRT?

This is a very good question Dunbar, and there a few answers that I can think of. First, I want to say that as I have matured in this game,I'm finding that at all levels of gear usage this question has become a very important question to ask oneself. Basically, what the hell am I doing and what do I want to achieve by using gear? There are essentially two camps here: 1) the guys doing TRT for purely medical reasons, 2) guys using gear for physique enhancement and TRT/cruising.

Thus the question becomes what are my goals, and of that or those goals, what is realistic for me? How much do I want to risk having future health issues from running supra-physiological doses of gear? There is that notion that only those who are competing should do cycles and more poignantly cycle that include tren. But, then there are guys who don't have a desire to compete, but enjoy the process, and want to look competition ready as it were.

For our purposes, it the guys that blast and cruise, and why do we do this? The question is important because in most cases, our typical gym rat users don't really need to go beyond a replacement dose to get the results they seek. Look at the teen age boys that blow up just on their natural testosterone levels, and of course there are other things at play here as well, endocrinologically speaking (GH, insulin sensitivity, etc.).

To circuitously get to the point, I will use an analogy of the race car driver versus the guys and gals that just like having a sports car like a BMW M5 or a Porsche. Many guys and gals like to race cars as a hobby for example. They have a career, a family, and perhaps other interests as well, say fishing. They just don't have either the time or the interest in pursuing a career in race car driving, but they love to race nonetheless. They spend heaps of time building the motor, enhancing the chassis, and the body of the car. They research fuel types, aerodynamics, maybe even metallurgy to certain extent. They practice driving techniques, prepare for the physical endurance required to drive at high speeds while maintaining a high degree of focus. Furthermore, they go out to a track to practice any time they get the chance. These are the people who blast and cruise. On the other hand, the folks who like having a sports car simply like to either look good in their car (a display of wealth perhaps?), but they take their car to the mechanic for maintenance and repairs. To tighten up the analogy a little bit, some of these folks may take their "stock car" to the track now and then. These are the TRT folks, the latter are the folks who go to the gym and live a fitness lifestyle to a certain degree or other.

So, why blast on TRT? Well, because the compounds that are available have different effects, and the guy who wants to have a certain physique will want to run blasts to achieve this. Just like the amateur race car driver, this guy likes to look a certain a way and enjoys the process of getting there. He or she eats and trains much like the folks who enjoy building their car for the track, they research diet and nutrition, they experiment with training techniques and approaches, they research human physiology and more specifically, endocrinology. We are in the gym 4-7 days per week, and train hard. We might even attend competitions as an audience member, because we have friends that compete. We love the process, and the sport. Both run risks, no doubt, both endeavours could result in physical disabilities, or even an early death. But, to both the amateur race car driver, and the gym rat, the joy they experience outweighs the risks of the involvement in their respective interests.

Dolf

There's a difference between cruising and trt. Cruising is what guy do when they can put and still produce natural test on their own. TRT is for us older fucks who cannot produce normal amounts of t.

Dolf

If you remember I did a receptors cleanse and it did nothing for me. I lost quite a bit, but keep in mind I'm trt and my natty test levels were not enough to help me retain. Thanks to muscle memory I gained it all back quite easily. That was a miserable few months.

Dolf

My doctor prescribes me 250mg ew. I did it for a while but then reduced it to 200mg ew. I like cruising best there plus after a while I'll have enough saved up to run a cycle of true pharma test.

Dolf

I'll add genetics to this issue as well. Most of us don't have the genetic makeup to be pro bodybuilders but that doesn't stop us from trying to look like one. At least as genetically close as our body will allow.

Gene's are the only thing that separate many of us from the pro's.

Dunbar

Yessir well said fellas, so true...

Anybody experimenting with gene editing out there?? I’ve heard GH can do it and theoretically YK-11... I think?