Women can take creatine

Barbarella

I noticed there aren't a lot of ladies in the group so thought I'd start paving the way where I can for when they come! 

First, a few points about creatine:

- It is a naturally occurring amino acid in fish and red meat and is naturally found in our bodies
- There are 100s of studies confirming it's efficiency
- Increases strength
- Promotes lean muscle mass
- Reduces fatigue
- Improves muscle recovery and endurance
- You do need to maintain a consistent workout schedule to achieve benefits
- It will not make you "manly" as many women stipulate

I'm normally a var girl but thought I'd switch it up and give creatine a try, after seeing it as a go-to in between juice cycles for my bf I did some research and gave it a try. 

I went for creatine monohydrate in a pill form, which requires no loading and is said to have minimal bloating affects - which I found to be true. For my first cycle I took 3g a day for 4 weeks. I noticed some overall bloating but found it disappeared a couple weeks after stopping. Overall I was happy with the results: I had more energy, better muscle recovery, increased stamina and achieved solid pumps during my workouts. While it felt like I was having the opposite affects of var (feeling bigger during my cycle rather than leaner), the end results were positive and there was a definite increase in muscle mass and toning, especially in my thighs (which have always been my trouble zone). 

Hope this helps and would love to hear other's perspectives! 

siegmund

Very good post :) and im really happy your going to start paving the way for our ladies.  +1 barbella.   I would love to see the site grow in every aspect , and your stand up. I was there a while ago , trust me and I kept 5am posting and posting , and some of the best people I have ever known in my life , came on board here and im proud to call them brothers and sisters. .., anx im sure the I ladies do frequent the site but see no women and get a little discouraged ..  proud barbella to have you.   Ahhh fucking hormones , im on cycle and can you fucking beleive I write something like this responce and I get chocked up smh.   Well I know my gear is good lol

D

dolfanshan

+1 great post. I too am glad you are here. We need more women like you to become active members. 

Barbarella

Thanks siegmund! I definitely feel very welcomed with all the great responses from everyone :) I'm all for blowing the stereotypes women give working out and educate them on the benefits of supplements etc. gear isn't necessarily for all women but there is lots you can do without it and lots you can achieve with it! I've got a pretty crazy schedule so I don't think there will be any 5am posts, but definitely as much as I can.

Barbarella

Thanks dolfanshan! Most women are leary of weights so I imagine hitting forums will take them some time. What I've noticed tho is my friends started to see my results and now most have jumped on the weight train, it's only a matter of time before they start dabbling to achieve the next level of results. It's a movement that will take time but I hope it happens sooner than later!

siegmund

Lol.  Barbella thats a typo,  my nick name is 5am. Lol agion I may have 3 or 4 5am s in one paragraph , for some reason when im typing fast 5am comes up , I laughing so hard im choking that 5am came up right at the right time.   Hell at 5am I have to get up and im just ready for bed , after being up all nightfrom my rin 5am im on.   :)

siegmund

Also I appolagize , I need to start watching my tongue with ladies around , im a gentleman.  Just so use to all us alpha juiced up males here , but im going to tone it down , its just basic respect.

D

dolfanshan

My wife for years was caught up in the old school theory that women must lift light weight for high reps. I showed her the female training bible which dispells all the myths about women and lifting like a man. My wife responded really well to lifting heavy for lower reps. Nobody wants to lift a 5lb weight 100 times. Anyway all the women around her started asking her what are you doing to get that body? (She had just had our 2nd child) Her response to all of them was I quit lifting light and started lifting heavy like a man. Not sure if you've ever read it, but the female training bible is a great article for women who train.

Outlawthing

Glad to see a lady here I have no doubt that creatine works but what I found out through my personal exp was that it elevated my liver enzymes well above normal had a lot of tests run to figure ouT why they were high ane nada quit taking creatine and they are back to normal  so I wonder if it is worth it  if I'm going to strain my liver it would be on something far better 

Barbarella

Definitely something to look out for! As with all things it's about balance and listening to your body. For women especially starting with lower doses and shorter cycles are the way to go. Once you have experience with how your body reacts you can up doses and cycle times. It's not worth starting out full throttle only to find your body has had a negative response. 

jonathan

Creatine is probably the most studied supplement of all time,and who can argue with its effectiveness i use it every day ,i like to educate women about the myth of heavy weights low reps over high reps low weight ,women cant get big they simply dont have enough testosterone ,lifting heavy with low reps will give them a fantastic shape,with correct diet..i always say if you want to look like a marathon runner hit those slow twitch fibers and go light and high reps its fantastic at wasting muscle away ,or hit the fast twitch fibers and heavy low reps and get a body like a sprinter..,lifting heavy wont make you big cupcakes do,and im glad we have women onboard on muscle gurus we all here to learn and help each other to get to where we want to be bodywise

Predator

Awesome post B. Definitely a +1 for you. This is a topic not usually discussed among women and it should be. As far as liver values, u r going to see fair amount of elevation from intense training and higher protein intake. Simple liv52 along with maybe some essentiale forte is going to solve that issue if it truly is a concern.

ashop

Old thread but I have a recent female client who has responded really well. Her physique transformation has truly been amazing.

OhioStateFootball

Kids can take creatine. There is a study that shows that 1 gram of creatine a day can increase the height. I can't remember the exact numbers but it was like the group taking 1 gram a day grew a CM more than the placebo group over a year. That doesn't sound like much but is considerable if you did that over 7-8 year span. I sure there would be some drop off over time. That is why I believe kids that eat whole foods, red meat, chicken, fish ect.. grow taller than kids with shit diets.