I noticed there aren't a lot of ladies in the group so thought I'd start paving the way where I can for when they come!
First, a few points about creatine:
- It is a naturally occurring amino acid in fish and red meat and is naturally found in our bodies
- There are 100s of studies confirming it's efficiency
- Increases strength
- Promotes lean muscle mass
- Reduces fatigue
- Improves muscle recovery and endurance
- You do need to maintain a consistent workout schedule to achieve benefits
- It will not make you "manly" as many women stipulate
I'm normally a var girl but thought I'd switch it up and give creatine a try, after seeing it as a go-to in between juice cycles for my bf I did some research and gave it a try.
I went for creatine monohydrate in a pill form, which requires no loading and is said to have minimal bloating affects - which I found to be true. For my first cycle I took 3g a day for 4 weeks. I noticed some overall bloating but found it disappeared a couple weeks after stopping. Overall I was happy with the results: I had more energy, better muscle recovery, increased stamina and achieved solid pumps during my workouts. While it felt like I was having the opposite affects of var (feeling bigger during my cycle rather than leaner), the end results were positive and there was a definite increase in muscle mass and toning, especially in my thighs (which have always been my trouble zone).
Hope this helps and would love to hear other's perspectives!