Would you say I am a candidate for TRT?

mayhem

Hi,

I am a new member here.

I am turning 31 in a few days 189cm(6.2 foot) tall and 85kg(187 lbs). Been working out since 16. It's my life. Absolutely love it. I subjugate everything to it.
The moment I started working out my body was transforming unbelievably fast, even on shitty food(we were poor)
I was growing like nobody around me and nobody believed me I don't take anything(not even legal suplements, I just coudn't afford it).
And I was pretty lean(I can eat pounds of bacon and donuts and don't get fat, I guess my fat percentege has always been around 15.
When I was 19 I managed to earn some money and got me 11x ampules of test prop. I believe it was 250mg/ml, took one ampule every other/third day
and I was eating about 6-10 naposim pills(5mg/tab) a day.
I gaind around 10kilograms(~22 lbs) and kept 7kilograms(~15.4 lbs) and got much stronger and very aggresive.
I couldn't afford more gear and I didn't do PCT. Funny I didn't even notice any side effects after the cycle other
than strength loss. Judging based on my extreme libdo I've had since I came to puberty and my superhuman motivation to do stuff and always feeling fantastic I bet
I had abnormally high testosterone.
NEVER had problems with libido or getting hard, I was super horny nonstop, until I turned 28...

I started having problems with erectyle dysfunction and produce a way less sperm than I once did.
Have horrible sleep, can't fall asleep(takes me like 2-4hours) and still waking up at night and I wake up every morning
tired and not looking forward to the day, I feel derpessed and have anxiety, don't want to socaliaze, after work I just
sit at home. I even hate going to malls or crowded places. I have some sex drive but I just don't have such desire to date girls. I can't even hold a longer eye look.
I now cry quite often which I never did(I am from poor family, very strict father, did not have any luxury during growing up, believe me I used to be a tough youngster).
My life sucked so much for the past almost 3 years, I feel empty, don't have any fun, no excitement and I litteraly feel like I am old and life is over, that there's nothing good for me in the future.
I still work out like crazy, intensive compound movement exercises, take cold showers everyday, I eat (to me) a perfect diet.
I don't overeat but I eat enough, 4-5meals a day and a protein shake, mostly beef, turkey, wallnuts, almonds,
beans, lentils, root vegetables, ton of garlic, basic fruits(apples, bananas), potatos, rice, 4full eges every day, oats; all the good stuff. No processed garbage.
Vitamins, omega3, zinc and magnesium.
But I can't gain any weight and my strength is nowhere near it used to be. But I am still lean.

So I went to a urologist and that female doctor completely ignored how I feel and just prescribed me sildenafil..
My total testosterone levels were 18.96nmol/l(range 9 - 32nmol/l), accroding to a unit translator I found on the internet it's 547 for US units.
My LH and FSH were bellow midst, SHBG was almost at high end.

Over two years I took two more blood tests and the values are about the same. But I also measured estrogen(was a little above high end), prolactin(high end, still in range), and cortisol(little over high end). Unfortunately, in my country they can't measure free testosterone, they can only calculate free androgen index based on total test and SHBG.
I've been doing lots of research and educating myself on hormones and the effects.
As I have a friend who can get me gear, I am very tempting to start TRT on my own and see if my shitty mood, anxiety and depression goes away.
I would start 170mg of test cyp. once a week and see how I feel after one month, take blood test, see the numbers and adjust if something goes too off
and after another month take another blood test, see how I feel and adjust/or add AI if needed and repeat until I find a dose where I feel good.
My main goal is to feel good again, have more desire to live life, get rid of ED, more motivation, energy and add max 5-7kilograms(11-15 lbs) of muscle.
I don't want to look for another doctor because my total test level is still in range and I doubt any doctor puts me on TRT, especially given I am only 31.
What scares me is that what happens when I lose my source, if my test goes to zero, and I already feel like sh*t, I fear I might get suicidal with no test in my blood.
I have constant battle in my head where one myself says do it, you have no joy and excitement in life you got nothing to loose but the other myself tells me don't do it
what if you lose access to it or some catastrophe happens or whatever.

Maybe I am naive, but given how I once felt, and how I feel now, I became convinced that if I bring my test to high end I will feel fantastic again and will never want to stop taking it. I realize it's a decision and a commitment for life.
Financially I am doing okay now and can afford good food and gear.

I would appreciate if any of TRT guys could evalute my situation and share with me your opinions on my situation and my intentions.
While I understand we all are different, can test level of around 547 really cause me so much mental troubles? Or should I seek a psychiatrist?

Thank you.

eddie621

Fuck it try it I’m doin the same thing i no I have low t though but I absolutely felt FEEL like u do I am waiting on my order right now I ordered from 2 different sight 1 over seas and a domestic I’m hoping it works and I ordered a roid testing kit to be safe I’m gonna b useing Sustanon 250 cuz all other test takes way to long to stay working good luck o I’m only 30 yrs old and this is messing me up completely I had to try something I tried drs they’ve know I’ve had low t for 3 yrs and refuse to give me testosterone and just keep running test on me good luck bro

Outlawthing

Test levels do vary from person to person. Been on trt for a looong time my numbers vary widely but total test is only part of the puzzle free test levels and estrogen and prolactin are also factors I do understand how you feel you basically described me pre trt to a T and it is miserable I went through 5 doctors before a found one ( a female) who understood. Are you on any other prescribed medication what did they do for your Ed have you had a complete blood panel done to see everything you need to look into an endocrinologist as well not a urologist I feel it would better suit you also if you are actually depressed could be an issue trt isn’t a cure all It is not as glamorous as you may think and it is for life like forever like till you push up daisies shots in the ass more shots do some more math too your need to factor. In test at least 6months in store needles then bloodwork at say 6 weeks to look at levels and estrogen then possibly an ai going and religiously donating blood the old prostate needs to be checked for ball cancer from time to time once you go down this road there is a good chance you can’t come back it’s not impossible some would argue with pct but prolonged use will shut your hormones down most likely permanently by no means am I saying don’t do it. Weigh out the risk vs reward cost and commitment
educate yourself and do it properly don’t just fly by the seat of your pants buy a bottle a few needles And go weeee! There is loads of info here and there used to be lots of helpful people here I’m sure there still are I been Ghost for some time

THE MOOSE

I'm on TRT now a t 1/2 cc of us pharmacy grade Test every 5 days! Comes out to 140mg a week, but feels the same to my body as 200mg!

Last edited: