Workout partner

Dolf

Who here trains with their wife or significant other?

I never cared for having a training partner. I always felt they held me back rather than push me to be and do better, but of course I've always been the type to be harder on myself than anyone else could be. That's why my motto is "Never Satisfied".

However a few years back I started training with my wife. Best decision ever. Not only does her presence alone push me to train harder, but it has made our relationship better and stronger. We train, do abs, and cardio 5 to 6 days a week. (Then we go home and often have #wifecardio as well ?!)

Dunbar

Nice, I’m a solo artist myself. Also usually feel like training with someone holds me back. Not to mention waiting on someone to make it to the gym, if they actually make it, messes up my routine. I’d enjoy having a good training partner but like everything else, they are few and far in between.

siegmund

I'm with dunbar I choose alone also , I'm about to get going agion I haven't touched a weight in well over a year .alot of problems the last Few years .

Last edited:

blastthru23

Solo, but I'll spot a guy if he needs it. Bolt Thrower nice and loud, training plan, and a jug of water are my partners.... but I'll admit that I feel almost envious of those couples that train together. Must be a cool thing to share

ashop

All my workout partners have quit on me or undependable. The gym is my time and I cherish it, alone!

strong

I train alone again. I did train with my wife for 6 months. I think it started to hamper my workouts after a while. Nothing she did, just personal preference. I figure I got her going and she is still lifting 2 years later and looking great..

Dolf

Sometimes a break does us good sieg. When you jump make sure its head first into the deep end.

Dolf

When you are really passionate about something it's hard to find someone who has as much passion.

Dolf

I struggled with that too at first, but slowly I was able to bring her up to my level of intensity. I think how easily I could manipulate my body from bulked to cut and vice versa compared to her she saw that I knew what I was doing. You know modern women...they hate men trying to tell them what to do lol

Dunbar

Lol, don’t hang me at the stake but that is the one thing CrossFit has going, they bring people together to workout.. Or at least being on the outside looking in that is how it seems. I don’t wear headphones in the gym anymore because it drives me nuts when I’m trying to talk to someone and they constantly have to mess with their damn headphones. Not that I’m a big chatter but Im definitely not for being so far into what I’m trying to do that I cannot acknowledge another person next to me trying to do the exact same thing. I feel like it would be easier if 90% of the people in there weren’t zombied out to Kanye or The White Stripes or whoever.

The scary thing to me, because im guilty of being a zombie at times, is I thought I was setting the bar. Ya know being original, new age, American bad ass or whatever. Then I realized I was simply controlled by pomp pop in my sacred place, the gym.. It’s not ok to be alone with my thoughts ever, or to share an awkward conversation that doesn’t mean anything but just might be the difference in someone’s day.

Dolf

There's also high amounts of infidelity amongst crossfitters as well. Lol

I only wear headphones while doing cardio. I fucking hate cardio and good music takes my mind off it and makes the time pass faster.

ashop

The gym is my sanctuary. My girl has never even been in the gym I train at. We do A LOT of things together, but training isn't one of them.

Dolf

May made 20 years for us. Neither of us are perfect but we make it work. Being best friends is the biggest part of the puzzle.